Satellier

Rank 1
Satellier
PostedJan 15, 2014 3:41 am   Last edited by Satellier on Feb 15, 2014 12:56 am. Edited 4 times in total

[GUIDE] Super happy Wiz/Sorc time

build your WORC like a pro (update 3, new content suggestions)
People make this so complicated, its really pretty simple.

Wizard is, in my opinion, the best DPS class in-game right now. It has the best skills of the DPS classes with good cast times, range, and lots of AoE powa.

Offensive stats: ~40 crit, then full damage, use damage set
with 40 points its pretty easy to get 60-70% crit which is all that's needed, putting enough to cap crit isn't all that effective

Speed build - is possible for wiz, but considerably less damage - put about 50 points in speed then go full damage, and use the speed-type armor. Spam meteor and the 25% damage bonus!

Defensive stats:
1. 40 HP then full def - perfect for general survivability, about a 20% hp bonus and later allows for great def.
Ignore people who tell you "later game blah blah dont need def because you can cap with fortified equipment" it's dumb. First of all getting to that fortification requires a few months of farming or a good 500$+ dropped on scrolls. Also even with capped def, you still don't have enough of it. Every class has 1 or more skills which reduce your def, not including the tactical which is so overused. You want the equivalent of 95% defense, even though the percent value only goes up to 75%.
2. Full hp build - the only reason to do full HP is for the PvP, when you dont have a bard on your team full HP is better than def, simply because the % hp per point is a larger amount. Huge hp numbers also make you look pro!
Mind you, if there are heals on your team def build has quite a bit more survivability. (this is true of all classes, if you didnt notice HP bards are much easier to kill)

As for which eidolon you use, it's best to have one with heals (ill be going with Serena when she comes)

-For envoy path you dont need to leave the bottom half.
-This goes up to 57, start with crit side and the storm damage bonus should be the last thing you get (throw that last point at 60 wherever)

Ultimates:
-yes, void storm, its one of the nastiest skills in the game with that heavy DoT especially after upgraded
-The attack ultimate with a 10% chance is much stronger than it sounds, think of it like a secondary crit
-The def ultimate is also better than it sounds, it will regen 1% of your HP every second for 10 seconds as soon as someone hits you (longer after upgraded)

Secret stones:
Take all secret stones with secondary skill effects by this I mean the stones which have 4 bonuses on them, secret stones are sold by the CLASS MASTER npc's in navea.
The stats on secret stones aren't that complicated, note that there are stones with 3 stats, and stones with 4 stats. The last two stats on any given stone are overall stats, they affect everything you do. These are the stats that are randomized on every stone. Any stats above those two are specifically for the skill named on the stone. 3-stat stones will have a bonus damage for that specific skill and the two overall randomized stats. 4-stat stones will have a smaller damage bonus along with a secondary skill bonus (such as range +5m or crit dmg +15%) and then the two overall randomized stats. The bonus damage amount on either stone type isn't that huge, which is why you want the 4-stat stones. You will have to buy and sell each stone quite a few times to get good stats. For now as wizard class, you want 5 stones with +3% accuracy as one of the overall stats (the other one can be whatever) and 2 stones with +6% crit damage (again, other stat doesnt matter). You will have to buy a grimoire stone and a belt stone from the sorceror class master.
You know all those little stones that have some minimum +dmg amount and drop from all mobs? You feed those to your orange-stones and it levels the damage bonus for it.

The 4-stat secret stones must be bought from the class masters in the top right corner of navea

3-stat type secret stone (you dont want these)
The first damage stat in red affects only the fireball skill, while the 2 effects in blue will affect your character overall, every skill

4-stat type secret stones (use these)
The top 2 stats circled in red affect the only the snowstorm skill, while the 2 blue stat affect your character overall, every skill. Note the 3% accuracy bonus.

Another 4-stat stone, note that this one is upgrade to level 35, giving it a larger bonus to damage for the meteor skill (yellow circled)
The 2 stats circled in red affect only the meteor skill, the two circled in blue affect your character overall, every skill. Note the 6% crit damage bonus.

Strategies:
-don't ever warp into the middle of the enemy group with lightning unless your void storm is ready (lightning -> meteor -> void -> try to run away with sleep), hooray you stunned them all but half of them targeted you. (your main survivability strategy is to just not get targeted, stay way back of the rest of your team)
-if you target a shield or bard stack DoT on them first thing, then target someone squishy if available (snowball, demon seal, blood seal)
-if you target a duelist or gunner, use demon seal first thing
-if you see a melee character coming at you, start with icy curse, if it doesnt stop them use ice ulti, sleep, then back off well out of range to drop target (note that if you use void right after first ulti it wont give you the invincibility like the first did)
-Use lightning first thing against other ranged characters (exc. gun)
-If you get far enough away from someone, their target is automatically dropped, use this to your advantage
-Blessing should always be on CD, use the grimoire regen immediately after you see a debuff on your bar (most players will try to root you first thing)
-DONT STOP MOVING, EVER - a stationary wizard is a dead one
-Use alchemy! Get the HP pots which restore an immediate amount of HP, the second tier ones are easy to get (make 30 tier 1 to upgrade) and when you are under attack will help your squishy self more than regen pots

Kiting-
Kiting is an essential skill, if you are targeted by a boss it's the only way you can survive (at least for some time) as a wizard. It isn't difficult- all you really have to do is jump. If you cast a skill, normally it would make you stationary for the cast time (excluding meteor). However if you jump just before casting a skill, you will continue moving in the direction you were moving when you jumped, effectively meaning you can move at full speed while casting any skill (excluding instant thunder, it will not work if you are in the air). Don't try to kite backwards, it works best if you are facing the direction you are moving.

