braveylb

Rank 1
PostedJan 20, 2014 4:33 am   Last edited by braveylb on Apr 09, 2014 5:40 pm. Edited 59 times in total

[Guide]Ravager/Duelist - Vanquisher

Crit-dmg + DoTs = Godlike DPS
The Vanquisher Ė Ravager/Duelist
PvE Build

Why Vanquisher?

Because it will defeat everything in itís way, EVERYTHING!

Table of Contents in order
Stats build
Envoy path
Pros & Cons
Masteries
Fame Quests
Weapon/Gear
Crafting
Trophy
Costume Enchantments
Eidolon
Crit-DMG Calculation
Gold Spending
Combos
Screenshots

Stats build:

Crit/Def/HP path. Pre-60. From my experience Iíve tried both Crit/HP and Crit/Def build, Def definitely works better. Even though I had pure HP build with 34k HP, my hp went down faster compared to my pure def build with bout 26k HP. Post 60, I would recommend putting in some HP since the bosses hits pretty hard.

Why def?
Because as a Ravager youíre an AoE class, youíll be hitting many mobs and hence mobs will be on you(even with the tank, thereíll be at least some mobs on you), without def, even with high hp your HP would go down pretty fast. Also it would be better if you like soloing, since thereís no tanks.

Why HP?
Post 60 dungeons the elites and bosses hits pretty hard, especially Otherworlds, without putting points in HP you would prolly see yourself dying/1hitted most of the time. Strongly recommended to put at least 20-30points in HP.

Why Crit?
Because with high crit-dmg + high crit, you would outDPS ANY class, and I mean any. With Round & Round(low cd) + high crit/crit-dmg, your DPS will skyrocket. Crit-dmg also helps to increase our big hitting movesí dmg tremendously. Especially moves like Flame Slash, Raging Slash, Soaring Slash.

Why not damage?
With more than 200% crit-dmg + 50% crit, youíll outdmg any Ravager builds with pure dmg. Also, the dmg gained per point is too insignificant, you would benefit much more damage from gears. I would only put points in DMG after I have around 12k+ crit. Unless you have Lethal Beast set which would take your crit to around 55% @ only 9k crit points, at lv67+.

For more information read this: Dmg VS Crit-Dmg guide

Envoy path:

Pros
- High DPS/Damage
- Fast soloing dungeons
- High Def

Cons
- Needs lots of enchants on gears to make up for the low HP
- Might take aggro from tank quite frequently
- Low HP
- Low dmg on non-crits
- High CD for duelist skills due to non-spd build

Masteries

General
Jawbreaker/Cracking Slash - For the DoT
Boulder Crush - If you like a little survival

Attack
Upgraded Theory of Callousness, unupgraded one ain't worth it
Zeal - Higher DPS than all of the Attack Masteries.

Zeal VS Callousness - Check these 2 pics. Link1 Link2

Advanced
Whirlwind slash - Decreases defense on target for more damage/DPS
Extinguisher - Higher damage for Flame slash

Defense
Iron wall - Obvious reason
Vigor - If you think your hp's too low, this might be good, although I'd go for Iron wall.
Courage - More HP and less damage taken from mobs

Tactical
Break defense - Again, for more DPS
Organized Sabotage - Good for damage dealt to you, since mobs would be on you when you're mobbing.

Special
The best defense - You'll need this for mobbing especially

Recommended Masteries to buy:
Zeal, Iron wall, Callousness, Break Defense, Organized Sabotage, Unyieldingness

Daily Fame Quests
Do your daily fame quests, they give you choices of 3 random Masteries boxes. Attack, Defense, Tactical. Choose the Skill spec that you need. Even though they have a low chance to get a skill from it, they're worth to do. Because it saves you gold from buying the expensive skills, although they're untradeable, if you're thinking of selling.

Weapon/Gears
Get weapon and gears with 140% damage bonus and 140% def bonus, or as close to 140% as possible.

Get gears with Crit+dmg, as Ravagers we need as much crit as we can get, refer to point 1 as to why. If you have the gold I would suggest getting orange gear, as they have nice def and is more worth to upgrade. I upgraded my green gears and regretted it a lot.

