rjayrjayrjay

Rank 0
PostedJan 22, 2014 4:46 am

FULL SUPPORT BARD, WHAT SUB-CLASS DO YOU PREFER?

HELP ME PLEASE?
I'm currently level 41, and still undecided on what sub-class I'm gonna choose. As to what I have read in the forum, BARD/SORC is the full support type here. But guys, I need your opinions to help me resolve my problem. Thanks in advance! God bless! =)
Advertisement

EtaAK

Rank 2
EtaAK
PostedJan 22, 2014 6:04 am
Bard/Sorc full support PvP.
Bard/Wiz full support PvE.

Yusakuu

Rank 1
Yusakuu
PostedJan 23, 2014 1:14 am
I've played both and I actually like Bard/Wiz more as a support.

Brangien

Rank 1
PostedJan 23, 2014 2:23 am
EtaAK wrote:
Bard/Sorc full support PvP.
Bard/Wiz full support PvE.  

As someone with both at 55, this guy is pretty spot on. Bard/Sorc is significantly better in PVP, Bard/Wiz is a bit better in PVE. Don't listen to the people who swear up and down that one is far superior to the other at anything, those are just people trying to justify their subclass choices.

It's worth note that Bard/Sorc is almost always the preferred choice even in a PVE party that does not otherwise have a main Sorc or higher level sub Sorc, but that's pretty rare and Bard/Wiz definitely outshines it in cases where they are present. I also prefer Bard/Sorc for dungeon soloing simply because it actually has single target damage.

It might sound like Bard/Sorc is clearly better, but it relies on what the rest of your party looks like in order to make full use of its skillset, whereas Bard/Wiz can join any party and perform as well as it always does. If you usually play with a group of friends and none of them are main Sorcs or expected to be higher level than you, then Sorc is a pretty safe pick for both PVP and PVE. If you're joining random parties then Bard/Wiz is a lot more versatile when it comes to the type of parties it can perform best in.

Pick which skillset you like more basically.

vanillaawre

Rank 0
vanillaawre
PostedJan 23, 2014 11:55 am
I will have to go with bard/sorc because you have 7 forms of healing.

Bard/Sorcerer - Nekoiyasu - Guild: Anime - Hydra

Yusakuu

Rank 1
Yusakuu
PostedJan 23, 2014 2:12 pm
vanillaawre wrote:
I will have to go with bard/sorc because you have 7 forms of healing.  

Is 7 heals necessary?

>> Healing is not the only way to "support."

acemaloof

Rank 2
acemaloof
PostedJan 23, 2014 3:37 pm
I beg to differ that Bard/wiz is PvE. Bard wiz is definitely a more PvP oriented class due to it's ability to do some minor damage as well as heal. Whereas playing with Sorc gives another group regen buff and allows for the skill Song of Winds. If you want pure support then go as Bard/Sorc and read my guide or another one on the stickies

EtaAK

Rank 2
EtaAK
PostedJan 23, 2014 4:20 pm
acemaloof wrote:
I beg to differ that Bard/wiz is PvE. Bard wiz is definitely a more PvP oriented class due to it's ability to do some minor damage as well as heal. Whereas playing with Sorc gives another group regen buff and allows for the skill Song of Winds. If you want pure support then go as Bard/Sorc and read my guide or another one on the stickies  

I will take a guide from veteran player in AK like Muse any day than yours. Bard/Sorc will be reduced to just Bard/Nothing the moment a pure Sorc joined the party while Bard/Wiz has perfect synergy with other pure Sorc and Wiz(Chain stuns on huge mobs repeatedly while melting them with AoE). Not only that, Bard/Wiz has access to Sonic Shield which is vastly superior than Bard/Sorc's toned down HoT/Cleanse. Endgame, a Bard/Wiz with Aelius eidolon(AoE Cleanse Eidolon) will outperform any Bard/Sorc in PvE.

It's not that Bard/Sorc is horrible, it's that the current meta(Lure and AoE to death) does not favor them.

AlchemistSugumi

Rank 0
AlchemistSugumi
PostedJan 23, 2014 6:11 pm
For PVE, Bard/Wiz is better than Bard/Sorc. PVE in AK at the moment is all about luring large mobs and AOE. For that, Bard/Wiz is far superior due to SS's significant damage reduction on regular mobs and the fact that you're a Wizard sub so you have access to AOE options. RejuMantra is decent but for PVE, the heal can't hold a candle to SS for large mobs. Debuffing is not that significant in the large majority of cases and you can always get Aelius to do the job (AOE debuff removal) or better yet, a Sorc sub or Sorc main to bring RejuMantra. So really there's so reason to pick Bard/Sorc for PVE other than complete personal preference over the class. The self-heals on Bard/Sorc are nice but you should never have trouble surviving as a Bard in the first place so it's rather redundant.

For PVP, Bard/Sorc is superior due to superior single target and DoT that bypasses defenses as well as additional self-heals and an Evasion buff.

That said, you can still do fine if you put a Bard/Wiz in PVP and a Bard/Sorc in PVE but neither is the "optimal" choice for the current game.

* ~ Neko Alchemist ~ *
~ Sugumi (Bard/Wiz) | Totori (Wiz/GS) | Rorona (Duel/Bard) ~

rgdoabc

Rank 0
PostedJan 23, 2014 6:25 pm
AlchemistSugumi wrote:
For PVE, Bard/Wiz is better than Bard/Sorc. PVE in AK at the moment is all about luring large mobs and AOE. For that, Bard/Wiz is far superior due to SS's significant damage reduction on regular mobs and the fact that you're a Wizard sub so you have access to AOE options. RejuMantra is decent but for PVE, the heal can't hold a candle to SS for large mobs. Debuffing is not that significant in the large majority of cases and you can always get Aelius to do the job (AOE debuff removal) or better yet, a Sorc sub or Sorc main to bring RejuMantra. So really there's so reason to pick Bard/Sorc for PVE other than complete personal preference over the class. The self-heals on Bard/Sorc are nice but you should never have trouble surviving as a Bard in the first place so it's rather redundant.

For PVP, Bard/Sorc is superior due to superior single target and DoT that bypasses defenses as well as additional self-heals and an Evasion buff.

That said, you can still do fine if you put a Bard/Wiz in PVP and a Bard/Sorc in PVE but neither is the "optimal" choice for the current game.  

/\