Author Message

ayadreamy

Rank 2
ayadreamy
Joined
02 Jun 2011
Posts
692
Location
Philippines
PostedJan 19, 2014 1:25 pm   Last edited by ayadreamy on May 19, 2014 7:27 am. Edited 2 times in total

[Guide] The Windwalker Sorcerer

A Guide to a successful evasive Sorcerer x Bard


Lv60+ Update Link: http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?p=18021455#row2

I. Introduction:
Long story short. This Guide will be about a successful 95% evasion build on a Sorcerer x Bard, my character is a Sorceress but whatever. Definitely, I don't want to make a guide anymore because of retards and forum elitists though this guide would definitely give a good reputation to our guild and live up to what we said that "we are a bunch of guidemakers packed in a hardcore guild". Yes, I'm advertising our guild. Moving on.

II. Why an evasive Sorceress x Bard? Yes, I used Sorceress because I want to.

1. Grimoire gives 5% Eva while your Envoy as a Sorc/Bard has an option to get Song of Winds which gives a good amount of Eva thus, to utilize these, we need to go for the path of Eva.

2. Damage was never a good stat for Sorcs because it doesn't affect DoT where our main damage comes from because based on my guildmate, Sefi's thread, here's the following skill amplifiers of a Sorceress,

Devour Soul 135%
Demon Seal 95%
Binding Arrow 120%
Blood Seal 100%
Flame Impact 135%

then we take Gunslinger's skill amplifiers for comparison,

Aimed Shot 135%
Bombardment 155%
Sonic Bomb 145%
Ultraviolet 170%

As you can see here, it is clear that Sorcerer's skill amplifiers are low and the best ones which is Devour Soul and Flame Impact has quite a bit longer casting time than the others, which is bad. Seeing more of the picture, basically, if you took Dmg+Crit set on your Sorc, you only benefit as much from Crit, while you get low returns from the pumped Dmg stat which is why we are going for the Spd Eva set and more information regarding it will be explained later on.

3. On PVP, ANY DPS class is squishy and Sorc is part of those DPS classes but being squishy is a big big problem for Sorc because how can you provide good crowd control (Nightmare Totem) if just getting near to enemies would spell death? The answer is obviously become tanky enough to close-in and make enemies sleep towards their death. This is also a good for countering Bards hiding behind since they won't be able to provide heals for 6s unless they were attacked and woke up.

4. On PVE, your role will always be to lure all the mobs inside "most" dungeons and spamming CC when your party starts to kill the lured mobs. It is convenient for a Sorc to lure because we have Rejuvenation Mantra which dispels a random debuff (like Slows) when casted and sleep totem to reduce the pressure from the chasing mobs. Once the mobs are clumped together, Sorcs can hit most of the mobs with their DoT since most of our skills have about 2-3m aoe from the original target, very convenient.

Okay, that's enough with the boring introduction and let's start building her up, yes "HER", cause I'm using a Sorceress.

III. Envoy Path



Red Lines is your priority then the Blue Lines can be taken once you have spare points. And NO, we are not taking the Lv2 Eva passives because NO, they suck, only worth getting is Lv3 Eva passives but sadly we don't have any of that on our Envoy Path.

Dreamy, why did you heff to travel all around the world just to get Song of Winds? Because it's dumb to get the Lv1 Passives which provides INSIGNIFICANT stats. That's basically it.

IV. Gears (Lv50)

We will be focusing on Spd+Eva Armors because as I've said earlier, getting Dmg+Crit would only give effective DPS increase from the Crit while giving low returns from the boosted Dmg. Meanwhile, Spd+Eva is very good for spamming skills due to fast cancellation of skill animations and lower cooldown as well as it decreases the interval of ticks on our DoT skills PLUS it gives Eva which you benefit from ALOT, again, ALOT unlike Dmg. Also, Spd+Eva usually gives much more base defense and HP, that's a good bonus.

Armors
Would be Full Set of Requiem, might as well buy those unwanted Martial Lunar Cores from the TH because people don't want to build Crit+Eva because MAJORITY thinks it is not possible to build Crit+Eva due to the armor sets suggesting stats otherwise which is why it's cheap.