50 Gears:

60+ Gears:

For Lv60+ weapons, if you like having a more defensive build I would recommend Extinction, else Sacred Scar is prolly the best DPS axe. As for Dual blades, I suggest Demonic blades since your Crit-dmg would be capped already on boss, with Eidolon buffs and cards.

Lv60+ gears, Revelation till lv65, and change bottom set to either Lethal Beast or Lion's Roar. I suggested both because it's pure preference. Lethal Beast gives a BEAST set bonus, an amazing 15% chance to deal DOUBLE damage, making it the highest DPS set for lv65s. As for Lion's Roar, if you prefer having a slightly more tanky DPS, Lion's Roar is a good choice since it balances DPS and survival, by giving deent amount of HP & beastly crit-dmg boost.

Secret Stones
Only get Secret stones with Crit-dmg, the 15% adds to your skillís crit-dmg, and the 1%/4%/6% crit-dmg adds DIRECTLY to your crit-dmg modifier, 1% crit, 2% DMG are also added directly to your stats.

Golden Ė 15% Skillís crit-dmg
Destroying Ė 6% direct crit-dmg

Single stat:

Dual stats

More information here: Secret Stones Guide

Crafting - Cores to use
These cores are for crafting your orange weapon/armors. Remember to buy the right ones.

A few recommendations:

Trophy
Recommended trophies:

Costume Enchantments(Optional)
This is one enchantment that is definitely worth it, for a whopping +12% crit-dmg. Although itís only good for bosses.

This is what I would get if I had spare gold, though not much stat boost.

Note: Once you have 300% crit-dmg, there is no reason to stack boss crit-dmg anymore, because you can NEVER go over 300%.

Without Snowflower:

With Snowflower +75% crit-dmg

Eidolon

Uzuriel(Gabriel), or Bel-Chandra(Shiva). Each of them adds +20% crit-dmg and some crit rate. After you have 280%-290% base crit-dmg, I would recommend getting Kotonoha for the life steal, optional though, since it has a pretty long cooldown. Or get +DMG eidolons like Yarnaros/Zaahir.

Uzuriel at Lv60

Kotonoha at Lv60

Also, the buff value is exactly same as Bel-Chandra, unless different level.

Refer to this guide for more information: Eidolon Guide

Gold spending
In order of priority(with 1st being most important),
1. Armor pieces
2. Weapon Main class
3. Weapon 2nd class
4. Secret stones(Single-stat)
5. Trophies
6. Costume(For costume enchantment)
7. Costume Enchantment
8. Masteries
9. Secret stones(Dual-stats)

P.S: If youíre aiming for Orange gears, Iíd suggest go for weapon first, because itís much cheaper than 5 pieces of orange gears/recipes.

Combo/Hotkey-spam
For mobbing in parties, always remember to use Aftershock. Main skills used in big group of mobs would be Soaring slash, Flame Slash, and mostly Round & Round, Aftershock, Snowflower. Snowflower should be used before Round & Round to maximize your dmg output, Aftershock for survival for yourself and your party, the stun duration is short, but it helps.

At bosses, I would throw in all the DoTs Ė Flame slash, Raging slash, Slash cut, then Snowflower(after CD), Round & Round, repeat. Snowflower has a very deadly buff, +75% crit-dmg for next skill. For me, when boss is down below 25% HP(Envoy Passive for more dmg), I activate Purple Lightning -> Snowflower -> Sigrunís Ultimate. This gives me 17k-20k damage per hit upon crits(solo), party would be around 12-20k. Also you would not have to worry bout your HP at that point, because after the Ultimate your HP would be full.

Now, if you already have 300% crit-dmg on boss, skill rotation would be Cross slash -> Jawbreaker -> Flame slash -> Round & round. Your DPS would mostly come from your DoT, this might sound stupid, since duelists are the DoT-damagers. You're wrong, the 3 DoT's, + 2 of them being your huge damage skill, it boosts your DPS by tons.

