weepymoon

Rank 0
weepymoon
PostedJan 15, 2014 3:30 am   Last edited by weepymoon on Jan 23, 2014 7:24 am. Edited 8 times in total

Marriage/Wedding System in FNO

*updated and completed* I'm married~~
Guess I should do the usual first (copy/paste ya!):

1. These are in FNO, as in Finding Neverland Online, as in the original version runs by the developers X-Legend all the way back in Taiwan.
  2. These are not in EE now. No promise of when they come, how they will come, or will they ever come.
  3. Translated material will have a source given. (Actually I try to give a source for everything :p) Sources will always be in Chinese.
  4. I try my best to give you accurate information. But alas, I'm only human, and human makes mistake. Please let me know if you find any.

Update notes and Official blog!

Edit 16/01/14: So I got an invitation to a wedding XD Put up prices and pictures and corrected some item descriptions.
Edit again: Added in a video of the island (not by me)
Edit 17/01/14: Added in a wedding band feature and married couple buff.
Edit 23/01/14: Actual wedding done and couple shop checked! Everything other than divorce is added in.

A special island just for weddings!

So currently there are 2 ways you can do a wedding in FNO:

• Classic Wedding: Couple needs to be lvl 50+, have been lovers for 30+ days, and one of them have 500 gold. You will get all items you need for a wedding.
  • Wedding party: Couple needs to be lvl 50+, have been lovers for 1+ days, and one of them has the cash shop item "Engagement Pledge". You will get extra stat rings, a wedding party, and all items you get from Classic Wedding.

Basically the exact same thing but with cash you will get a bit more extra. Currently X-Legend provides 2 ways you can get the "Engagement Pledge": It can be bought as a single item (499 cash points, about 41 EC), or in a "Wedding Party Package" (999 cash points, about 83 EC) which contains 1 "Engagement Pledge", 1 Wedding Veil (alpha, dyable), 1 Wedding Suit (alpha, dyable), and 2 Bridal Bloom Coronet (alpha, dyable) (=.=?)

How to get married?

Let me introduce the couple that I used to test the new system.

Say hi to Bride and Groom. They are lvl 51 and 53, respectively, and have known each other for exactly 30 days.

1. Preparation

Now, in order to get married, the couple need to go to a new Wedding Planner NPC in Aven (why can't they just give the job to an existing one...?) and register. If you choose to pay gold for "Classic Wedding", you will get a 7-days status of "Applying for Wedding" and item "Church Booking Application". Obviously I go with this one.

"Church Booking Application" which you can't get rid of.

If you pay cash shop item "Engagement Pledge" for "Wedding Party", you will get the aforementioned status and item, plus a pair of "Elegent Ring" and item "Wedding Party Voucher".

After registration, the couple has 7 days to book for a wedding. Max number of 5 weddings can take place at the same time, so if it's all filled out, you will need to wait for an empty slot. Once you have successfully taken a spot, "Church Booking Application" is taken and you and your partner have 10 mins to enter the Wedding Island. If 10 minutes passed and the couple is still not both inside the Wedding Island, the booking will be cancelled and you will have to buy another "Church Booking Application" (100g) to start over. If 7 days passed and you lost the "Applying for Wedding" status before you can book a spot, you will have to start over from registration.

when you successfully book a spot, other than the server-wide announcment of the upcoming wedding (no secret wedding!), you and your partner will also receive 10 "Wedding Invitation" in each of your mailboxes.

Printed "Wedding Invitation". Can't be sold/auctioned :p

These can be traded to friends and family, or random strangers :p If 20 is not enough, couple can buy more blank invitations (10g ea) from NPCs in Aven/inside Wedding Island and print them. Only those with the printed "Wedding Invitation" can come to the wedding.

Note that NPC dealings can be done by only one partner, but for successful registering and booking the couple must both be in Aven AND on the same channel.

You can always check with Wedding Planner NPC to see how much time you have left.

2. The Wedding Ceremony

After 10 minutes of preparation time, the 2 hour countdown of island booking time starts. Couple's status change from "Applying for Wedding" to "Getting Married"and guests with invitations can start entering the Wedding Island. Don't worry, invitations can still be printed and sent at this point.

