iKingTank

Rank 2
iKingTank
PostedJan 23, 2014 1:35 pm   Last edited by iKingTank on May 23, 2014 6:27 pm. Edited 87 times in total

KingTank's Guardian/Bard [Guide] PVE/PVP

Introduction: Hello! I am KingTank I play on Hydra and I am in the guild Riot (also known as best guild in game). If you are in a different server comment here and ill answer questions to the best of my ability. If you are in Hydra and want to ask a question msg me in game or if you think other people will benefit from the question ask me over here and ill answer ASAP!.

Added small DPS guide on 14th page. Just a change of masteries and basic gear switches.

My Stats!
(In party)
- Why HP instead of DEF? Def is already super easy to max in a party and as a Guard you are mostly party focused and dont need to worry about stats outside of parties.

!Costumes and sigils!
-Dmg taken -2%
-Max hp +2%
-Max hp+2% + Dmg Taken -2%

Envoys!
My current Envoy level 61 atm.

Note: Once I hit level 63 I will be resetting taking a point off shield bash mastery and getting the one Prickliness to Will to live. Once I get my next Envoy points after that I will re put the points into Shield bash mastery x2 as shown below.

Note:End Game Envoy Level 75.

-These envoys maximize your ability to tank and gain malice.

- I do not think the other mastery envoys are worth getting just yet because we wont have enough points to get them and maintain the better envoys. I did however get shield bash because its cooldown will be decreased while having a longer duration, it being your main DPS/aggro/stun skill.

Masteries!!

-My mastery's are set mostly to gain more defense & HP while lowering the opponents defense.

-Why Lightning slash? With this + the defense bonus of ballad you should hit max DEF in any party!. The only other thing I would suggest is Revitalizing wall if your DEF is maxed without this.

-If you atleast 70%+ Defense i suggest getting max hp+5% defense mastery instead of DEF+5%. Im currently using courage hp+5% and dmg taken-2% because im maxed DEF but that has to be found or bought.

-You can also change defense to speed but it only gave me .1second CD so i chose to get dmg to defense Also more DMG than defense so DMG to DEF gives more stats than DEF to SPEED. If you go to guild hall talk to Mikhail-->Buy Goods-->Theory of best Defense(you dont need to craft it, its an instant use) you can get 2% DMG to DEF which makes it even better. Yes you can also get 2% DEF to speed if you are low on speed but each % for DMG gives more to DEF than DEF to Speed.

I would aim for these two pieces first for the amazing set bonus!

Set bonus

TROPHY CORES!!

For wep!

For gear i recommend DEF +2% if your still not maxed.

If your maxed DEF I recommend HP+2%.

My CURRENT GEAR

Also I recommend getting max hp +5% harp instead of 5% movement speed because the benefit is much greater.

Trophy

These two are good if you can afford.
Get this one 100%

This one if you can afford!

Cheap Alternatives!

EIDOLONS!
Eidolons you get from quests and dont need to find key fragments SIGRUN is the best.
Eidolons you need to farm to get
-Kotonoha(High priority)(Passive) DMG - 10% Debuff(SINGLE TARGET), every 30seconds 10% lifesteal, and a party heal + speed buff every 15 seconds.

-Tsubaki(High priority) Everything same as Kotonoha. (Looks different)

- Tigerous(High-Medium priority) SPEEED!!!!Helps luring and speeds up most npcs in fame quests making you run them much faster Very Happy.

-Bahadur(Medium Priority)Recover HP every 15 seconds and DMG taken -20% every 32seconds

-Aelius(Medium Priority) Remove a status effect every 15 seconds, Targets movement speed -30% (passive), and -30% crit dmg taken every 25seconds.

Use these skills in order from 1 to 4 when ever they are off cooldown vsing bosses.
Use your healing skills after terrifying roar if you are in danger of dying also to get out of strong boss AOEs use windfury but make sure you have aggro (preferably after using terrifying roar use windfury this way you dont chase the boss and have someone die).
If you are in serious danger and are about to die use your Eidolon's ulti this gives ballad some time to heal you but also makes you invincible for the time.

Vsing lots of mobs I would switch out to booming shield bash before luring(You will not be able to switch after)when you see the mobs coming use your two buffs and terrifying roar all of them and start to use this combo set from 1 to 5

This way it keeps aggro on all the mobs and your AOE stun stuns them for a chance to use another terrifying roar, also with the extra aoe it helps keep aggro,maintain dps on all mobs and get some mobs you might have missed.

!PVP!

PVP Stats

I recommend going full points into HP because. DOTS cancels out DEF so going full hp would be ideal + almost anyone can max DEF.

Costumes and Sigils
- Max hp +2%, since HP is the best for PVP i recommend getting only max hp +2% sigils and costume stats.
- If you are lacking ACC i suggest getting two ACC sigils instead of some HP.

Envoys!

- These envoys are straight forward DMG instead of malice.

- -75% dmg taken while stunned does not work in pvp.

- Added Crit Dmg -20% from players.

