zerconius

Rank 0
zerconius
PostedJan 11, 2014 8:06 pm   Last edited by zerconius on Feb 04, 2014 2:51 pm. Edited 15 times in total

Wizard/Gunslinger (Leveling and gear farming build)

This build is to painlessly get you to the point where you can get the better endgame gear easier.
Overview
This isn't a build to spam meteors as focusing on that is going to cause issues for you long term. This is more to make skill cooldowns clear faster and allow to to cast better. We will talk about every aspect and this will grow as we get new gear.

EDIT: After looking at my build closer it seems like a hybrid setup between Crit and Speed.

• Stats
  • Envoy's Path
  • Skills
  • Gear
  • Eidolons

Stats

• DMG = Leave at 0 (Acquire damage from gear and Envoy's Path)
  • Crit = Set to 30% on the percent meter
  • Spd = Set to 30% on the percent meter

• HP = Focus all your stats here (We need HP for survival)
  • Def = No points here (Acquire from gear which will be enough)
  • Eva = Leave at 0 as this stat won't help you

Envoy's Path
For the Envoy's Path you want to focus on things that will help you with your character. Acquire Astrology and stat improvement boosts from this. My Envoy's Path looks like this.

Advertisement

zerconius

Rank 0
zerconius
PostedJan 11, 2014 8:11 pm   Last edited by zerconius on Feb 04, 2014 12:45 am. Edited 5 times in total
Skills
We are setup for speed with a decent array of CC skills so they must be utilized. You should be utilizing a stun, immobilize, or slow every other cast to help control the situation. Also, Learning to utilize traps effectively is good for when mobs get in close.

CC Skills

• Piercing Ice (Movement Speed -35%)
  • Ice Storm (Immobilize)
  • Instant Thunder (Stun)
  • Aimed Shot (Movement Speed -30%)

Traps

• Frost Trap (Immobilizes Target)
  • Dark Flare Trap (Reduces target's HP regen rate)

All the other skills are damage oriented skills or buffs.

Gear
This is where you want to focus on more of the defense aspect. Here is what I chose for my gear.

• Damage Taken -X% Secret Stones
  • Max HP +X% (Can go DMG +X% if you don't want as much survival)
  • Higher defense value based gear

Eidolons
Merrilee is the best starter Eidolon for wizard. Below are some recommendations to have an all around setup. You can sub but make sure you have access to the two types mentioned below and swap as needed. DMG reduction comes in handy.

• One DMG reduction Eidolon (ex. Bahadur)
  • One DMG/Crit Eidolon (ex. Bel-Chandra)
  • Starter Eidolon

Adeninax

Rank 0
Adeninax
PostedJan 12, 2014 6:29 am
I'm not wasting envoys points on SPD cuz i prefer to invest them on crit and dmg, i plan to get the spd from stats and spd buf at +55.

I'm focusing on the dmg/crit way also i have activated the +2 meter ranged skills passive to stay safer. I also plan to spint some envoy's points on some Crit dmg.

AuraGalaxy

Rank 1
AuraGalaxy
PostedJan 12, 2014 11:37 am   Last edited by AuraGalaxy on Jan 12, 2014 12:00 pm. Edited 2 times in total
Would appreciate if you could say what kind of problem if we focus solely on spamming meteor?

Btw, by putting your SPD to 30-40% (more precisely, around 37%), and with Gunslinger's SPD buff at lvl 55, your SPD become 50%. And with those envoy's SPD/CD buff, I think your build is good enough for "spamming" meteor as well. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I actually like your stat build, focus on CRIT/SPD/HP.
That means our gears should focus on DMG/DEF am I correct?

