DESOUL

Rank 3
DESOUL
PostedJan 27, 2014 11:25 am

Best Armor Cores?

Discuss
There we go, as topic name implies, which armor cores do you think are best in this game?

I am inclined to say that if you are searching for battle stats, Beast Cores are the best choice, they give 1% Damage and 1% HP.

If you are making a drop set, obviously Lucky cores is what you are searching for.
And if you want a exp set, then its Blessed cores.

Why do i think that beast cores are the best ones?
Simple, thats because they scale best in this game and all the other stats do not, cores work on the same principle as Attack Spec masteries.

As in, that if you have a 1% CRIT core inside your gear, it will not increase your CRIT rate dirrectly by 1%, but it will only increase your CURRENT crit rate by 1%, thus if you have 50% crit rate, it will add a extra 0.5%

Same with all the other stats, except damage and HP.
Advertisement

csonka.mihaly

Rank 1
csonka.mihaly
PostedJan 27, 2014 11:35 am
I'd say DMG+HP on guards and CRIT+HP for bards and DPS.

Sixaxis

Rank 3
Sixaxis
PostedJan 27, 2014 11:54 am
csonka.mihaly wrote:

We DPS' like DMG+HP too. >:

I've been thinking about throwing debuff effects on my main weap and subclass since they both trigger regardless of which class' skill is used. It beats the +1% Cores when used in PvP.

I've yet to see a 'Life Absorb' core, if one exists.

csonka.mihaly

Rank 1
csonka.mihaly
PostedJan 27, 2014 11:56 am
Sixaxis wrote:
csonka.mihaly wrote:

full CRIT build is stronger than full DMG build.
Life leach is good for sorc, duelist and gunslinger in PvE too Very Happy

DESOUL

Rank 3
DESOUL
PostedJan 27, 2014 12:02 pm
Sixaxis wrote:
csonka.mihaly wrote:

I've been thinking about throwing debuff effects on my main weap and subclass since they both trigger regardless of which class' skill is used. It beats the +1% Cores when used in PvP.

life absorb core is called "Nocturnal Core" and it usually sells for about 50-60 gold.

It gives you 3% life absorb, and its only for weapons.

RockmanZXZ

Rank 2
RockmanZXZ
PostedJan 27, 2014 12:04 pm
Do we have a list of all core types somewhere, not limited to armor too?

imakebirdiescry

Rank 0
imakebirdiescry
PostedJan 27, 2014 12:20 pm
If you look at it in terms of how many stat points each core bonus is worth, DMG is easily the best offensive stat unless you rely mainly on DoTs, and DEF is usually (though not always) the best defensive stat.

+1%DMG is nearly 3 stat points' worth (2.86, to be exact). You would need about 71% crit rate from gears/base stats alone (excluding stat points in CRIT and other %CRIT increases) for +1%CRIT to be worth the same number of stat points. In order for +1%SPD to be worth 2.86 stat points, you would need 86% coming from gear/base stats, which is impossible with a 50% hardcap on SPD. The only time the CRIT core would be better is if a significant portion of your damage output comes from DoTs, as the DMG core doesn't affect DoT damage.

+1%HP is less than 2 stat points' worth (1.72 points). DEF beats this at 34% from gears/base stats, which is incredibly easy to get from level 50 green armor. EVA beats it at 60% from gears/base stats (remember to exclude other %EVA bonuses), which means running a full EVA gearset can make the EVA cores worth more than DEF cores. The thing is, if you're running that full EVA set, then your gears are probably giving you closer to 40% DEF (more if you fortify), which means DEF cores break even with EVA cores at 70% EVA from gear/base stats.

Even if DMG/DEF aren't the stats you're focusing on, they're always useful (outside of DoTs for DMG), and having more of them means that any points you would have invested in those stats to optimize your build can just be shifted to other stats. (*Sidenote: with the exception of capping EVA or SPD, it is almost always better to split stats than to dump everything into one stat.)

NerdKingDork

Rank 0
PostedJan 27, 2014 12:26 pm
I'd prolly go DMG+HP core as a dps cause later you can just cap defense with the right amount of fortifications on your armor and you can already get a good 50-60% crit rate from gears/trophies alone which is more than enough crit rate for me.

DESOUL

Rank 3
DESOUL
PostedJan 27, 2014 12:30 pm
NerdKingDork wrote:
I'd prolly go DMG+HP core as a dps cause later you can just cap defense with the right amount of fortifications on your armor and you can already get a good 50-60% crit rate from gears/trophies alone which is more than enough crit rate for me.  

60% is hard to attain without spending quite a bit of points into CRIT, but 50% is realistic with spending a bit of poits into crit and having the right gear, plus envoy paths.

blackdeath101

GameSage: Forum
blackdeath101
PostedJan 27, 2014 12:42 pm
If I had all the cores to choose from and it wasn't RNG:

Weapon = Crit damage or Nocturnal. I already get the Duelist Envoy for lifesteal, but having more can't hurt. I get 13% lifesteal with Koto buff and heal for absurd amounts. Crit damage would be a good fallback, but I don't like it for the reason below.

Armor = Lucky. I pull agro on every boss as is. The groups I run with usually run without Bard. I can only tank for so long on Hard bosses or Zahir, so having even more dps will mean pulling agro even quicker. Once we get the Malice re-vamp patch, then I'll probably go for def/dmg cores.