Note this also works with ultimates, if you jump in the air then cast an ultimate you can still move during the long cast time, even after hitting the ground. Meaning in PvP you can use that invincibility time to move right into the middle of the enemy team for maximum effect .

Tips for the new content

Special mastery - The upgrade to the void storm crit dmg % is now out, and when you upgrade that, the 60% cdmg is better than the DoT.
Surviving in the new otherworld dungeons is difficult Sad
It's a good idea to switch your special mastery to the DMG to DEF 2% increase for them, it's a pretty nice boost to def and should help a bit.

Once you get the new set (continue using dmg/crit/hp type) you should be able to get 55-60% crit rate (main weapon) with the build, if not you should put your later envoy points into the crit area.

While crafting cores, save all the DMG/HP cores, use them once your recipe is C or higher, gives you a decent chance of a 125-130% (130% is max for oranges) and DMG/HP are the best cores.

Don't bring your armor past +9 until you get a good 128-130% DMG/HP core piece

Circling is very effective for survival against tough bosses, just keep moving around the boss in a circle while kiting (jump-casting) and that way when they decide to drop a red area on you, you're already on your way out of it. Also, maintain max range as much as possible, also helps minimize the chance you get chunked by a red area (especially vs odum and his insta-cast QQ)

Crafting the 60 staff is up to you. The level 65 gold staff is better, and already available in the content though finding a perfect one will take quite some time. The zaahir staff also isn't a whole lot worse than the orange 60 staff.

DO NOT GET RID OF YOUR ZAAHIR STAFF. You will want it for the upcoming content, whirlpool abyss (exactly the same, but all the enemies are ice-type)

Questions?

IGN: Drear, usually on hydra
Advertisement

necalt7

Rank 3
necalt7
PostedJan 15, 2014 4:43 am
same build as me just about, but instead of the void DoT i would rather get the 60% crit dmg for void. Are you sure u can get off meteor before void after lightning? they can actually start moving right before void actually dmg.

My comboes I use are: Demonseal>Lightning>Void>Meteor, slays many people in arena can also do Demonseal>Lightning>Void>Nightmare> Ice Ultimate. Overkill, yes, but much fun indeed.

Semi active

fidelsurtida27

Rank 0
PostedJan 15, 2014 4:48 am
what is the most effective build in the arena then? the CRIT 50-60% / DMG (rest of the points) or the SPD/CRIT build??

Satellier

Rank 1
Satellier
PostedJan 15, 2014 4:55 am
yeah, i always manage to get off meteor before void, provided they arent all on stunblock. My speed is about 10% currently.
DoT will also do more than the crit at current server state (2k+ DoT>30% cdmg), if you have both ultimates maxed at lev 70 then 60% cdmg is better. Also won't crit everyone.

I would say dmg/crit is better than speed since wiz is good at preventing enemies from damaging them for a short time. speed is better if you have harp as a secondary.

robertofor

Rank 0
PostedJan 15, 2014 5:06 am
Thank you so much, I love u for this guide <3 It 's really comprehensive ...

Waiting for the image of the secret stone Smile

robertofor

Rank 0
PostedJan 16, 2014 3:58 am
When you say "40 crit" in offensive stats, you mean that you have to reach 40% crit or put 40 points on crit before moving on damage?

chubba88

Rank 1
PostedJan 16, 2014 7:01 am
Thanks for the guide - very informative.

Why is ACC so important?

Does evasion get out of hand at higher levels?

ttrongdat

Rank 0
PostedJan 16, 2014 11:02 am
I went with full speed, Should I choose speed-type amor? do u mean that we should use speed type for boots, gloves,...?? How we have more crit with it?
what is the lightning skill's name? Is it Instant Thunder?I dont have find out!
Thanks alot for your advice!

BLADER.X

Rank 0
BLADER.X
PostedJan 16, 2014 12:55 pm
ttrongdat wrote:
I went with full speed, Should I choose speed-type amor? do u mean that we should use speed type for boots, gloves,...?? How we have more crit with it?
what is the lightning skill's name? Is it Instant Thunder?I dont have find out!
Thanks alot for your advice!  

No, I am a Wiz/gun and I finally reach yesterday the lvl 55 and the 50% spd cap, I am using full Aria set and I discover some things.

-A Wiz full focus in crit rate could get around 20-15% of spd with a decen gear (60%+ crit rate)
-A wiz full focus in crit rate could esaily reach 40%+ of speed if put all his offensive points in spd, this let u spam meteor, ice stom, other skill with no interrumption, unless u want to loose offensive power, its enough (40%+ crit rate)

About the acc and eva question, yes it is important, just in pvp, the wiz have an advantage of 10% of acc but its no enough, the bard and guardian have natural high eva thanks to the defensive sets and Dueslist thanks to his passives could reach a very high eva even with offensive set.

Right now the eva its a problem if u fight one of that 3 classes and u dont have enough acc

intercityfirm

Rank 0
PostedJan 16, 2014 3:10 pm
I am level 10 when you say put 40 in Crit do you mean lvl 40 or just where in this SS it shows 40.