HonorLives

Rank 1
HonorLives
PostedJan 14, 2014 7:58 pm   Last edited by HonorLives on May 23, 2014 7:45 pm. Edited 75 times in total

Great's Wizard build/guide! Feel Free to ask any question!

The Definitive guide to all your problems. Updated March 1st, 2014!
Updated as of May 23, 2014!

Hi, my name is Great, I am Wizard/Gunslinger. I reside in the Hydra server and am the leader of the guild Riot. You are free to join. I am very knowledgeable about wiz. I will answer all questions as much as I can to the best of my ability. Here is my Wiz atm, I haven't had time to play much. Although many can claim to have better gear than me and do atm I can tell you how to gear.

After 65

General questions

Q.What is the best sub classes for wiz and why did you pick gunslinger?
A. The subclasses that are best are Bard, Sorc, and gunslinger. Everything else is going in to murky water, and results will probably be murky too.

Bard is a great subclass if you think you won't be able to survive, lag a lot more and want to solo easy then that is the way to go. Keep in mind you will be a little bit more useless with a bard in the party, but they are not always on their game so this can save you. They have a ability that gives you 12 % damage on 3 ballad stacks! Great class to sub in if you don't like dying.

Sorc is a good subclass because it has life steal, dot and another heal. Additionally sorc is able to maintain higher damage when compared to the bard subclass. Additionally it comes with nightmare totem which is a great mob control skill that puts mobs to sleep. You will be able to maintain good survivability and good mob control. But overall not recommended at all.

Now, gunslinger. The reason they are so good is because of their high damage, and superior speed, while still maintaining the highest dps possible. One because of their speed buff which from around 35 % makes you have max speed (50%) with good gear required. When looking at a subclass you also have to look at subweapon procs. For example level 50 yellow guns give almost 1k speed and proc all the time!! Level 60 weapons are life steal which means you can spam meteor at 1.8 seconds, do the highest damage, steal all your hp back quickly all while having your heal over time skill (rejuvenating prayer) having a insanely low cooldown.

The class also comes with a defence -10 % skill and two traps with insanely high damage over time. Frost trap immobilizes enemies and does high amount of damage to them, but also provides a crit rate debuff to the enemies. Dark trap debuffs your enemy to -75 healing which is amazing for pvp and mobs that heal. It also has a much higher damage over time over frost trap. The good news is you can stack both traps as long as your order is frost trap -> dark trap! I think it is the best way to go but keep in mind it is a very late bloomer.

Low Budget section!

Leveling up can be tough and maybe you don't have the luck to get gold! That is fine you can still build a great wizard!

1-40 use any damage gear you can find, that means the ones with dmg 1 % on it.

50-60 First and foremost craft yourself a turins gun, this is going to help you survive! Then grab your self a green damage set, and try to + it, then buy yourself a higher % mina's staff and upgrade it. If you have some extra gold around buy the aria set for armor and use that, you will be good for level 60.

60+ you can use the aria set if you still have it, if you don't upgrade to the level 60 green gear damage set and buy a fire staff of the moon star and buy the staff level 60 recipe from the black smith and craft yourself a moonstar staff and use that. Buy the fire accesories from infernal abyss as they are cheap.

For trophies use the maldonak green and toto's trophy! At lower levels use anything that helps you do damage!

Q. What should my envoy paths be?
A.
Follow the order. Example of our envoy proc's in action! These give a huge boost in damage for wiz and give really good effects when they proc. Forgot to write it in but black is last!

Q. As Wiz/Guns what should my rotation be?
A. Easy when you max speed its meteor ---> auto attack x2 ---> meteor.

Q. What should my stats be?
A. Do not go full hp, or full evasion that is a terrible idea. You want to start off with 30 hp and the rest into def. Later on you can max def with gear alone or minimal points into def, but to start out put 3 into def 1 into hp till you get 30 hp. At level 60 + I like to reach 50-51 % def then pump hp. This does not mean I reset my build to stay at 50-51 % it just means I stop putting points in at that point. Crit I put ten into it then the rest into speed, do not worry about damage. Max speed at 50 % and then make sure your crit is in the 40 % - 55% range. Do not put anymore points into crit if you are at the 45 % + range and have not maxed speed, you are just wasting points at that point.

After 65
Keep your def 65-68 % so it can be max in parties or with floats!

Q. What should my gear be like?
A. If you are gunslinger build you have to go full crit damage and damage gear. By damage gear I mean sets like aria, which you can use at level 50, or level 55 elemental gear. Leveling up you should just grab the green damage gear. Other subclasses can grab some hp gear and speed gear to help you cap speed. But I emphasize all wizards should use dmg gear!! Your end game gear should be the demon hood and the Baphomets Assualt armor ( the revelation helmet and body is good till you get those) and then the yellow level 65 gear that increases attack speed and crit damage. Perihelion's Belt of Exile , Dullas Biting Grasp and Leon's Bloody Footsteps. This gives you 55 % crit damage and the activation of the set path which gives 50 % normal attack casting speed. This is op as it lets you constantly rotate meteor with two auto attacks. You also will need the varis, wade and sloars, for accessories, they will increase flame damage, hp,def and damage. These accessories will make meteor hit much higher.

