kyuriko

Rank 0
kyuriko
PostedJan 16, 2014 3:11 am
hi~ I think both Wizard and Sorcerer are great choices but it should come down to which you enjoy playing as more.

I have tried both classes and Wizard as a sub will have an easier time soloing dungeons with it's powerful AoE spells~ You can also throw in a few spells when partying with members to increase damage output. It also comes with party buffs as well which can be useful to help clear things faster and safer!

Sorcerer is a little trickier to play well in my opinion. Healing team members isn't all too difficult you can just use your Ballad and Rejuvenation Mantra to keep your party members HP up, but if you want to bring out it's full potential you'll have to keep your debuffs on the enemy as well which is definitely more effort on your part.

As others have said before me, you really should choose what you think is fun! In all honesty when playing with Bard the main skills is all you really need to keep your party alive haha. Subjob skills are just an added bonus~

I personally use Gunslinger as my sub ^ㅅ^
Advertisement

Hiridies

Rank 0
Hiridies
PostedJan 16, 2014 3:17 am
xLaevateinn wrote:
Hiridies wrote:
I have your same problem bro, i would like to be the best healer/buffer/supporter form my party, i'm not interested in DMG or something else. Which class should i choose? Questions in this thread haven't answered yet with specific examples or comparisons.  

As I mentioned before in my previous post, it depends on your party makeup. If you have a sorcerer in there, you're not going to be doing jacksquat as a sorcerer sub except use Rejuvenation Mantra and occasionally Nightmare Totem.

Whereas if you're a Wizard sub, you have Overtones, Regeneration Prayer and Sonic Shield to use on top of your Bard skills. You won't have the debuffs to support your team if your party is completely devoid of main/sub sorcs

tl;dr if you aren't partying a lot with main sorcs, go sorc. if you're partying a lot with main sorcs, go wiz

thats as much spoonfeed as i can do  

Sorry, i wrote while you replied and i didn't notice that. Thank you very much for your explanation.

DESOUL

Rank 3
DESOUL
PostedJan 16, 2014 3:50 am
Ciega. wrote:
DESOUL wrote:
Wizard is the best sub for bard, hands down, anyone saying otherwise is just biased and blind, giving favoritism to their sub.

<---Not a bard.  
You do realize that you just indeed made a biased statement, right? As it is a matte of opinion.

The only way I can see if your opinion would be valid, would be if you had played both Bard/Sorc and Bard/Wiz. The fact that you aren't even a bard doesn't help your case.

Btw, I'm fairly sure that this person came to the forum asking for the opinions of different peoples views on which sub-classes would be 'best'. Different people have different views.  

Whats the main role of the bard?
What does sorc compliment it with?
What does wizard compliment it with?

I've been paying this long enough and with enough bards of any type to see the obvious difference.

Don't **** me about biased opinion, he asked whats best? I gave an honest and accurate answer of a third party, any other answer is either an uninformed person, or someone with favoritism.

If you think sorc is a good bard subclass, then there is nothing for us to talk about.

LeoHarvitz

Rank 0
PostedJan 16, 2014 4:04 am
I played bard/sorc in CBT and I am playing Bard/Wiz right now

bard/wiz is better IMO

although i didnt get totem in CBT so i can be off a bit but i cant see that being more useful than sonic shield

Also I party with mainhand wizards a lot and the wizard HoT can help them get a nice little dmg buff

Ciega.

Rank 4
Ciega.
PostedJan 16, 2014 4:06 am
DESOUL wrote:
Whats the main role of the bard?  
Healing and support.
DESOUL wrote:
What does sorc compliment it with?  
Healing Rejuvenation and Debuffs to support the party.
DESOUL wrote:
What does wizard compliment it with?  
Sonic Shield, Regeneration Prayer, and Overtones.
DESOUL wrote:
I've been paying this long enough and with enough bards of any type to see the obvious difference.  
Pretty sure we've been playing the game the same duration of time. Unless you either played the TW version, or are a time traveler.
DESOUL wrote:
Don't **** me about biased opinion, he asked whats best? I gave an honest and accurate answer of a third party, any other answer is either an uninformed person, or someone with favoritism.  
Not sure what the stars are for, but my point is, while a Bards main objective is to support and heal, there are benefits to both classes which applies to different situations. The fact that you're saying one class is better for any situation is hyperbole.