With "Getting Married" status, couple can now take "Newly Wed Boutonniere fortune bag" (contain 2 hr costumes) from NPC to dress up. This fortune bag can only be taken once by each partner.

Costumes you will get from "Newly Wed Boutonniere fortune bag"

Guests can take "Male/Female Guests Boutonniere fortune bag" (contain 2 hr costumes) and fireworks from NPC. There's no limit on how many bags or fireworks one can take. Even the couple can take them!

Costumes in guest fortune bags. Total of 3 color each for male and female.

When everyone's ready, one partner can talk to NPC to start the wedding procedures. Wedding Planner NPC will start to walk to the church.

To make things easier for myself I have placed Bride in front of the altar beforehand.

While Groom slowly walks with NPC. Players are free to run all over the place during the whole ceremony BTW.

When NPC reaches the altar, one of the couple needs to click on him again to finally start the ceremony. He will welcome the guests, ask them to be seated, and start the vows.

"The one on my left, will you be with your partner always, and share all your joy and sorrow with them?
"The one on my right, will you be with your partner always, in sickness and in health, and never leave their side?
"Honor each other, trust each other, respect each other; Laugh together, cry together. For present, future, and eternity.
"Guard your love in whatever challenge you'll face. For better for worse, though hardships or delights, you will always be together.
"You will promise each other your lives, and become life-long friends, companions, the only true love of your hearts.
"Do you promise to love each other, cherish each other, till the end of time?"

Both partners need to click on the NPC again to give the final vow.

Say "I do", or else!

When the couple both hit the "I Do" button, Congrats! You are now married! There'll be another server announcement to tell the world. Newly-weds will receive a 24 hr long +5% move spd buff to celebrate marriage. (I wonder what it's for?)

The couple will also receive permenant item "Wedding Band" in mail, which gives 3 unique social features when "equipped", or right-clicked to activate.

From left to right:

1. Shoot fireworks to celebrate your love!

2. Burst out pink hearts to make everyone dizzy from your flashy love for 30 sec! (Sorry unicorns/pegasus!)

3. Have a party right now and make everyone dance with you! (Yes it's a buffet table at the back)

4. Take off the ring (de-activate it).

All skills other than taking off the ring requires you to be next to your partner.

If you have paid for Wedding Party, your "Elegent Ring" becomes "Party Wedding Band", a permanent item that gives "+2% all attributes" stat boost for 2 hours (10 sec CD), on top of those social features.

"Party Wedding Band"

If you have the "Wedding Party Voucher", you can use it to start a real party after the wedding ceremony.

NPC responsible for Wedding Party.

Naughty Clover Spirits will show up to crash the party. Players need to defend the buffet tables in order to receive some more fortune bags which contain permanent costume pieces, amoung other things.

You are free to loiter around the island until system kicks you out when 2 hr is up. Do note that costumes gotten from "Newly Wed Boutonniere fortune bag" and "Male/Female Guests Boutonniere fortune bag" and fireworks will disappear out of Wedding Island. Make sure you take enough pictures before leaving!

After the 2 hours/everyone leaves, Wedding Island will take 10 minutes to clean up for the next wedding.

Married Life

After the wedding, the "Couple" tab in your social interface will become "Marriage" tab. They look exactly the same but instead of showing the date/days you become lovers, "Marriage" will show the date/days you get married. Couple skills previously learned will remain. Old couple buff which +10% exp and cp on same map becomes +15% exp and cp.

After getting married for 1+ day, the couple can visit the Married Couple shop in Aven and buy white/alpha costumes and Married skills with love coins.

List of all items selling now, from top down:

• White grade female costume set (wig + dress)
  • White grade male costume set (wig + suit)
  • Alpha female costume set (wig + dress)
  • Alpha male costume set (wig + suit)
  • Love Box
  • Skill "Power of Love": Raise partner's move spd by 15%
  • Skill "Invincible Love": Raise partner's STR and INT by 15%
  • Skill "Spirit Sustenance": Raise partner's WIS and LCK by 15%
  • Skill "Origin of Soul": Raise partner's Max HP by 15%

White version of unique couple costumes. Alpha versions look the same.