Q. What should my endgame staff be? Also what are good staffs to use along the way?

Your endgame staff should be the arcane staff at 130 %. MAKE SURE TO CRAFT YOUR STAFF NOCTURNAL! If you cannot it is okay to use the gun as nocturnal. Ideally however you want to aim for 120 % +. This staff is stronger than the level 65 ones, because for one it is actually obtainable with a fire element, unlike the crazy rng and gold required to get a 140 % perfect fire 65 staff.
Even then it is stronger because the procs are better. Yes, it is also better than the one at the black smith! Here is why.

The staff of the stars comes with 25 % crit damage on bosses, which is completely useless because with your sub wep you should have max crit dmg anyway.

Arcane staff comes with 10 % damage against bosses. This will apply everytime.

Now we have two proc one of which is a proc on the staff of the stars that deals 80 % bonus damage, with a chance of 8 %. So we can assume that every 10 hits we get a proc.

The arcane staff has a proc of dot damage. 2403 damage for 15 seconds. If we have 50 % crit rate half of those will crit and it will be 7209 (assuming max crit damage) for half of them.

Lets go down to the basics, every ten hits on the arcane is 100% of your damage on a boss gauranteed. While the stars is going to give you 80 % more damage in 10 hits. We can already see that its stronger.

Then lets factor in the damage for the dot. For 15 seconds its going to tick half 2403 and half 7209 assuming 50 % crit rate and 300% crit damage. 15/0.8 =18.75 So we can assume it will tick 18 times in 15 seconds. Now half at 2403 = 18/2 = 9 x 2403 = 21627 + 9 x 7209 = 86508 total damage. So 100% more damage + 86.5k damage (arcane staff) is less than 80 % damage proc (staff of the stars)? No it is not.
Do not forget you could waste your proc on a normal attack, in which case it is not as good as a boost!
Either way both are good.
Staffs to use along the way is the mina's staff, you can get the zaahirs staff for 85g and time. Also, you can use the green ones.

Q. What should be my endgame pistols?
A. Wiz/Gunslinger should make the soul piecing level 60 weapons and have whatever pistol you need for that particular moment! There are a lot of cores you can use.
This provides the most dps possible. It gives you 25 % crit dmg on bosses and provides a proc similar to zeal for EVERY skill you use!
Q. What trophies should I use?
A. The two trophies you want to use are Ancient Fang of the Fire Dragon, and Malodnak's Dark Claw. Caroline's Intent is a good alternative for soloing!
You can craft crit but ideal is dmg and hp! This goes for everything!
This claw is like a miniature version of zeal, it has a 10 % chance to make you proc 45 % damage on you next hit! That is essentially half of your damage as extra damage as a pretty constant proc. The fire fang powers up your spammy meteor even more making you a killing machine. It is a devastating combo!

For solo mode!

Caroline's trophy provides really good stats and top of that has an amazing proc of life steal of 5 % for 15 seconds! I've hit bosses and had it up for the entirety of the fight. Using this it makes you very hard to kill.

Q. What should the stats be on my secret stones?
A. You need to grab crit dmg 4 % or 6 % depending on your budget!!! Grab meteor range + 5 (you can get it from the wizard trainer) and upgrade that. But all your secret stones should have 6 % damage. End game you want crit dmg +6 % and dmg 2%. I personally use dmg reduction -2 % and hp 2 %, it is preference however.

Q. Which ultimate skills should I have set up?
A. For wiz gunslinger it is. Only your first ulti should change with your secondary sub class change. For Wizard gunslinger having the first mastery is a must, anything else and you are losing dps. It is precision bombardment which lowers def by 10 %. The third ulti is the molten meteor mastery which increase crit rate of meteor by 15 % this is a must. The rest are self explanatory.

Q. Eidolons?
A. You have to get Bel-Chandra or Uzuriel! Both of them buff crit damage and crit rate for the party. Both give 20% crit damage and almost 10 % crit rate at level 55! This area is preference however, and you can use what you like. Just please don't use giga's lol.

Q. I'm having trouble surviving as a gun wiz, how can I survive till i get the life steal guns at higher levels?
A. You are in luck! There is a gun before that you can use for solo and survivability reasons!

This gun can be crafted from the master gunslinger from navea for 100 tokens! It has the amazing ability to steal hp based on your damage.

Here is an example!