Accessories + Cloak
Nazrudin, definitely Nazrudin. It gives Crit+Spd+Eva. Another convenient thing to buy because people thinks this set is useless as it doesn't give any HP at all. The missing HP will be covered by Sorc's 12% HP passive from the main envoy and the bonus from Requiem Set so don't worry, you won't have very low HP at all if you follow this build.

Trophies
Argus is love. It's either you go for a Green Argus + Orange Argus or Orange Argus + Yellow Argus. Argus Trophies gives Crit+Spd+Eva but the Yellow one gives Crit+HP+Eva which is a nice boost for HP while still giving Crit+Eva.

Weapons
Self Explanatory. Go for both yellow Book and Harp. Prioritize getting 135%+ on your Book while get a 100~120% Harp. A bonus tip: Getting a Lv50 Harp would definitely help you perform really well as a main Healer on a party, YES, you heard me right, a main Healer even though you're a sub Bard. I am doing Hard runs with just me as the main Healer but you need a decent tank for this.

Sigils
Definitely get 2% Eva on each although I'm using one 6% Crit Dmg sigil on my Harp because of my freaking OCD, I want to hit my Crit Dmg to reach 155% so it looks nice. Note that you MUST get Ambient Drone +5m range for Head, Holy Notes -10% CD for Waist and Healing Tones -10% CD for Boots to act as a decent sub-healer.

Masteries


Most are self-explanatory. Note that I emphasized on how I got the Fiery Song upgrade, you can buy it on TH for as low as 10g because again, people think it's useless, very convenient for me <3

Stats
For Defense, it is a MUST to put all to Eva unless you already reached 95% in a different way, then invest on HP so you can survive better from bursts.

For Attack, it depends on how you want to play your Sorcerer.
1. Off-Healer Build
Basically, to be an effective Off-Healer, you need to reach about 40% Spd so you can reach 50% with the help of a Gunslinger's party buff. All other stats should go to Crit until it reaches about 30%, after that, all stats left will go to Dmg.

Why is Spd important as an Off-Healer? It's because of the casting time and cooldown of skills. High amount of Spd is always good for spamming utility skills.

2. Maxed potential DPS on this Eva Build
Of course picking Eva definitely compromises some of your DPS output but you can still maintain an above decent DPS with the help of min-maxing your Gears and Stats. First, at least replace one of your 2% Eva Sigil to a 6% Crit Dmg Sigil then use Callousness on your Ultimate Passives for a total of 10% Crit Dmg. Since you already have a base of around 25% Spd, might as well put some stats to make it reach 30% for .8s ticks. Next is pump Crit to 30% then all other leftover pts should go to Dmg.

Now here is the biggest question. Why Dmg?
Lv40 Crit actually gives 10% more Crit Chance and considering you have 300% Crit Dmg, 10% Crit rate is actually a 20% overall DPS increase. Lv30 Dmg gives you 10.5% more base damage and 10.5% more DoT. Yes, I've tested this, meaning example, if you have a 1000 DoT skill and you have Lv30 Dmg, your 1000 DoT will become 1000*1.105 = 1105 DoT.

But Dreamy, doesn't that mean that Crit is still better because Lv40 Crit already gives 20% overall DPS increase if you have 300% Crit Dmg? Yes, Crit is better than Dmg but as an Eva type, you will only have an average of 200% Crit Dmg (Base+Envoy) meaning you will only get 10% DPS increase from Lv40 Crit in solo terms. Of course it will change when there's Wiz Buff and Bel x Uzu Buff around where you can almost reach 300% Crit Dmg but actually, even if you manage to hit nearly 300% Crit Dmg, it's still bad to invest much more on Crit due to it's fast diminishing returns.

This is where Dmg comes in, Dmg stat boosts all of your damage output even DoT by flat .35% per level. At Lv30, it gives a flat 10.5% overall damage boost. Now this stacks multiplicatively with Critical and Speed meaning you will definitely get much more potential DPS increase with some Dmg and a decent amount of Crit and Spd.

I actually tried to avoid too much math cause it will get too confusing but basically, stacking too much Crit is bad because it diminishes too fast, it's like how 1+1 gets 100% boost but 2+1 only gets 50% boost. While pumping Dmg will be a really good flat DPS increase as it also stacks multiplicatively with Crit and Spd which definitely gives better results and finally, giving you much more potential DPS. I hope that's clear for everyone!

