LoveTeamAeria

Rank 4
LoveTeamAeria
PostedJan 18, 2014 10:15 am

Is this game shutting down? Among-st other questions.

Is this game shutting down?

Does it look like its in its final stages?

If not, what is Team Aeria doing to ensure that a vast majority of the remaining players do not quit?

Do other players think this game is shutting down?

Is it worth starting to buy AP to spend on this game or should someone buy AP to spend on others? (Aura Kingdom, Shaiya Phx, Scarlet Blade)
Advertisement

...JayGee...

Rank 3
...JayGee...
PostedJan 18, 2014 11:14 am

Re: Is this game shutting down? Among-st other questions.

Q1: Is this game shutting down?
- Seems that way to me.

Q2: Does it look like its in its final stages?
- Seems that way to me.

Q3: If not, what is Team Aeria doing to ensure that a vast majority of the remaining players do not quit?
- To my mind all that they're doing is looking to reduce their own costs whilst they milk the last few spenders dry

Q4: Do other players think this game is shutting down?
- Looking at the number of people quitting the game it seems that way

Q5: Is it worth starting to buy AP to spend on this game or should someone buy AP to spend on others? (Aura Kingdom, Shaiya Phx, Scarlet Blade)
- If you think you got your money's worth out of Shaiya and you trust AGE's ability to run other games then sure, you go ahead and load up on AP. I won't be.

Spooky999

Rank 3
Spooky999
PostedJan 18, 2014 11:26 am

Re: Is this game shutting down? Among-st other questions.

LoveTeamAeria wrote:
Is this game shutting down?

Does it look like its in its final stages?

If not, what is Team Aeria doing to ensure that a vast majority of the remaining players do not quit?

Do other players think this game is shutting down?

Is it worth starting to buy AP to spend on this game or should someone buy AP to spend on others? (Aura Kingdom, Shaiya Phx, Scarlet Blade)  

This game will at some point shut down that's inevitable I think we will merge into european servers before that happens so it's not likely to happen anytime soon. A lot will depend on when Shaiya 2 is released but I would expect this gme to be here for the next couple of years

I definitely think the game is dying the Teos I remember ep6 had more active players then merged does now, Canta has been destroyed 15 is active so is 80 Goddess is pretty much a dead duck as it stands so only 2 out of 4 zones has anyone in it. Just take a walk round AH its deserted half the time

IF you enjoy the game it is worth buying AP, despite what any hippies try to tell you in this game you need to spend a little to be competitive and enjoy the PvP which is the reason you play a game like this

If you like questing farming etc a game like Tera would be a far better choice

As for the other Games Phoenix I believe is very quiet, Scarlet blade was brutally and universally panned as one of the worst MMORPG's of recent years I personally wouldn't play it let alone pay for it, I participated in the closed and open Beta and personally thought it was terrible. I can't talk for the other game as I know nothing about it.

Bottom line if you like playing Shaiya faults and all and want to spend a little to help you on your way do so, but understand you are not really buying anything but the entertainment value it's self.

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedJan 18, 2014 1:43 pm
1. No. Player retention is surprising resilient and this GM's team's efforts seem to boost that generally.

2. That depends on what they have in store. I do think that a complete conversion over to the futuristic style isn't going to please players.

3. Fixing it.

4. I don't.

5. Scarlet Blade is messed up worse than Shaiya by far. Shaiya PX is a skeleton crew/ghost town, and very difficult to even call what goes on there pvp. Aura Kingdom: sure, if you are into Anime Genre

GM_Skudy

Game Master: Shaiya
GM_Skudy
PostedJan 20, 2014 3:01 am
Hello,

Allow me to provide you with some replies.

Sorry, but no. Nexon is working on new content as well as fixing/balancing/updating existing content/classes. We wouldn't work on balancing classes/bringing back Goddess/spicing up GRB if the game was to close. There are also new top-secret projects we are working on with Nexon (such a recycling system) but we will announce more when we have details to share. Very Happy

It might be related to the fact that most players are doing Infinite Sanctuary runs and that almost no one bothers exploring maps/doing quests. But we are working with Nexon on a way to provide a better experience with IS that wouldn't be only about leveling. We are still discussing possible changes for IS to make it fair to everybody.

Q3: If not, what is Team Aeria doing to ensure that a vast majority of the remaining players do not quit?
As you might have seen (on the forums, in the previous replies), we are trying to bring back popular past content and balance the game (in terms of items (HTA/Xmas Accessories), skills (system Nexon is working on)... We are also giving everyone a second chance with the Free Character Resurrection, so that players who were frustrated with losing their character can get a second chance (and a warning with responsibilities implied with UM characters). We are also trying to improve our ticket/GM service response time as well as communication on the forums to give you regular updates about what we are trying to achieve.

I cannot reply to that, as I don't have the possibility to read their mind. Yet. Neutral

Q5: Is it worth starting to buy AP to spend on this game or should someone buy AP to spend on others? (Aura Kingdom, Shaiya Phx, Scarlet Blade)
Everything depends on the type of games you like and what you are looking for in a game. Be it PvP, PvE, social, guilds... I cannot decide for yourself, but you are welcome to give the other games you mention a try to decide for yourself the kind of game suits you best.

GM_Skudy

LoveTeamAeria

Rank 4
LoveTeamAeria
PostedJan 20, 2014 5:24 am
GM_Skudy wrote:
Hello,

Allow me to provide you with some replies.

Sorry, but no. Nexon is working on new content as well as fixing/balancing/updating existing content/classes. We wouldn't work on balancing classes/bringing back Goddess/spicing up GRB if the game was to close. There are also new top-secret projects we are working on with Nexon (such a recycling system) but we will announce more when we have details to share. Very Happy

It might be related to the fact that most players are doing Infinite Sanctuary runs and that almost no one bothers exploring maps/doing quests. But we are working with Nexon on a way to provide a better experience with IS that wouldn't be only about leveling. We are still discussing possible changes for IS to make it fair to everybody.

As you might have seen (on the forums, in the previous replies), we are trying to bring back popular past content and balance the game (in terms of items (HTA/Xmas Accessories), skills (system Nexon is working on)... We are also giving everyone a second chance with the Free Character Resurrection, so that players who were frustrated with losing their character can get a second chance (and a warning with responsibilities implied with UM characters). We are also trying to improve our ticket/GM service response time as well as communication on the forums to give you regular updates about what we are trying to achieve.

I cannot reply to that, as I don't have the possibility to read their mind. Yet. Neutral

Everything depends on the type of games you like and what you are looking for in a game. Be it PvP, PvE, social, guilds... I cannot decide for yourself, but you are welcome to give the other games you mention a try to decide for yourself the kind of game suits you best.

GM_Skudy

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply to this thread. This has definitely taken away any doubt that I had in regards to the effort Team Aeria has been making to ensure that this game will continue to run as successfully and as smooth as possible. By responding to a thread like this, shows that there is definitely something in the works. Keep up the good work!

lilwilson

GameSage: Shaiya
PostedJan 20, 2014 7:00 am
i agree 100%. Thank you skudy. The new GM team is very interested in making shaiya better for all and we all appreciate it

crazynes77

Rank 0
PostedJan 20, 2014 7:18 am
Rekikyo wrote:
1. No. Player retention is surprising resilient and this GM's team's efforts seem to boost that generally.

2. That depends on what they have in store. I do think that a complete conversion over to the futuristic style isn't going to please players.

3. Fixing it.

4. I don't.

5. Scarlet Blade is messed up worse than Shaiya by far. Shaiya PX is a skeleton crew/ghost town, and very difficult to even call what goes on there pvp. Aura Kingdom: sure, if you are into Anime Genre  

To be honest Amar, I hate that they didn't take the Futuristic thing ALL the way. The new 80 weapons should have been futuristic...

cobrashark13

Rank 3
cobrashark13
PostedJan 20, 2014 10:37 am
It is worth noting that in the past AGE has assured players that games will remain open and had a very bright future right up until the day the closing of said games was announced.

LoveTeamAeria

Rank 4
LoveTeamAeria
PostedJan 20, 2014 10:43 am
cobrashark13 wrote:
It is worth noting that in the past AGE has assured players that games will remain open and had a very bright future right up until the day the closing of said games was announced.  

Well, now that just makes me doubtful and sad again. lol Sad

But, I'll try to keep my optimism...since GMSkudy is really trying his best to actually do his job and keep this game running. Smile