Tanoshii2k1

Rank 0
Tanoshii2k1
PostedJan 16, 2014 4:22 am
xYin95 wrote:
I play Bard/Wiz and I rarely touch the buff skills. They don't last long enough to make too much of a difference. As a bard/anything, you'll primarly use your base bard skills as a support character. Ballad, Storm Song, and Healing Tones are your greatest assets.

So for your secondary class, just have fun with it! Do whatever will make you happy to get through the questing side of it, because trust me, you will be spamming Ballad and Healing Tones all day long in the dungeons.  

Uhh, you can keep the -30% damage buff up 100% of the time. The attack buff sucks, but the defense buff is amazing. Should read them tooltips sometime.

silverpensri

Rank 1
silverpensri
PostedJan 16, 2014 5:44 am
I just face palm every time someone says a bard/sorc is better support then a bard wiz...lol...that makes no sense...I'm not saying they don't provide a type of support but if you want to be a support bard go wizard sub end of story. And anyone who says the shield is not worth it has never used it in a speed party...

I swear with the right build you will never have to heal people when it is up. I can be a Hard run throw that on and unless the boss has some stupid op move. (like the dang tree in GG with that stupid bomb T_T) I never have to heal people EVER when it is on lol. It last plenty long enough it saves lives from those op boss skills and a support bard uses SPEED. With the amount of speed you will have as a support bard you can spam that shield every 45 or 30 seconds after it ends. Somewhere between that.

And someone just explained why I might add why a bard wiz is better for support....the fact that two sorc skills in party does not really benefit anyone while you have a bard who can wiz and a wiz who can wiz both just hammering the crap out of everything with aoes lol.

Bard sorc is super fun but there is no way I would ever recommend it for someone going full support lol.

Why be mean? There is enough bad in the world. (yes I made my pic and sig =) )

Ciega.

Rank 4
Ciega.
PostedJan 16, 2014 5:58 am
silverpensri wrote:

Just to clarify, support does not always mean healing and buffing.

If one always agrees with the masses, who is to say new content wont ever come out to make the opposite happen?

Everything I post is now not offensive because of this kitten.

silverpensri

Rank 1
silverpensri
PostedJan 16, 2014 6:19 am
Ciega. wrote:
silverpensri wrote:

Just to clarify, support does not always mean healing and buffing.

If one always agrees with the masses, who is to say new content wont ever come out to make the opposite happen?  

I did say they do provide a type of support. So yes I agree.

Why be mean? There is enough bad in the world. (yes I made my pic and sig =) )

Miathann

Rank 0
PostedJan 16, 2014 6:30 am
To say Bard/Sorc or Bard/Wiz is supperior to the other you need to make a comparison to judge their usefullness, and as a healer you are supposed to heal, you can aid with stuning during AoEing lured mobs, but thats it.

Bard/Sorc gets: Song of Winds, an EVA envoy group buff (+467 EVA at lvl 48 ) a AoE debuff remover which is also a group 12 second HoT, 9,5 seconds CD with a SPD build.

Bard/Wiz gets: Sonic Shield, a damage reduction envoy group buff (-451 damage reduced at lvl 51 ), single target debuff remover+HoT with a 15 seconds CD with a SPD build.

That is their difference that matters for a healer, to me it comes down to : Do i wa nt the -451 damage buff, or an additional HoT which is also a debuff remover?

I personally went for Bard/Sorc to get the extra HoT which is also a debuff remover so its quite awesome imo, both are viable healers and depending on what boss you are doing one is slightly better than the other, but none of them is required to do a certain boss except for Bard main ofc hehe Very Happy