V. Extras

1. My last best performance on Moonlight, my original character where I started the 95% Eva build, sadly, she went missing after the server crash on Siren and is still in the process of recovery/restoration, or maybe gone forever,


Only problem you'll have on PVP is being against ranged DPS with Accuracy setup, which is rare to encounter honestly,

First problem is Cannon, Cannon naturally have 10% Accuracy and they can get another 10% from another Envoy which results to 20% Acc for free. Next is Wizards, they naturally have 10% Accuracy and they hit TONS much harder than Cannons when they actually land a skill on you. People think that if you built Eva, it's easy to counter with Acc but truth is, building Acc effectively lowers DPS also meaning it would indirectly give more survivability to Eva builds and if they did manage to hit around 45% Acc, you are still technically, 50% tankier than w/o Eva and due to your gears which is Spd+Eva, you naturally have high defense and HP compared to Dmg+Crit sets. There are alot of people who pump HP on their DPS classes but don't be intimidated by them, HP or Def build on a DPS class would still result to a VERY squishy class. Just look at the 50k HP Cannon class lol, 50k HP for what, my guildmate can still 2-3 shot them while I can possibly kill that guildmate of mine w/o even recieving a single hit.

2. Damage Output
My damage output is still high. I can kill of a 40k+ HP DPS Class in just 1 set of DoTs. Of course it is different if the enemy got healer, but that's where your tankiness comes in, you charge in through the enemy and make the bard sleep so you can kill any DPS class with ease.

How can you kill a Bard by yourself on 1v1? Stack all your DoT, keeps stacking it since the Bard won't be able to kill you too anyways lol, after you see that you managed to stack Big Game Hunter 15 times and Cursed Seal 10 times, you put the Bard to sleep then press ESC to stop auto-attacking and let the DoT sink in for 5 more seconds while the Bard is unable to heal, afterwards use your Ambient Drone to extend the Bard's inability to heal due to stun then start spamming your DoT's again until the Bard is dead. If the Bard is still alive then your match will end as a tie or the one with higher % HP left wins.

In terms of PVE, you can just lure all mobs as always and just spam your skills when they are clumped together, your Nightmare Totem helps you stack the enemy in a straight line making it possible to hit them all with Flame Impact. I'm pretty sure my actual damage on a single target is still pretty decent but ofc, not as good as dedicated DPS machine builds but definitely NOT low.

Anyways, thanks for reading. This guide is prolly a "Break the META" build so make sure not to follow the strict META 99% of the players give, explore! -iDreamy
Advertisement

ayadreamy

Rank 2
ayadreamy
Joined
02 Jun 2011
Posts
692
Location
Philippines
PostedJan 19, 2014 1:25 pm   Last edited by ayadreamy on May 19, 2014 7:31 am. Edited 3 times in total

Lv60 Update

Re-rolling into a Sorc/Ravager
I. Introduction
So again. The aim of this Guide is to maintain the signature feature of this build which is capping Eva for both PVE and PVP purposes.

So why is Eva good? For PVE, mobs really hurts alot especially on end-game dungeons and Eva will increase your EHP (Effective HP) against mobs by a very huge % compared to just pumping both HP and Def. You don't freaking need 100k HP to do a good job on the current end-game, whoever said that is a scrub/newbie and has a naive mindset and cannot think outside the box. I have a Katar with just 60k+ HP, decently geared and I'm tanking on both Landing and Lament and these are really really hard dungeons that can only be accessed every 6 hours.

As a veteran player and well-experienced when it comes to the current end-game, I'd say 50k+ HP is good enough with around 40%+ damage reduction and complete +9 Armors.

What about PVP? I heard Eva types are getting 1-shotted at PVP on Lv60+ bracket? It's true that most Eva types are getting 1-shotted but it's not so different with HP/Def builds because if you actually fought PVP monsters (+20) whether you invested on Eva or not is irrelevant because you'll just get owned. So what is the solution to this problem? Invest. Basically you also need to invest alot on PVP gears, enchancement etc etc if you want to be good at PVP. With a decent setup even with PVE gears, you won't get 1-shotted by those PVP monsters I'm referring to. On my Katar with a similar setup but decently enchanced gears, I easily fight people with 400k+ Gearscore head on. I can even 1-shot them if I managed to land a successful crit of Lotus Strike behind. Again, for PVP, even Eva works, you just need to invest alot on it like other people to be on par with them.