Here are some of the screenshots I made

Solo

H3ll mode

------------------------------------------------------------- End------------------------------------------------------------------------

My IGN: Minari Server: Siren

P.S Iíve only started playing this for a week, feel free to criticize if needed, since Iím new and will need some guidance.

Credits to:
Honey_266 Ė Crit/Dmg guide
Imakebirdiescry Ė Secret Stones guide
Koagemos - Eidolon Guide
Advertisement

braveylb

Rank 1
PostedJan 20, 2014 12:06 pm
Looking forward to players' response on this guide! Smile

TheDarx

Rank 0
TheDarx
PostedJan 21, 2014 2:02 pm
I recommend getting Bel-Chandra as Eidolon, it boosts you and your party's Crit with around 500 and CritDMG with 20%. It boosts for 10seconds with a cooldown of less than 10seconds.

The things you stated in your guide sound normal, but pure defense has it's own weakness. It doesn't help with Damage-Over-Time that you receive, I think. In pvp this might work to your disadvantage, which is why I went with a little HP. Will have to try to balance this myself later on, after getting higher upgraded defensive equipment.

You also missed out on a very important skill if you're pure or high defensive build, which is: Armor of Thorns (5% of DEF added to CRIT, Damage taken from Bosses -10%)

As for myself, I focused mostly on ACC-stones with CritDMG onto my equipment. I barely miss on high EVA-targets, for example in PVP. The passive Armor of Thorns adds enough Crit-rate.

My main Questions I have for now are:
-What Combo-skill is usefull for Ravager/Duelist?
-Does Defense help against Damage-Over-Time skills? (I'm not 100% sure)

rexzshadow

Rank 2
PostedJan 21, 2014 2:15 pm
Does slow flower let you break 300% crit dmg cap or it just hit it?

braveylb

Rank 1
PostedJan 21, 2014 7:33 pm
TheDarx wrote:
I recommend getting Bel-Chandra as Eidolon, it boosts you and your party's Crit with around 500 and CritDMG with 20%. It boosts for 10seconds with a cooldown of less than 10seconds.

The things you stated in your guide sound normal, but pure defense has it's own weakness. It doesn't help with Damage-Over-Time that you receive, I think. In pvp this might work to your disadvantage, which is why I went with a little HP. Will have to try to balance this myself later on, after getting higher upgraded defensive equipment.

You also missed out on a very important skill if you're pure or high defensive build, which is: Armor of Thorns (5% of DEF added to CRIT, Damage taken from Bosses -10%)

As for myself, I focused mostly on ACC-stones with CritDMG onto my equipment. I barely miss on high EVA-targets, for example in PVP. The passive Armor of Thorns adds enough Crit-rate.

My main Questions I have for now are:
-What Combo-skill is useful for Ravager/Duelist?
-Does Defense help against Damage-Over-Time skills? (I'm not 100% sure)  

This guide is just made for new players hoping they'd take the right path. Also other things like, which stuffs to buy first and what kind of gear to get. I've seen too many ravagers with pure-dmg build instead of crit, that wouldn't maximise their dmg/dps.

Armor of thorns has nice -10% armor reduction, that I would admit, but so far I have no problem up to WT Hard mode, just haven't tried Infernal yet. But if going for AoT's crit rate, it's not worth it. I have 8.3k def, 5% of it is around 400 crit. I have tested it before making this guide. Removed a 400 crit item, crit went from 59.11 to 56.88, a mere 2.63% for 4 envoy points. To get a decent amount, say 5% crit rate, you'd need nearly 16k def. I personally think it's not worth the envoy points. I might get it for AoT later on, but not now.

Mine's a PvE build, for PvP just need a lil change on the secret stones, for ACC+CritDMG ones. As for other aspects like Envoys etc, won't go into them since I don't pvp. Also for ACC, I don't think I've ever missed on anything at all up till this lvl, maybe miss once in a week? Lol. Acc was never a problem in PvE, on most games, including this imo.