As you can see I healed 1327 from the meteor, the more enemies the more you heal. It is extremely effective.
Q. I am a wiz/sorc, how should I build my stats and gear?
A. When going wizard/sorc you have to make sure you have enough speed. 40 % crit is enough when using bel chandra and all the crit passives from your envoy's. So, just go with full

Q. What should the element of my weapons and armor be?
When you craft fire element you get 25 % damage increase to the element. You must always keep your element as fire. Armor is 25 % damage reduction.
DO NOT USE FIRE GEAR!! Use the element violent or holy or dark, craft the element of armor you need for bosses that are tough.

Q. Fishing gear?

You need the full damage yellow fishing gear it gives you tons of damage. You have to use the green then the epic then go on to the yellow using the strudy set with armor rod then royal rainbow rod and then yellow gear.

Videos

This is my wiz soloing level 60 eidolons.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E3yLk0gVVw&feature=youtu.be
Soloing skandia lure!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkXsdBgIjMg&feature=youtu.be
Wiz solo deeps cavern Hard! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qv2a2J8O3M&feature=youtu.be
Feel free to ask more.
Advertisement

TopHeals

Rank 1
TopHeals
PostedJan 14, 2014 7:59 pm   Last edited by TopHeals on Mar 02, 2014 9:34 pm. Edited 1 time in total
Thumbs up any wizard should follow this original guide. Taught the whole wizard section to make similar guides.

acemaloof

Rank 2
acemaloof
PostedJan 14, 2014 8:00 pm   Last edited by acemaloof on Feb 10, 2014 1:19 am. Edited 1 time in total
Edit: We no longer have to take a tank into IH because this guy can kite and outheal mob damage. Gg. #1 wiz in Hydra

bon.cabuco

Rank 0
bon.cabuco
PostedJan 14, 2014 8:12 pm
Finally! I have been looking for a guide like this. I'll be waiting for your Envoy's path. Thanks for the guide.

mpascoal

Rank 0
mpascoal
PostedJan 14, 2014 8:26 pm
I'm thiking between Sorcerer and Duelist, but these guide is really good. Thanks Very Happy

jotasnake

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
jotasnake
PostedJan 14, 2014 8:33 pm
This is a good guide for those interested in following the Wizard/Guns combination but some of those things you mention, i should point out, are directed for that combination and wouldn't work out so well in the Sorc or Bard combination so do keep that in mind anyone who wants to follow it.

Good job Wink

HonorLives

Rank 1
HonorLives
PostedJan 14, 2014 9:31 pm
Yes, that is true which is why I leave it open to questions. I didn't want to write a comprehensive guide and have it forgotten or targeted at the wrong area, alternately I would prefer to simply answer questions as they come.

AuraGalaxy

Rank 1
AuraGalaxy
PostedJan 14, 2014 9:37 pm
Thanks for sharing the info.

Yes I have some questions for you Smile I actually got this theory from another thread here.

(For Wizard/Guns)
1. Why not invest 100% in HP instead? Do you think Equips alone will give us enough DEF in the future?(lvl 60+)

2. I know for the Envoy path, lots of people spend the points at the lower half(Lower-right and Lower-left) of the envoy path. However, some people recommend to fill up the "lower-right" part(Obviously because of the meteor SPD) and "upper-left" part(attack spd and lower CD) of the envoy path, therefore would cast more number of attacks(e.g: 4 attacks within 10 secs is better than 2 stronger attacks within 10 secs right?) What do you think about that?

Ace_526

Rank 0
PostedJan 14, 2014 9:52 pm

Nice guide! Anyway

From what I heard previously, the main point of a wiz/gun is to take advantage of all gun skills (traps, -mspd, -DEF if you used ulti and ofc, SPD buff at lv55). And, as noted, CRIT and CRIT DMG are important elements of the class.
It's therefore I chose to listen to a friend's advice and take up CRIT instead (armor and stats). Probably gonna go back to SPD (stats) in the long run though - 43% or so SPD then rely on SPD buff for the rest. Only 1g per; worthwhile for a match of PvP or future dungeons and grinding you don't need SPD anyhow; it's just there.
Though, I question this. 3810 points in SPD after buffing it up to lv56 but only having a 27.87% boost to SPD looks kind of depressing. I wanna know how the SPD points<=>rate mechanisms work. Meanwhile you have 4668 CRIT points out of armor which offer a solid 42.55% CRIT rate - that I like. Is there something I should know/learn? x:

necalt7

Rank 3
necalt7
PostedJan 14, 2014 10:36 pm
Hmm, Im the same level as you and very similar gear score, but I went sorc as sub for pvp reasons. I know its not a pvp game but, but im a pvp nut. Without some kind of accuracy booster you can forget about hitting eva duelists/gunners. Once I drop a Demon seal on them, My team and I can hit them as if they had no eva. I have 50% base crit no speed, like 40k dmg, and i can rotate between icestorm and meteor fairly fine. I dont see how a gun sub class would handle people with massive evasions. The best part about it is that even if the Demon seal miss the debuff and DoT is still applied... Also if you dont mind me asking, what trophies you using

Semi active