isasini

Rank 0
isasini
PostedJan 14, 2014 12:27 am

Loot Drop Rate Chance

So I'd like people to help me with something. I have totally no idea how Loot Drop Rate boosts work in Aura Kingdom. In all the games of the world "drop rate boost" is what heightens the chance that an item will drop, and what's more - rare items drop more often. On another note Aura Kingdom's drop rate system confuses me to the fullest. I met a lot of people since founder's beta up to present open beta and all I heared was "Oh I just used the Advanced Lucky Charm." or "Emm... it just dropped." and so on. Of course I encountered players that were using lots of loot drop rate boosts, but comparing the amount of those who use it to those who aren't, it would be like 1:10.

I, for example, use all the drop boosts that I can, what involves: 5% from Guild, 8% from Envoy's Path, 15% from 5 pieces of armor(I know it's not a max), sometimes 20% from Adv. Lucky Card and x%(if it's even a percentage) from Advanced Lucky Charm. It equals 48% + Adv. Lucky Charm.

What frightens me is that people were acquiring lots and lots of ie. Orange Recipes lv50, Full Eidolon Gaia Keys, 6 items from one elite mob(Skandia) and who knows what else. When asked about what drop boosts do they use, all I got was "adv charm". When asked "Nothing else?", all I got was "is there anything else?". And doesn't matter which time I see it. First, second, tenth, hundreth - I always drop my jaw on the floor and am speechless. Like... how is it possible that you use ONLY the Advanced Lucky Charm and you constantly get Key Fragments, Full Keys, Orange Recipes, Orange Costumes while ie. I got 48% Loot Drop Chance + Adv. Lucky Charm and get... let's see... crests, exp crystals, 10 loyalty tickets - almost all the time.

Anyone got a solution?
Advertisement

rrezz

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
rrezz
PostedJan 14, 2014 12:57 am
Luck

Pretty sure it's just for regular mobs.

Loot "Drop Rate Chance"

Bosses ALWAYS drop loot thus it has no effect.

Drop rate chance only affects the chances a monster will DROP loot such as a regular monster giving you a treasure chest or gear etc.

Has no effect on monsters that already have 100% loot chance.

Thus charms are best because you get 1-3 BONUS Items from the boss/eidolon.

redxbomber

Rank 0
redxbomber
PostedJan 14, 2014 2:02 am
drop rate is just pure luck, not even kidding.

Out of all my skandia runs I've encountered a lot of eidolons and everytime it's an eidolon I'm close to getting 10 frags in or I really want it, I'll use my 24% drop rate set, and an advanced charm (previously used loot cards but ran out, which made 34% drop rate).

A lot of the time I'll get nothing, just symbols of sand and that kinda bs, but the fun part is when people who have no boosts or aren't even using an advanced charm then get a double fragment drop. The worst case was when one person used just an advanced charm and got a triple frag drop, while another person with nothing got a double frag drop. Meanwhile I'm 24% boosted with an advanced charm and I got 5 symbols and 10 loyalty (which is what I seem to always get lately).

I think it's quite bs, drop rate system is so random and ridiculous on this game it's not even funny. I think drop charms should ensure that you get different drops, even if those drops are the same as the two or 3 drops you get normally (i.e. using advanced charm guarantee's 3 different items up to 6 different). I'd absolutely love it if I didn't get 5 OF THE SAME symbols killing an eidolon 24% boosted with a charm.

Sixaxis

Rank 3
Sixaxis
PostedJan 14, 2014 2:49 am
For the Loot Drop Rate, it should work in a similar way to this:

Total increased Drop Rate Bonus: 0%
Monster: <Miasmic Serpent> Quelkulan (Level 60)
Important Drops: <Quelkulan's Key of Gaia> 1% | <Quelkulan's Key Fragments> 10%
**Isasini begins battle! After 20 deaths, she finally defeats Quelkulan!**
Drops: ?? / ?? / ??

Now with your increase~

Total increased Drop Rate Bonus: 48%
Adv. Lucky Charm: 3 Extra item drops
Important Drops: <Quelkulan's Key of Gaia> 1.48% | <Quelkulan's Key Fragments> 14.8%
**Isasini begins battle! After 21 deaths, she finally defeats Quelkulan!**
Drops: ?? / ?? / ?? / ?? / ?? / ??

Soo in conclusion; the Loot Drop Rate gear is hardly worth using on items with a 1-digit drop chance to begin with.

whatchamalcalit

Rank 0
PostedJan 14, 2014 2:54 am
You didn't pray to the RNG gods probably.

Items are supposed to be rare for a reason, especially full key frags or custom mage robes.

Keep in mind once you get a full key fragment you get a eidolon permanently for your whole account! Building up those fragments is just a slow process, some people score 2 frags a day for their favored eidolon, some even score 4. It's all luck for a good reason. .

Keep in mind gambler's fallacy is false, but trying repeatedly always helps Very Happy

ryu3654

Rank 0
ryu3654
PostedJan 14, 2014 4:19 am
Algorithms, my boy

But in all seriousness can a mod actually confirm anything on here is true?

VanillaLotus

Rank 1
VanillaLotus
PostedJan 14, 2014 4:31 am
Sixaxis wrote:
For the Loot Drop Rate, it should work in a similar way to this:

Total increased Drop Rate Bonus: 0%
Important Drops: <Quelkulan's Key of Gaia> 1% | <Quelkulan's Key Fragments> 10%
**Isasini begins battle! After 20 deaths, she finally defeats Quelkulan!**
Drops: ?? / ?? / ??

Now with your increase~

Total increased Drop Rate Bonus: 48%
Adv. Lucky Charm: 3 Extra item drops
Important Drops: <Quelkulan's Key of Gaia> 1.48% | <Quelkulan's Key Fragments> 14.8%
**Isasini begins battle! After 21 deaths, she finally defeats Quelkulan!**
Drops: ?? / ?? / ?? / ?? / ?? / ??

Soo in conclusion; the Loot Drop Rate gear is hardly worth using on items with a 1-digit drop chance to begin with.  

I thank you, kind sir.
I'd rather go treasure charms since they give you extra drops >w<