davylonl

Rank 0
davylonl
PostedJan 16, 2014 3:30 am

DUELIST/RAVAGER

IDEAS FOR MAKING THIS JOB IMPROVE OR COMPETE WITH OTHER PVP'S JOB
GUYS i need some help/brilliant ideas about the builds and stats / right equipment in order this job compete with other classes IN TERMS FOR PVP. i dunno, lots of feedbacks / threads in other says ravager is not good for pvp.

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO COMMENT HERE. THANKS!
Advertisement

blackdeath101

GameSage: Forum
blackdeath101
PostedJan 16, 2014 1:12 pm
Duelist/Ravager is an AoE focus class. They shine in PvE, but are so-so in PvP. They can slay Tanuki's left and right, but when the plaers aren't grouped up, you don't do as well. And because you aren't focusing a specific player and hitting everyone with your AoE's, bards can heal you damage without sweat. Thus, any Duelist/Single Target class is superior for PvP.

*I know some Duelist/Ravager's can make it work. But it really is not great unless the enemy gathers up. I've gotten several 20+ kills in PvP, but it doesn't compare to the Gunslinger/Wizard/Cannon/etc classes that can do the same without dying.

davylonl

Rank 0
davylonl
PostedJan 18, 2014 11:04 pm
so overall duelist/ravager is not good for pvp? Crying or Very sad

blackdeath101

GameSage: Forum
blackdeath101
PostedJan 19, 2014 3:03 am
You'll have to talk to someone who plays Duelist/Ravager in PvP. I stopped PvPing awhile ago.

lavexis1990

Rank 0
PostedJan 19, 2014 11:37 am
Stack tons of crit and damage, then get all the duel/rav combo skills.. It is your only chance
in Pvp.
Cause combo skills can't miss, give invulnerability frame and deal tons of DMG..

Duel/rav advantage over other duelist is that they get more melee aoe dps than other duelist.

davylonl

Rank 0
davylonl
PostedJan 19, 2014 11:49 pm
what invulnerability frame by the way? Question Sad i'm just a newbie sorry

kupokupokup

Rank 0
PostedJan 20, 2014 3:44 am
The utility that this duelist/ravager offers is amazing, you get a 50% slow, two gap closers, two stuns, a DOT that can outdps any bards heals(if u have enough damage), a buff that increases crit damage by 70%.
This is pretty much my 1v1 fights.
If its a bard or Guardian, use the ultimate that gives dot to your first skill, Spam those DOT's. Against duelist ive found, spam cross slash stuns and combos, when u get 3 stacks of cross slash, it should be over (kinda luck based here cuz dodge can be iffy, i suggest ACC).
Vs ranged champs,(kinda luck based too, i suggest 95% dodge) Spam your gap closer to get close, if u get close enough, stun>cross slash>stun(the 20 second cooldown one)>snowflower>combo if that doesnt kill them, just keep chasing them down with your gapclosers, save the ravager gapcloser if you really need to get close and the duelist gapcloser is on CD.
Havent fought enough ravagers to give you a suggestion

TLDR: GET LVL 50, SPAM DC Hard, GET THE PVP SET FROM THE BOXES(you can finish this set by lvl 52, with tokens), PRACTICE 1v1s(IN MIDDLE OF NAVEA), You will learn how to beat anyone 1v1 ^_^

As for 5v5s, IS THAT U RIOT? No balance yo

davylonl

Rank 0
davylonl
PostedJan 20, 2014 9:00 am
kupokupokup wrote:
The utility that this duelist/ravager offers is amazing, you get a 50% slow, two gap closers, two stuns, a DOT that can outdps any bards heals(if u have enough damage), a buff that increases crit damage by 70%.
This is pretty much my 1v1 fights.
If its a bard or Guardian, use the ultimate that gives dot to your first skill, Spam those DOT's. Against duelist ive found, spam cross slash stuns and combos, when u get 3 stacks of cross slash, it should be over (kinda luck based here cuz dodge can be iffy, i suggest ACC).
Vs ranged champs,(kinda luck based too, i suggest 95% dodge) Spam your gap closer to get close, if u get close enough, stun>cross slash>stun(the 20 second cooldown one)>snowflower>combo if that doesnt kill them, just keep chasing them down with your gapclosers, save the ravager gapcloser if you really need to get close and the duelist gapcloser is on CD.
Havent fought enough ravagers to give you a suggestion

TLDR: GET LVL 50, SPAM DC Hard, GET THE PVP SET FROM THE BOXES(you can finish this set by lvl 52, with tokens), PRACTICE 1v1s(IN MIDDLE OF NAVEA), You will learn how to beat anyone 1v1 ^_^

As for 5v5s, IS THAT U RIOT? No balance yo  

wow thanks boss, i really appreciated on what you post here, you're the only person who posted such tremendous postive feedbacks about this kind of classes we pick Smile

nrnclr

Rank 0
PostedJan 25, 2014 5:25 pm
PVP you're gonna be sort of bard reliant on arena, but with EVA you pretty much wont die as long as you have HOT. If you have more than 200 cdmg it should be easy to burst down any non tank/bard class. I have 240cdmg unbuffed without food and it only takes snowflower and soaring slash most of the time.

currently I have my defensive stats on HP/eva since I'm focusing on grinding Hard dgns.