Also the couple can start taking special couple quest from NPC in Aven (limit to once per day for each partner). So far it only involves talking to NPCs... Finishing the quest will give you a "Double Heart" coin, which can be exchanged for prime costume when you've collected 180.

Prime version

About Divorce...

To get divorced couple will need to be married for 1+ days, and have 250 gold on each of the pair. Like booking for a wedding, both players have to be in Aven and on the same channel to apply for divorce. After talking to the Lawyer NPC, all wedding rings, skills and love coins will be taken along with 250 gold from each of the pair. The 2 players will become single again.

Bonus: Closer Look of Wedding Island

Entrance of the Island

Passageway to the church.

Frontyard of the church. Where the Wedding Party is held.

The church.

Aisle, and altar at the end.

Closer look of altar.

Outside the church. Hearts in the air <3

Beach at the back of the church.

Check out this video! (Not by me, source)
Advertisement

Cchibi

Rank 1
Cchibi
PostedJan 15, 2014 4:09 am
Not gonna lie, been waiting for this c:

spikez93

Rank 0
spikez93
PostedJan 15, 2014 4:26 am
Niceeee \o/ cant wait for this

-----------------------------------------| IGN : Izz // Server : Diamond // Guild : Pegasus // Class : Knight |

Zetsumei418

GameSage: Eden Eternal
PostedJan 15, 2014 4:29 am
Weepy you are the absolute best! So many people I know have been waiting for this! Can't wait until you get to tell us more once servers are back up~ Please keep us updated with the new skills and bonuses you can get if you can find out Very Happy Quick question though, how expensive are the items in item mall for party weddings in real life money? Is it significant or something more slight?

Also it might be a horrible idea to most but I wished that getting a divorce involved having to buy an item in cash shop. Would make them more special knowing you have to spend real life money to break it off I think.

Game = Eden Eternal. Server = Sapphire. Old Server = Garnet. Guild = Objection. IGN = [GS]Kuma. Old IGN = Zetsumei418

Jendreams

Jendreams
PostedJan 15, 2014 5:06 am
ooh this looks awesome!!! Very Happy finally a proper marriage will be available (at some point lol) And that island is sooo prettty!!!

weepymoon

Rank 0
weepymoon
PostedJan 15, 2014 6:06 am   Last edited by weepymoon on Jan 15, 2014 6:54 am. Edited 1 time in total
Zetsumei418 wrote:
Weepy you are the absolute best! So many people I know have been waiting for this! Can't wait until you get to tell us more once servers are back up~ Please keep us updated with the new skills and bonuses you can get if you can find out Very Happy Quick question though, how expensive are the items in item mall for party weddings in real life money? Is it significant or something more slight?

Also it might be a horrible idea to most but I wished that getting a divorce involved having to buy an item in cash shop. Would make them more special knowing you have to spend real life money to break it off I think.  

Well now there's an emergency maintainance due to log in issues.... X_X

I hope that cash shop item is not too expensive (can only check in game), even though I have no plans to pay for it now. As for divorce... well requiring a cash shop item may be a little harsh when getting married is, tbh, way too easy ^^;; I had expected it would require love coins and some questing.

Devs actually have fixed it a bit since the very first version of notes say that divorce could be done by one partner if s/he is willing to shell out 500 gold... which is ridiculous.

Edit: Changed some wording and font color. Added in the online requirements.

sleepingroosje

Rank 4
sleepingroosje
PostedJan 15, 2014 6:15 am
Zetsumei418 wrote:

they might make a item mall item to divorce when you cant get your spouse to be online to be divorced :p cause from what i read is that both parties have to be online to divorce.

dylan.gallop

dylan.gallop
PostedJan 15, 2014 6:45 am
Weddings !! *o*

animanian26

Rank 1
animanian26
PostedJan 15, 2014 10:17 am
Interesting island indeed.

Thank you for the info and translation.

kaeru_chan