Would we lose alot of potential DPS output if we follow this build? While this build actually compromises some damage output, it's actually not that much because I've already experienced it on my Katar. Trust me on this.

Why did you pick Ravager sub this time? Inspired from another guide. It's because Cursed Seal, Big Game Hunter, Aleatoric Curse and Divine Whisper procs alot when you use Round and Round which is a Ravager skill. Round and Round is a multi-hit skill, one cast can hit up to 10 times and each hit has a chance to proc any of your "on-attack' procs.

II. Gears

Main-Weapon:
Codex of Polar Ice

But Dreamy, there's also the Book of Seven Butterflies which has a similar proc and Secret Book of the Giant Dragon also has that huge Spd boost on it's proc. What can you say about those? I have to admit that both those Lv65 Grimoires are good BUT it's really hard to get Dark Element for them while you also lose 10% DMG against boss and a Core of your choice. Although, the high base damage means it can do alot of damage against general mobs and elites BUT that's also considering that you are Crit DMG capped w/o the help of a Deadly Core. The high base damage also helps boost your defense further when using The Best Defense mastery.

Conclusion: Both are good but the Lv65 Grimoires are luxury items.

Sub-Weapon:
Sacred Scar Battle Axe

Why not Axe of Extinction? The Def given by this Axe is only around 1.5%+ on my current level and it offers lower HP while it's Crit 3% isn't flat. Meanwhile, Sacred Scar offers more HP, 5% Crit DMG and 7%+ Eva on my current level. What about the proc? While Axe of Extinction offers a very huge damage boost, Sacred Scar also offers 10% DMG against boss so they're pretty much more or less the same.

Armors: Upper Set
Titans

The sigil choices would be Crit DMG 6% and Eva 2% not -2% DMG taken so we need the huge damage reduction by Titan upper. It also gives some Eva which helps alot on capping the Eva of this build.

Armors: Lower Set
Devourers

THE BEST LV60 BOTTOM SET. So not only it offers huge Eva and a 15% DMG against bosses multiplier. It also gives tons of Spd and 20% Crit DMG on it's proc! But Dreamy, it's proc is only when you evade, isn't that unreliable? It's actually a fail tooltip, it procs on your attacks instead.

Costume: Head Eva 1%
Costume: Face -2% Damage Taken
Costume: Clothing -2% Damage Taken
Costume: Ornament Eva 1%

Trophy A:
Murfeo's Immortal Oath

Trophy B:
or

Talen's Bloodthirsty Gem (1st Image) is a good choice for those who are just starting with the build yet. Malodnak's Dark Claw is for more experienced, higher level/enchancement players, it provices tons of Crit and has a very good damage boost proc.

III. Masteries



Everything should be self-explanatory here.

IV. Envoy Path



This path is for starters. If you actually have the $$$, you can just abandon the path going all the way down to Fleet Footed and instead take the Crit Rate and Crit DMG passives which is highlighted in red.

V. Current Stats





Those are unbuffed and you can clearly see the enchance of each gear on the "Equipped" Tab. It's simply to show what kind of stats you'll be having once you get the gears "non" enchanced. It has alot more room for improvement.

P.S. I kinda rushed this Lv60+ Update. I will give more detailed explanation on some section if I get the time. For now, you guys can just ask me questions regarding the build and it's performance.

WingsOfAzrael

EOS Founder
Joined
26 Nov 2013
Posts
840
Location
Redmond United States
PostedJan 19, 2014 1:39 pm
You forgot one key element. Eligos has a +20% accuracy buff.

ayadreamy

Rank 2
ayadreamy
Joined
02 Jun 2011
Posts
692
Location
Philippines
PostedJan 19, 2014 1:46 pm
WingsOfAzrael wrote:
You forgot one key element. Eligos has a +20% accuracy buff.  
I've experienced tons of 5v5. While Eligos have a good buff, it needs the team to be close together so Eligos can buff everyone. Eidolons also die fast, you can actually experience 99% matches where the players are the only ones left fighting with no Eidolons at all. A winning team though on Excelsior is a different case as they can just resummon their Eidolons and let the bard heal it with Ballad but IMO, I would still not consider Eligos as a threat as alot of players doesn't build Acc.

