Author Message

nexus12op

Rank 0
Joined
03 Nov 2012
Posts
12
Location
United States
PostedJan 24, 2014 7:02 pm

Wizard SPD vs CRIT

I've been rerolling between SPD + EVA and CRIT + HP/DEF and here's what I think happens on both sides:

Note: This is at level 50 and may change at level 55 & 60 but this is just basics.

PvE-wise:

SPD + approx. 18% CRIT + EVA/DEF build

  • SPD + EVA gets better HP + DEF and additional EVA but has lesser CRIT/DMG.
  • The SPD allows the wiz to spam Meteor constantly which also allows better movement to dodge boss AoEs.
  • The fast cast SPD gives more chance for meteor to critically hit because the wiz would be casting a lot of meteor in a short amount of time. Also, AoE stun has lesser cooldown (good for disrupting mobs from attacking/casting).


CRIT + approx. 25% SPD + HP/DEF build

  • DMG + CRIT gets better damage and better chance at critting which compensates for the lack of speed (depending on CRIT DMG, this build would have a 2x or 3x more damage than SPD build).
  • They can't spam Meteor constantly hence there'll be less spells castable in a period of time since the wiz may be busy dodging AoEs.
  • Also, this build is more prone to getting hit by AoEs than the SPD build due to lack of mobility (although a player's skill and timing is another factor to consider).


PvP-wise:

SPD + approx. 18% CRIT + EVA/DEF build

  • EVA build is less prone to stuns but this depends on the opponent's ACC.
  • DMG + CRIT is lower and would take the wiz a longer time to kill the opponent.
  • 20-second Stun Immunity gives a disadvantage for this build since stunning allows the wiz to compensate for the less damage PvE-wise.


CRIT + approx. 25% SPD + HP/DEF build

  • HP/DEF build is more prone to stun and considering a wiz's normally low DEF + HP, the wiz could lose more than half hp within the duration of the stun.
  • Can 2 to 3-hit the opponent depending on CRIT DMG.
  • ACC is a highly important for this build if challenged against an EVA build. Any single spell missed brings you closer to dying.


Right now, I'm using the SPD + DEF build and enjoying the ease in PvE but disliking the low damage in PvP even with the occasional critical hits.
Advertisement

rexzshadow

Rank 2
Joined
21 Nov 2009
Posts
456
Location
United States
PostedJan 24, 2014 8:38 pm
well one if your doing SPD you better have gunslinger sub, two you should be wearing dmg set.

nearfuture251

Rank 0
nearfuture251
Joined
07 Mar 2013
Posts
27
Location
United States
PostedJan 24, 2014 10:09 pm
getting hit less by AoE??? wha? You know.. you can animation-cancel like almsot every wizz skill, and you make it sound like meteor is the only skill wiz has. i dont understand your logic for pve OR pvp

nexus12op

Rank 0
Joined
03 Nov 2012
Posts
12
Location
United States
PostedJan 25, 2014 1:41 pm
Like i posted, the player's experience with bosses is another factor to consider. By mobility, i meant moving in the duration of casting the spell, and i think only meteor can do that (like the gunslinger's aimed shot).

Fireball, icy curse, ice storm, and storm curse don't have the same mobility as meteor since most of the time you have to cast it first, pause, then move. Unlike the meteor's or aimed shot's unrestricted movement while casting the spell.

nexus12op

Rank 0
Joined
03 Nov 2012
Posts
12
Location
United States
PostedJan 25, 2014 1:44 pm
rexzshadow wrote:
well one if your doing SPD you better have gunslinger sub, two you should be wearing dmg set.  


i'm trying to point out that the DMG set has lesser hp, no eva, and lesser defense which means that this build dies so much faster than the SPD set.

HonorLives

Rank 1
HonorLives
Joined
02 Jan 2014
Posts
272
Location
Canada
PostedJan 25, 2014 2:21 pm
nexus12op wrote:
Like i posted, the player's experience with bosses is another factor to consider. By mobility, i meant moving in the duration of casting the spell, and i think only meteor can do that (like the gunslinger's aimed shot).

Fireball, icy curse, ice storm, and storm curse don't have the same mobility as meteor since most of the time you have to cast it first, pause, then move. Unlike the meteor's or aimed shot's unrestricted movement while casting the spell.  
Jump cast.

nexus12op

Rank 0
Joined
03 Nov 2012
Posts
12
Location
United States
PostedJan 25, 2014 2:51 pm
HonorLives wrote:
Jump cast.  


Didn't know that was possible. Still, there's still the pro-con with having SPD set and DMG/CRIT set PvP-wise and PvE-wise. Specifically the AoE Instant Thunder stunning (SPD) for PvE and the stun-prone + low DEF/HP (DMG/CRIT) build for PvP.

Reaper171

Rank 0
Reaper171
Joined
15 Sep 2008
Posts
87
Location
Manchester United Kingdom
PostedJan 25, 2014 4:38 pm
Crit build is far superior, with current gear unless you buy **** loads of SPD tools and such you wont get above 40% as wizards, but you can easily get to 80% crit.

MrRaven.

Legendary Founder: Scarlet Blade
MrRaven.
Joined
08 Mar 2013
Posts
522
Location
Jersey City United States
PostedJan 25, 2014 6:05 pm
^ lol

rexzshadow

Rank 2
Joined
21 Nov 2009
Posts
456
Location
United States
PostedJan 25, 2014 9:27 pm
Reaper171 wrote:
Crit build is far superior, with current gear unless you buy **** loads of SPD tools and such you wont get above 40% as wizards, but you can easily get to 80% crit.  


Some one here isn't a gun sub.

nexus12op wrote:
rexzshadow wrote:
well one if your doing SPD you better have gunslinger sub, two you should be wearing dmg set.  


i'm trying to point out that the DMG set has lesser hp, no eva, and lesser defense which means that this build dies so much faster than the SPD set.  


Like it matters since your RANGED DPS and thus shouldn't be getting hit enough that you need to be wearing tank gear. Build SPD or DMG or CRIT w/e you should never be wearing the tank set.

Display posts from previous:   Sort by: