R_e_i

Rank 2
R_e_i
PostedJan 17, 2014 9:09 am   Last edited by R_e_i on Mar 27, 2014 8:31 pm. Edited 153 times in total

[PvE & PvP] Guardian/Gunslinger - Guide

zzzzz
Guard_Gun

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: This guide is not yet ready, or complete.
It has a few previews but PLEASE FOLLOW THIS GUIDE AT YOUR OWN RISK*.
It could potentially damage your character/parties.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-#Lazy

------------------------------------------------------[Introduction]-----------------------------------------------------

-Hey, other tank & gun lovers!
I'm Airi, from Siren server.
I came across this really unique (and underplayed) combination of awesome classes and felt like creating & sharing a guide for everyone.
But before starting, I have 1 thing to say:

-Important Note: This class is NOT for casual players. It WILL require funding, learning small, important mechanics, and a lot of dedication to be successful. It also does NOT contain EZ button 1 shot Ultimate Invincibility Skills, making it even harder than normal class combinations for PvP.

-If you do not appreciate either of these classes, and begin to doubt if this is the right choice, I do NOT suggest playing it-

-Anyway! To start off, I played the HK version for a few weeks ~ 1 month before coming to the CB of our version where I first discovered this awesome combo. I was pretty set on katar, but since that crap isn't releasing and it's extremely hard to PvP with, I had to make do with something cool - Guard/Gunner. I played CB and did insanely well with this combo, so i figured I would tone it up & research it to perfection :3

-[PvE] - So why this combination?
-As for how it fairs in current content & later levels.. it's REALLY good. Not Only are you able to tank in hardcore dungeons, but you can output a LOT higher DPS than some of those cookie cutter tanks, making you a more favorable choice for parties! On top of all this, you're another member with decoy ; )

TL;DR

-Pros (4)-
-Tankerrrr!
-High AoE AND Single Target DPS output
(It's like you're like an assassin disguised in knight's armor)
-Easy Malice Control w/o expunging pts into that passive
-Decoy<3

-Cons (1)-
-Low-ish healing capabilities (until self-crafted Noct. Gun/SnS)
-No Ultimate Skills from Envoy

-[PvP/Duels] - A-F'N-Mazing. I absolutely LOVE how this class is in PvP, and the best way to classify it is a Burst Tank. You're Pretty much the Hulk combined with the ranged nuke of a literal Tank.
-Given that, think about charging in on whatever the heII you want, ripping it apart to near death, then moon walking away blasting the poor soul in the face with lightning.
Yeah, that is THIS class.

-As Fun as it is to keep talking about what this combination is I do have to mention you will need to learn a lot of specific mechanics & understand other classes. When using this class improperly, shiz can get real, and you can do REALLY poorly... so stay a gentle(man/woman) and keep it classy. xD

-Level 60 PvP Vid!!

Made into a URL because image was laggy

-Here are a few SS's of how I generally do in PVP

I think that's enough of an intro for now, and hopefully this gets ppl interested =)
I will continue this.... hopefully soon, but I'll answer anything posted here. Till then~

-------------------------------------------------------[Envoy]-----------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------Current Envoy Path----------------------------------------------------

Explanation:
Pre - Lvl 50: You don't really need to care about your stats and stuff, so you just wanna get that bonus EXP to help you level faster!
(2% + 2% + 4% = 8%)

Post 50: There isn't much content, and there isn't a need for lifesteal weapons, yet. Therefore, we can ignore the 20% P-Healing.
Then, I built this envoy path to cover all the PvP needs while making you as tanky as possible in PvE.

1) Brute Force
-All the extra damage should help you out early on and make things easier to kill while fielding.

2) Will to Live
-This is 200% necessary for Tanks to have. It is like your guardian angel passive that prevents you from dying while at your last breath.
-We also pick up extra reflect for PvP :3

3) Crit Damage
-Beef yourself up by adding some Crit Damage for when you ice trap.
-Also pick up exra move speed!

4) Crit Resistance
-Definitely a must for Tanking in PvE and REALLY nice to have in PvP. It prevents 300% CD Nuking on ya!

5) DEF and HP
-Just all the extras to make you tankier as you continue to level~

----------------------------------------------------Future Envoy Paths----------------------------------------------------

Explanation:
I personally found these paths the best way to go for the most damage output while still remaining a tank. Each Side represents your foundation build, while higher levels will let you become more unique with your path building.

-----------------------------------------------------------Important!-----------------------------------------------------------

I have left 4 points available for each path (LvL 66~75).
Feel free to do whatever you like, creating a unique personal build beyond my guide.
I'll offer some suggestions with information below, along with my opinion to help you out =)

------------------------------------------------------Base Information----------------------------------------------------------

1) Notice I did not get the 75% DMG reduction while stunned because:

a. Mobs & Bosses hardly stun you. You will not need this at all using jump-casting.

b. Skill does NOT proc (work) in PvP or duels.

c. Skill gets nerfed in the future to 3 seconds, making it even more worthless

d. Innate skill servers as your stun immunity later on, not some crappy proc.

-------------------------------------------Future Path Choices (Choose 2)-------------------------------------------

a. Windfury Upgrade (2 points) - Recommended for PvP
+@ 50% SPD - has a 4s CD and will be reduced by .96 -> 3s CD with the 12% CD upgrade
+16% DMG Increase which is +8k Damage at 50,000 DMG
[Judgement] - Decent in PvP ~ Meh in PvE

b. Thundercut Upgrade (2 points) - Recommended for PvE
+16% DMG Increase which is +8k Damage at 50,000 DMG
[Judgement] - Decent in PvE ~ Meh in PvP

c. Mirror Shield Upgrade (3 points PvE)(2 points PvP) - Recommended for PvP
+10 levels giving more effective Mob Damage & greater potential dmg in PvP/Duels
[Judgement] - Great for PvP as it provides insane bonus damage -> I'm leaning towards actually getting this, myself

d. Get some effective PvE Resistance for Party (2 points) - Recommended for PvE
+4% DEF
+Grant -10% DMG to mobs when using terrifying shout
[Judgement] - Awful in PvP ~ Alright in PvE

e. Boost Potential Life Leech (2 points) - Recommended for Hybrid
+20% P-Healing that boost your lifesteal -> If you leech 3.6k that's 720 bonus => 4,320 HP
[Judgement] - Great in PvE ~ Not really useful in PvP...

f. SnS skills gain +5% Crit Rate (2 points)
[Judgement] - Alright in PvP and PvE, but it's only SnS skills....

g. Malice Passives (1 point each)
+Every attack generates malice
+50% Increased malice to skills that generate malice
[Judgement] - Only used for PvE, and Aggro holding shouldn'tbe hard with a DPS class with huge aggro skills initially. Seems unnecessary, imo, but some players may want them.

------------------------------------------------[Stat Allocation]-------------------------------------------------------

<OFFENSIVE>
-Well, I believe every Guardian should maintain 50% SPD. This helps reduce the "jet-lag" feeling for skills with high cooldowns and allows us to cycle efficiently while maintaining aggro. It ALSO allows us to keep Phalinx (-30% DMG) up consistently, as well as Mirror Shield. Not to mention it reduces our gunner skills' cooldowns for PvP~

-With that being said, we have to take into account the Gunslinger's buff - "Mental Focus." This buff gives a static increase to SPD, and IT IS IMMENSE. Because of this buff, it allows us to reduce our SPD below 50% and get some DMG/CRIT gear and also build points into CRIT.

TL;DR
Therefore, we should maintain about:
-40~43% SPD for our DPS Gear Set
-Naturally, we will then acquire 47%+ SPD for our Tank Gear Set
-The rest of our points go into CRIT

<DEFENSIVE>
-As Guardians, we want to have that top notch DEF for PvE, but if we get that high DEF... we are missing out on HP for PvP. The question, then, is what do we do?

-I believe there are so much modifiers and other sh** that we can obtain this DEF just by acquiring the right gear when needed. Of course, you WILL need to fortify it, but that's beside the point. So far, I've only seen it necessary to add stat points to obtain about 5% DEF. Any more seems excessive, and that will allow some leeway for Hybrid Gear Set switching.

Later in the game, when we cap out gear, fortification, and other crap.. the Stat Allocation for Defensive Points MIGHT change. I am nowhere close to even obtaining a single piece of 60 armor, so I have yet to determine the future allocation.

TL;DR
Basically (for now):
-#Stat Points into DEF should give about 5% and Tank Gear Totals to 65~70%
-Everything else must go into HP - 50k+ (for PvP)

(Take a Look at the Stat Previews I have posted to see how this allocation works)
http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=2160319#18005457

--------------------[Gear - (Weapons/Armor/Costumes/Cards)]---------------------

------------------------------------------------------------- P v E --------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------- P v P --------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------[Masteries]-------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------- P v E --------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------- P v P --------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------[Sigils (Secret Stones)]----------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------[Eidolons]--------------------------------------------------------------

-Starter Eidolon
-It honestly does not matter what you pick, so pick whoever you like the most!
-I choose Merrilee because of future Maid Outfit O_O...

