diogareisu

Rank 0
PostedJan 17, 2014 12:25 am

Bandwidth Usage by Aura Kingdom

Hey, does anybody know how much bandwidth this game uses? I am not looking for exact precise values, just general estimates. I plan on playing while not at home using my mobile data, and I have a fairly low limit (3gb). I need to know how much this game uses approximately before doing it. Even if you're not 100% sure, but have a fair guess, let me know anyways. Thanks in advance

Let's say,
1) how much bandwidth consumption while questing/grinding per hour
2) how much bandwidth while just afk/chatting per hour
Advertisement

xIDeusIx

Rank 0
PostedJan 17, 2014 8:13 am

Most likely, around 16-18ish MB/hr...
MMO games don't take a lot of bandwidth in most cases, and typically around 16MB per hour is what you're going to be looking at, some games may pull 20-25, but even that is pushing it. I haven't tested this game in particular, but assuming that it uses under 18MB per hour, which it should, you're looking at about 50-60 hours of gameplay per GB, depending on exact values.

1.) Most likely, less than 18MB per hour.
2.) This doesn't matter much, to be honest. Even if YOU aren't doing things, things are still happening around you due to NPCs and other player characters.

SakuraSetsuna

Rank 1
SakuraSetsuna
PostedJan 17, 2014 11:14 am
I know why you asking Canada man/girl.

In any case, MMOs, especially ones like AK use, as Deus said, maybe 20~ MB per hour. It's way less than if you watch videos for the same time, or if you skype/VOIP. Should be manageable with our stupid bandwidth limits. ; _;

jotasnake

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
jotasnake
PostedJan 17, 2014 12:07 pm
Bandwidth limits? Do those still exist? =/ That gotta suck.

SakuraSetsuna

Rank 1
SakuraSetsuna
PostedJan 17, 2014 4:04 pm
Yeah, in Canada, where there's basically all of two major ISPs, and when one decided they'd set bandwidth limits to make more money, the other said, "hey we should do that too".

So now we decide between internet that doesn't suck with bandwith restrictions, or unrestricted internet that sucks super bad.

diogareisu

Rank 0
PostedJan 17, 2014 6:49 pm
From my local internet service provider, there is no bandwidth limit, but on my mobile device company (Bell), there is a data limit (3GB), and yeah I wish it was unlimited data so I wouldn't have to worry about these pesky matters Sad Thanks for the answers btw, I was able to play and you were around the right ballpark, it was roughly 15-25mb per hour depending on what I was doing.