-Added Mirrored shield and Windfury because reflecting dmg is a huge deal in PVP and the cool down for gap closing + extra dmg on windfury is essential to keeping up with ranged classes or kiting melee classes to heal Very Happy.

Masteries!!

-Ballad dmg +2% stacks 3 times = 6% more DMG. Make sure you have all three stacks up at all times.
-DMG +5% instead of speed +5% because all the extra DMG stacks and .1second CD decrease for PVP doesnt help much.
*Note I have 5% HP and -2% dmg taken. If you do not have it I recommend 5% hp.

COMBOS!
Vsing any class stack ballad three times then use both your buffs at 3seconds and reuse one ballad stack to keep it on a high CD.

Note: This is if your vsing the class or subclass. Ex: vsing WIZ/GS stay near them stun them right when it starts and windfury out of traps range.

Wizard- Most wizards will try to stun you straight off and DPS. Most of them dont do much DMG and kill themselves trying to kill me. Stay as close as possible and shield bash right when it starts then just stay next to them using all your guardian skills repeated except Windfury. Meteor is their strongest skill try to dodge it by moving around them not using windfury because it will get you out of range and be in their advantage.

Grenadier-
Dont see much grenadiers so I couldnt tell you much about them. Try to follow Wiz steps stay in range,stun,dps. If they get to far Windfury.

Bard- 85% of the time they wont kill you and you wont kill them.

Gunslinger- If you are fighting a gunslinger or anything gunslinger sub stick right to them, spam shield bash then instant windfury. Use your two bard ranged skills and terrifying roar. If they ever try to get close use windfury again, they will not kill you without traps, avoid them and you should be fine. If you get trapped spam healing harmony, healing notes and make sure ballad is up, if you lived the duration of ice trap use windfury to get away from dark trap, heal up and use your close ranged skills because you will have an immunity to immobilizes for about 30seconds, if they cast dark trap without ice trap just windfury or walk away from it use ranged spells until it is gone and get in for the kill!.

Guardian-
75% of the time IF they are bard subbed they wont kill you and you wont kill them. If they are subbed into anything else 90% of the time you should win. Spam your guardian skills/stuns and keep ballad on, if you lose more than 25% hp just heal it off.

Sorcerer-
Do not kite, just get close enough to DPS and stun them. If you run away DOTS will most likely kill you. Your reflect does not work on the DOTS so if you dont do the DMG nothing will.

Duelist- Most duelist's have EVA builds just try to use your heals and both stuns until one hits then use thunder cut and splitting air cut to hit them. If you have some ACC you should be able to DPS them fine.

Ravager-
Ravagers have about two DMG skills. Wait for them to use it, heal it off, Stun and DPS them. If the ravager cant burst you then just begin DPS right when it starts and heal off anything they try. Most wont be able to kill you unless sub class is efficient. The running combo is waiting till they use their lunge skill, Windfury away and cast Bard ranged spells, repeat.

Terrifying roar NEVER misses, spam it against anyone who has lots of EVA.

If you have any questions message me or comment on forums and ill reply ASAP.
Advertisement

xzpwnz24

Rank 2
xzpwnz24
PostedJan 23, 2014 1:54 pm
You should improve the damage of your sword and shield to hold aggro better
20k is a bit low

iKingTank

Rank 2
iKingTank
PostedJan 23, 2014 2:03 pm
ya i got the crit dmg envoys and my crit is hopeless ima reset and put DMG instead.

Mushixu

Rank 0
Mushixu
PostedJan 23, 2014 4:09 pm
Once I hit 50 I'll concur with you on my set-up. Smile

iKingTank

Rank 2
iKingTank
PostedJan 23, 2014 4:46 pm
Mushixu wrote:
Once I hit 50 I'll concur with you on my set-up. Smile  

Looking forward to it.

HonorLives

Rank 1
HonorLives
PostedJan 23, 2014 7:35 pm
Nice to see this up!

wade.w.watson

Rank 0
PostedJan 23, 2014 8:47 pm
Minding giving pic of your equipment ? like full screen shot with details ?

iKingTank

Rank 2
iKingTank
PostedJan 24, 2014 9:46 am
wade.w.watson wrote:
Minding giving pic of your equipment ? like full screen shot with details ?  

Ill update my guide and add all my gear. Make sure to check it out!

hi.ron.burgundy

Rank 0
PostedJan 24, 2014 10:25 am
Nice guide with solid advice, but just one thing i'd like to mention.

It's been theorycrafted that having below 200% crit dmg should make dmg a priorty over crit.

iKingTank

Rank 2
iKingTank
PostedJan 24, 2014 10:30 am
hi.ron.burgundy wrote:
Nice guide with solid advice, but just one thing i'd like to mention.

It's been theorycrafted that having below 200% crit dmg should make dmg a priorty over crit.  

Ty Very Happy and yup thats why i took out the crit dmg and going for the dmg besides that my crit was like 10%.

Also for the weps get def +5% main and for the harp try to find one with 5% hp instead of movement speed helps a lot