oAxel

Rank 0
oAxel
PostedJan 27, 2014 6:59 pm

EXP Death Penalty

Exp Death Penalty would be a good implementation to AK.
Hello! Axel from Siren here.

Before hand, if you're not going to share constructive feedback and just start flaming or trolling, don't even bother posting.

I was thinking that maybe some sort of Exp death penalty should be added to AK, probably to try (Hence the "try") to stop botters and for the people that want to "Camp" at a certain level. Also mainly for people that want to stay at a certain level cause they feel they aren't ready yet to go further and give themselves some time to prepare.

P.S: This would apply outside dungeons of course.

Hope that a part of the playerbase feels the same way!

These are my thoughts for now, feel free to add anything else!

- Axel
Advertisement

largedude0003

Rank 0
PostedJan 27, 2014 7:14 pm

NO

No,no,no,no. why would you need a death penalty, you say its cause of afker, botters and such well that fine and dandy however when you get interrupted by someone or something in real life and you die well that sucks. I've played Eden where if u died u get 10 % taken away minus dungeons and i definitely could have made my leveling would have been a lot easier especial when i leave the computer for 2 sec and a elite pops up right on top of me. Plus its not gonna stop the botters only catching them will which is from the support of players using the illegal behavior button. the afkers, people gonna afk, they are lazy people however you can avoid this by using what another company did which was sign off the account, if the player doesn't move for a certain amount of time log them out 20-30 min bam no afkers, less bots. This idea of death penalty just messes up the game for the rest of us.

noble.blizzaja

Rank 3
noble.blizzaja
PostedJan 27, 2014 7:16 pm
Interesting. I think part of why it's so easy to lvl in this game is that there are no exp penalties for death ._. Would do well to slow things down a bit, though I don't think this will stop botters if they setup having cast Ballad every few secs.

If this were to be implemented, how would you suggest Gaia Revival and Feather of Revival be affected? Not at all? Less exp loss? No exp loss? Most games I've played have reduced exp loss when revived by other people :o

khnareshsingh

Rank 0
khnareshsingh
PostedJan 27, 2014 7:35 pm

I see no significant effect on either normal players or the botters. Normal players will die rarely in open world unless they are some serious noobs who has just come to know what a pc is, anyone wanting to take a break can easily be afk at safe zone which are plenty in maps.
This hindering afk botters or botters is very unlikely, afk botters don't bot at crowded place but some solitary spawn zone where there isn't much risk and they have their auto potions on, and their pets are good enough to let them safely bot. The botters on the other hand use macros and softwares to keep track of their stats and apply calculated skills and item use to keep the alive and bot safely, this won't help in any way curtailing any illegal activity.

But still for the sake of following norms or *standards they could add some exp penalty or weapon durability penalty on death, it would be more meaningful if they applied it on dungeons.

nero13hell

Rank 0
nero13hell
PostedJan 27, 2014 7:42 pm

Disagree

I've played many of MMORPGS with this feature and to me personally this is the most irritating thing on the planet. If you run dungeons and your team decides to be dumb and agro more then what you can handle as a group then its spamfest of death slowly droping peoples level.

I never really liked the Idea of a Loss of Exp death penalty.

oAxel

Rank 0
oAxel
PostedJan 27, 2014 7:45 pm
largedude0003 wrote:
I've played Eden where if u died u get 10 % taken away  

Actually in Eden Eternal it was just a 5%.

Like any other game EXP death penalty should be added in AK doesn't matter if people will rarely die outside the dungeons (Honestly? there's actually no challenge at all in the game outside Dungeons).

khnareshingh wrote:
But still for the sake of following norms or *standards they could add some exp penalty or weapon durability penalty on death, it would be more meaningful if they applied it on dungeons.  

I was thinking that also, about applying it on dungeons but I figured people would start QQing and whining a lot about it (I won't lie, I would QQ myself). But for a more acceptable way, it should probably be applied in the open world, and leave the dungeons without the penalty.

nero13hell

Rank 0
nero13hell
PostedJan 27, 2014 7:50 pm

Weapon penalty

There is already a weapon penalty about 8-20 durability per death.

largedude0003

Rank 0
PostedJan 27, 2014 7:58 pm

durability per death cost money which is Hard pain in the butt, thanks for the correction on eden wasnt sure if was 5 or 10 anyways suggesting the DP be put in dungeons is asking for people to leave the game, what i ment about dieing oiut side a dungeon was for real more detailed im a tank i pull as much as possible but when a stupid random elite pops out of no where thats a pain to, there is no need for a DP in this game cause there is no need to hold back from leveling there shouldnt be and the whole afkers and botting should b takin care of by means of kicking inactivenss after 20-30 plus if ur here for that there is another post complain there.

oAxel

Rank 0
oAxel
PostedJan 27, 2014 8:02 pm
Death penalties in AK are needed because they add tension and they make the player think about what he is doing instead of rushing in. As I’ve always said, no one should want to die. Death should be feared, unwelcomed, inconvenient, and it should bring with it a sting that would make you not want to experience it again any time soon.

Without a penalty like this, death would be meaningless and it would trivialize everything in the game that has to do with death. If you lost nothing, including time (which is the most valuable commodity that everything comes back to in a MMO), then facing a dragon would not scare you; exploring deep into unknown territory would not be as exciting; defying the odds would be less satisfying.

Just my 2 cents thoughts.

Hiiragi18

Rank 1
Hiiragi18
PostedJan 27, 2014 8:15 pm

Re: NO

largedude0003 wrote:
No,no,no,no. why would you need a death penalty, you say its cause of afker, botters and such well that fine and dandy however when you get interrupted by someone or something in real life and you die well that sucks. I've played Eden where if u died u get 10 % taken away minus dungeons and i definitely could have made my leveling would have been a lot easier especial when i leave the computer for 2 sec and a elite pops up right on top of me. Plus its not gonna stop the botters only catching them will which is from the support of players using the illegal behavior button. the afkers, people gonna afk, they are lazy people however you can avoid this by using what another company did which was sign off the account, if the player doesn't move for a certain amount of time log them out 20-30 min bam no afkers, less bots. This idea of death penalty just messes up the game for the rest of us.  

I've tried explaining this to him but he won't listen O.o
@Axel Once again don't just think of a group of complete nutsacks and think about the community as a whole, until you do that you will get little to no support.
Also most of us competent people don't simply "Rush in like ')o)'"....I emphasize the word competent to its fullest.