- Merrilee

Benefits:
-Heal while fielding

-Permanent Second Eidolon (Unfortunately)
-You all should know what I'm about to type before I even type it here...

- Sigrun

Reasoning:
-(#1) 100% Proc chance, party buff Heal when hit for 15 seconds... It's. F'n. Godly.
- Bonus Reflective Damage
-Reduces target's EVA
-Highest Base HP & DEF increase

-Future Passive: Crit Dmg Reduc 50% and DEF 5% (evolved)
--Also note that she is the easiest Eidolon to evolve other than the starters

<PvE>

-Pulling Mobs

-Applies if you help the bard or are doing it by yourself

- Tigerius Caesar

Benefit:
-Move Speed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (20% + 60% Riding Ult)

-Future Passive: Lightning Dmg 15% and 5% Chance to Double Damage (evolved)

-Party Dungeons (Run Through)
OR
-Solo Dungeon-ing

OR
-Bard Pulls All Mobs & Boss Run

-With/Without a Bard, party or solo mode, you REALLY need some for of sustain!! So guess who is your third Eidolon for these scenarios~
-Some of you may question, "Why keep Sigrun?" Well, she is really... REALLY.. good at tanking. If you're ever in danger, or if a party member goes down, you can pop her buff, taunt, and you're set for almost any scenario. She is one of the best Eidolons for tanks, so we'll have to stay with her until her counter-part gets released -> Tannith

- Kotonoha

Reasoning:
-Reduces target's damage -10%
-10% Life Leech Buff
-Heal and SPD increase

-Future Passive: Move Speed 5% and EVA 5% (evolved)

----------------------------------------------------------To Do List-----------------------------------------------------------------

[Lots of PvE Strategies]
[Lots PvP Strategies]

(7/21)% Complete

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Advertisement

R_e_i

Rank 2
R_e_i
PostedJan 17, 2014 9:10 am   Last edited by R_e_i on Mar 27, 2014 8:32 pm. Edited 20 times in total
----------------------------------------------[Future Innate Skill]-------------------------------------------------

http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=2165647

qawsar wrote:
These are taken off the current TW version:

1. Malice system was changed, it was optimized so tanks can hold aggro much more easily.

2. Guardians get a new skill called "Absolute Defense":

CD: 10 seconds (can be reduced to 5 seconds via 50% speed)

Operation: Hold the skill to activate a force field for up to 4 seconds.

Effect:
~ Player reduces damage by 75% for himself/herself as well as players behind the force field.
~ Reflect 150% damage to targets.
~ Immunity to stun.

Enjoy~  

--------------------------------------------------------Stat Preview!!--------------------------------------------------------

DPS GEAR

TANK GEAR

hoangsea

Rank 0
PostedJan 17, 2014 9:31 am
what 's about those 65 and craft gun ?
life steal ability or smt ? Shocked

R_e_i

Rank 2
R_e_i
PostedJan 17, 2014 4:18 pm
60 crafted SnS gives a 5% chance to create a 10095 dmg absorb shield.
-> will need Acc 15% core

60 crafted guns
-> will need to use Lifesteal core

65 Yellow guns come with Lifesteal.

kepner15

Rank 2
kepner15
PostedJan 17, 2014 4:39 pm
hoangsea wrote:
what 's about those 65 and craft gun ?
life steal ability or smt ? Shocked  

as far as I know every class can get a lifesteal weapon.

lynaris0

Rank 0
PostedJan 18, 2014 7:40 pm
i am really looking forward to that guide ^.^

rexzshadow

Rank 2
PostedJan 18, 2014 7:54 pm
If I remember the 45 gun give your life steal/

Black_Fang__

Rank 0
Black_Fang__
PostedJan 18, 2014 8:52 pm
Hope you update this guide soon, looking forward to it Very Happy

R_e_i

Rank 2
R_e_i
PostedJan 18, 2014 9:27 pm
[Update - 1/18/2014]

-Added Pre - Level 50 Envoy Spec

-First party of friends to reach Floor 35 Abyss & kill the boss!

coldlyazn1992

Rank 0
PostedJan 19, 2014 1:29 am
whats your primary off and def stats?