I stated my combo skill for dungeons.

rexzshadow wrote:

I will test it now XD

Edit: Maybe later.... maintenance :/

MGZnigel

Rank 0
PostedJan 21, 2014 8:43 pm
rexzshadow wrote:

Was also wondering that. Although im not Ravager/Duelist im sitting on 262% crit dmg and 292 crit dmg vs bosses so if it doesn't go beyond cap doesn't it seem kinda wasteful?

braveylb wrote:
P.S: If youíre aiming for Orange gears, Iíd suggest go for weapon first, because itís much cheaper than 5 pieces of orange gears/recipes.  

About that you could always check AH if you can find some cheap cores then you don't need to get recipe for the core it should save some gold.
Don't forget about the hidden bonus when you have sets, don't know if its same for all but armor+cap gives bonus dmg to bosses and waist+gloves+boots gives crit dmg to bosses, tested with 40's Ambusher and 50's Aria crafted sets.
Even if you can't aford all 5 pieces you could always try for either armor/cap or waist/gloves/boots first for the bonus, some recipe or cores are pretty cheap.

A question what is the highest critical damage we can get on this current cap with only gear? I know with Bel-Chandra and Wizard buff you could cap.

Another thing you could try and add more items, like necklace, ring or back.
Maybe add some options to the gear like you could use the crafted "Fia's Fairy Dust" instead of "Shard of Toto's Water Blade" if it's to expensive or something like that.

Overall probably the best Ravager guide her at the moment. ^^ /sticky

braveylb

Rank 1
PostedJan 21, 2014 9:19 pm
MGZnigel wrote:
rexzshadow wrote:

Was also wondering that. Although im not Ravager/Duelist im sitting on 262% crit dmg and 292 crit dmg vs bosses so if it doesn't go beyond cap doesn't it seem kinda wasteful?

braveylb wrote:

About that you could always check AH if you can find some cheap cores then you don't need to get recipe for the core it should save some gold.
Don't forget about the hidden bonus when you have sets, don't know if its same for all but armor+cap gives bonus dmg to bosses and waist+gloves+boots gives crit dmg to bosses, tested with 40's Ambusher and 50's Aria crafted sets.
Even if you can't aford all 5 pieces you could always try for either armor/cap or waist/gloves/boots first for the bonus, some recipe or cores are pretty cheap.

A question what is the highest critical damage we can get on this current cap with only gear? I know with Bel-Chandra and Wizard buff you could cap.

Another thing you could try and add more items, like necklace, ring or back.
Maybe add some options to the gear like you could use the crafted "Fia's Fairy Dust" instead of "Shard of Toto's Water Blade" if it's to expensive or something like that.

Overall probably the best Ravager guide her at the moment. ^^ /sticky  

No idea on the high crit dmg possible, but gear-wise (6%*7)Stones + (15%+10%)Trophy + (8%+5%+?)Ventos accessory set = around 90% crit-dmg. For raw crit-dmg that is, not counting costume enchants, or "Only on bosses" effects.

Yeah I thought bout ring/neck/back, but I was thinking bout the future cap there'd be better items or new sets with better bonuses so I didn't add them. I'm currently using Comet set though for the crit rate boost, the Ventos set has huge crit-dmg boost but ain't worth it imo, over the fact that it adds more eva and will lose a lot of crit.

Thanks for the advice, I'm pretty new so have more stuffs to learn, and will update the guide as I learn more Very Happy

P.S Nice crit-dmg xD At least I know how far I am, from the "end-game" crit-dmg Laughing

wang012

Rank 0
PostedJan 21, 2014 10:25 pm
now that im lvl 50, what armor set should i use?? currently im following your stats/evnoy path

NerdKingDork

Rank 0
PostedJan 21, 2014 10:27 pm
rexzshadow wrote:

yup but only on the next crit

braveylb

Rank 1
PostedJan 21, 2014 10:40 pm
wang012 wrote:
now that im lvl 50, what armor set should i use?? currently im following your stats/evnoy path  

Aria set(orange), or use the lv50 green set till you can afford Aria set. I've posted the must-have stats on your gears, the screenshot that is.

This is for the green set, the Aria set has higher stats, for def at least.