IGN: Moonlight

WingsOfAzrael

EOS Founder
Joined
26 Nov 2013
Posts
840
Location
Redmond United States
PostedJan 19, 2014 1:51 pm
ayadreamy wrote:
WingsOfAzrael wrote:
You forgot one key element. Eligos has a +20% accuracy buff.  
I've experienced tons of 5v5. While Eligos have a good buff, it needs the team to be close together so Eligos can buff everyone. Eidolons also die fast, you can actually experience 99% matches where the players are the only ones left fighting with no Eidolons at all. A winning team though on Excelsior is a different case as they can just resummon their Eidolons and let the bard heal it with Ballad but IMO, I would still not consider Eligos as a threat as alot of players doesn't build Acc.  


Ah okay that makes sense, but later on players will start building accuracy because fortifying weapons gives a little bit of accuracy + gear/passives. Also sigils can add accuracy.

ayadreamy

Rank 2
ayadreamy
Joined
02 Jun 2011
Posts
692
Location
Philippines
PostedJan 19, 2014 2:03 pm
WingsOfAzrael wrote:
ayadreamy wrote:
WingsOfAzrael wrote:
You forgot one key element. Eligos has a +20% accuracy buff.  
I've experienced tons of 5v5. While Eligos have a good buff, it needs the team to be close together so Eligos can buff everyone. Eidolons also die fast, you can actually experience 99% matches where the players are the only ones left fighting with no Eidolons at all. A winning team though on Excelsior is a different case as they can just resummon their Eidolons and let the bard heal it with Ballad but IMO, I would still not consider Eligos as a threat as alot of players doesn't build Acc.  


Ah okay that makes sense, but later on players will start building accuracy because fortifying weapons gives a little bit of accuracy + gear/passives. Also sigils can add accuracy.  
Even crafting weapon cores can give 15% Acc each, so crafting for both weapons would give 30% Acc but I won't definitely give up this build as it provides me good performance on PVE. On PVP, only a few people dedicates on Acc build so it's still a good thing to have. Win-Win situation Wink

IGN: Moonlight

xJollyBear

Rank 0
Joined
19 Jan 2014
Posts
1
Location
Canada
PostedJan 19, 2014 2:12 pm

Cool

Been waiting for this guide thanks :p

wolfykun106

Rank 0
wolfykun106
Joined
16 Jun 2013
Posts
16
Location
Canada
PostedJan 19, 2014 3:14 pm
oh yes thank you Very Happy

ayadreamy

Rank 2
ayadreamy
Joined
02 Jun 2011
Posts
692
Location
Philippines
PostedJan 19, 2014 6:58 pm
@Jolly and wolfy: no prob~

Anyways, I've tested out Excelsior and this, it's 5v5 btw, the window wasn't enough to show the top most player.


No Bard game again, I tried to minimize their deaths by healing them when I can, you can see that Lv50 Harp proc works wonder on healing and at the same time trying to spam DoT to weaken enemy or even killing some myself. Sadly, there's a Lv59 Wizard on the enemy team who kills 2-3 from our team easily but luckily we still managed to win, yatta!

IGN: Moonlight

shalya89

Rank 0
Joined
29 Jun 2011
Posts
6
Location
Singapore
PostedJan 19, 2014 7:49 pm
Just stopping by to say thanks for the advice given to me.

I'm a lvl 50 sorc/bard atm. having 86% eva 40% cri 32%spd and i have to say the build is quite awesome.

Pros:
Can easily solo bosses. E.g I pick the lvl 60 eidon summoning chest and have no issues clearing all the bosses.
I'm lvl 50 and going into PVP maps sucks when vsing higher lvls. Since how often u dodge is also dependent on how big of a level gap u have betw u and ur opponent.

Cons:
Very Very Very Very expensive to build. Sigils with 2% eva were so freaking rare i resorted to paying 500s each to get random stats.
Eva sucks at ranges like 50-70 i seriously considered to remove eva and pump back def/hp back when i was still ungeared.
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: