phonybrony

Rank 0
phonybrony
PostedJan 22, 2014 11:35 am

Guardian/Ravager or Guardian/Bard?

Hey guys, I'm decently new to the game. Played Duelist till 50 and wasnt really digging it so I decided to go Guardian. Now I've heard alot of Guardian/Ravagers and Ive seen alot of them too, but even in my 80 member guild there is not a single Guardian/bard. Is it just unnesscary? I thought it would have been a great Tank and a good PVP character, basically unkillable. Any other opinions?
Advertisement

Toepeka

Rank 2
Toepeka
PostedJan 22, 2014 11:43 am

Re: Guardian/Ravager or Guardian/Bard?

phonybrony wrote:
Hey guys, I'm decently new to the game. Played Duelist till 50 and wasnt really digging it so I decided to go Guardian. Now I've heard alot of Guardian/Ravagers and Ive seen alot of them too, but even in my 80 member guild there is not a single Guardian/bard. Is it just unnesscary? I thought it would have been a great Tank and a good PVP character, basically unkillable. Any other opinions?  

Here I will simplify it

Guard/bard ultimate meat sheild however bard skills kinda useless in a party since the main bard will override your heal skills, however you have your single target and party heal which is nice.

Guard/ravager is basically the go to for guardians who want to have abit of damage output along with good tanking abilities since you have extra aoe with the ravager it may be easier to hold aggro.

fredigund

Rank 0
fredigund
PostedJan 22, 2014 12:56 pm
guard bard...you wont regret it

IRFodder

Rank 0
PostedJan 22, 2014 1:10 pm
Guardian / Ravager - CC god - Team oriented.

A.O.E. Taunt, A.O.E. Stun, A.O.E. armor shred with the Break Defense Mastery and Round and Round skill.

Guardian / Bard - Self sufficient solo runner.

Not sure, I believe allot of your utility skills become obsolete with a bard in the team.

I.M.O. But I may be bias as a Guardian / Ravager.

shiinacutie

Rank 0
PostedJan 22, 2014 1:15 pm
Guard/bard will have a hard time keeping aggros while guard/rav will have constant aggros..

noobienewb

Rank 0
noobienewb
PostedJan 22, 2014 2:53 pm
Guardian/Bard, Instant party invites, mainly because you can tank and heal; easy luring. Might not be able to hold aggro as easily on bosses, but there's always going to be the idiot that taunts and tries to take it away anyway, they end up dying and, boo-hoo. They don't get drops and complain, "you didn't heal me."

N3meister

Rank 0
N3meister
PostedJan 26, 2014 10:40 am
Sorry, im kinda new to this too... im also having the difficulty of picking either Ravager or Bard as subclass....

I think there are totally 2 extra stun skills if i picked Ravager, especially good for PVP a Bard...

But Bard as subclass can simply being a meat shield and hard to being kills in PVP...

but im not actually a PVP player... there are simply got few of my friends loves challenging me ~.~

IF i really wanted to be a good PVP player, am i suppose to pick Bard over Ravager??

Tsuki_Dono

Rank 1
Tsuki_Dono
PostedJan 26, 2014 11:05 am
Guarbards are stand-alone types. Which means, if your bards get incapitated. You can be the back-up but it's quite difficult balancing between heals and maintaining aggro. So far, this kind of situation only happened to me once.

As for Guardagers, you gain access to combo skills that has long CD, and also to aoes, more dps but if you don't have the right build to back up you being unable to reduce dmg taken. You might reconsider going Ravager as secondary. But I'm sure with a competent bard, Garudagers can do fine.

shiinacutie wrote:
"Guard/bard will have a hard time keeping aggros while guard/rav will have constant aggros.."  

As a Guarbard, I don't have trouble with maintaining aggro, since I use Merrilee and spam her combo if ever aggro changes. But it only seems to happen when someone decides to want to reset malice using Gigas and Sigrun which can be annoying to juggle aggroing. Also, if you have a good skill cycle, you can maintain aggro either way.

Mirror Shield>Roar (reset aggro)>shield bash>Slash>thunder cut...Something of that sequence.

iKingTank

Rank 2
iKingTank
PostedJan 26, 2014 11:10 am
Guard/bard.

HunterDave2k

Rank 0
HunterDave2k
PostedJan 26, 2014 11:49 am
Guard / Rav

easy pull in dungeons -> easy aoe aggro holding -> good dmg output -> good cc

bard = useless selfheal since the bard skills will overwrite ur own heals ...