For your Envoy Path...hmm. You focus a lot on CD and SPD which is not a bad idea... But I'm afraid you may not deal enough dmg/crit? Would it be better to spend the envoy path points to attack/crit instead? Please advise

AuraGalaxy

Rank 1
AuraGalaxy
PostedJan 12, 2014 11:47 am   Last edited by AuraGalaxy on Jan 12, 2014 11:56 am. Edited 2 times in total
How about this?
What is the pro/cons of the below envoy path compare to OP's envoy path?
Meanwhile, for the build I may still use the same one as OP's (CRIT/SPD/HP)

By: Liu12033(林螃蟹)

lightsage10

Rank 0
PostedJan 12, 2014 11:52 am
I think you should add more information if you want us to understand why this build is good. Reading over it a few times, I'm not seeing much benefit to having HP over Def for instance. Especially on a build that looks to me like a solo CC build.

Looking at your Eidolon choices, it just seems like you're trolling.

Your build also makes a lot of assumptions about endgame content. Mainly gear and what stats will be beneficial for us.

Without a much more detailed guide I'm afraid the only things I can agree with having are Kotonaha as an Eidolon, taking SPD and CRIT over DMG and the bottom half of your Envoy path.

Edit: Aura, your image doesn't seem to load. Sad

AuraGalaxy

Rank 1
AuraGalaxy
PostedJan 12, 2014 11:59 am
lightsage10 wrote:
I think you should add more information if you want us to understand why this build is good. Reading over it a few times, I'm not seeing much benefit to having HP over Def for instance. Especially on a build that looks to me like a solo CC build.

Looking at your Eidolon choices, it just seems like you're trolling.

Your build also makes a lot of assumptions about endgame content. Mainly gear and what stats will be beneficial for us.

Without a much more detailed guide I'm afraid the only things I can agree with having are Kotonaha as an Eidolon, taking SPD and CRIT over DMG and the bottom half of your Envoy path.

Edit: Aura, your image doesn't seem to load. Sad  

Image fixed Smile

SPD must be at least 35%+. So that when I use the Gunslinger speed buff at lvl 55+, I can have 50% SPD.

The reason why he put HP instead of DEF was because you can get DEF from gears...(but I'm like, why not the other way around?)

personally i was deciding between:

CRIT/SPD/HP
or
CRIT/SPD/DEF
or
DMG/SPD/HP
or
DMG/SPD/DEF

Leaning more toward the first 2: CRIT/SPD/?

If OP is correct about the "better survivability" for investing HP. Then I may probably go for CRIT/SPD/HP. Survivability is quite important to me.

lightsage10

Rank 0
PostedJan 12, 2014 12:22 pm
Whoops. My post was mostly directed at Zerc. He didn't give near enough information to make me think his build was viable outside of CC focus.

And your image loads now. Lol.

SPD/CRIT/DEF is what I'm going for. I'm holding off on resetting my Attack Stats until we get more content so I can find a balance to stay at 50% SPD. Right now, I'm either at or just under it depending on gear when buffed. There's also stat foods to take into account as well. I will be testing out CRIT vs DMG once we get more content too. But I plan to stay SPD capped no matter the results from that.

For your Envoy Path, It seems like you're spreading your points a little thin. But once you decide on your Atk Stat build that'll even out.

Edit: I ran HP and Def in the CBT. Def has been a lot more effective than HP. I'll be Def capping then putting leftover points in HP. Or Eva if my gear warrants it. I take far less damage than I did with higher health. Because high HP just means the healer has to heal you more when you get hit.

semik27

Rank 0
semik27
PostedJan 12, 2014 12:56 pm
Im using wiz/gun aswell. i think u shouldnt use all ur points on hp. U can't reach 75% def cap without using points on def. Also +2 range on skills, % dmg for staff, % crit dmg , % dmg envoys far better than hp and spd ones imo.

it will be like 100-110k dmg, 60% crit rate, 50% spd, 75% def and 44-55k hp with the ''correct'' endgame gear.

AuraGalaxy

Rank 1
AuraGalaxy
PostedJan 12, 2014 1:30 pm
So any good ratio for HP and DEF ratio? Assuming that we need to spend points in both HP and DEF...