IkamiruXE

Rank 0
PostedJan 11, 2014 10:58 am   Last edited by IkamiruXE on Jan 14, 2014 7:37 am. Edited 5 times in total

[GUIDE] Duelist/Gunslinger DOT Trapper [CRIT,SPD|HP,EVA]

Death from afar and nearby
Duelist/Gunslinger DOT Trapper

Build has been updated after receiving Critism/Support.

Why crit and not damage:
Comprehensive Stat Analysis: Crit vs. DMG
by imakebirdiescry

Welcome to my guide for Duelist Gunslinger.

The stats you level for this guide are as followed:
50/50 SPD, CRT
50/50 HP, EVA

Gear
With gear try focusing on SPD CRT and DEF.
Your Evasion point distribution should give you a high EVA and your items will give you the required DEF.

Eidolon
I would go for Sigrun mainly because she provides you with enough tankiness to survive.
Also when you are in a pinch don't forget to use Eidolon Taunt.
This will shift the aggro to the Eidolon.

Why Gunslinger as subclass
You may think there are better classes for Duelist.
That may be true if you want to use all the skills.
But for this build we put our damage in DOT and Crit.
The only reason we are using Gunslinger is for the Traps.

OMG IKAMIRU U SO NOOB Y U ONLY USE GUNSLINGER FOR TRAPS.
LURN 2 PLAY U SCRUB.

Well.. let me explain.

1 Dark Flare Trap gives us DOT damage DOT can CRIT (not 100% sure) and this is AOE
2 Frost Trap gives us an IMMOBILIZE which we can use to run away in **** situations

These things can be used really well since we are MELEE meaning we can make our target stay inside the traps.

Why do you go for SPD,CRT|HP,EVA
We go SPD CRT because SPD increases the rate of which our DOT's are applied.
Also the time in which you can use your Purple Lightning will be quicker.

Why do you choose EVA instead of DEF?

Because with EVA you can deny stuns with DEF you can't. Stunned = Less Damage = Less Survivabillity.

Why don't we go 100% HP we get defences from our armour anyway.

You make a good point but HP efficiency is not only calculated by the amount of HP you have but also by the amount of defences you have.

Envoy Path [LVL 50]

Ultimate skills
Image from http://reyva.com/simulators/akcs

Common
Cracking Slash
Fortify to give the skill DPS (our main damage source)

Offensive
Callousness
Gives us more CRT and CRT DMG.

Advanced
Lightning Strike
Gives us more DPS

Defensive
Extreme Speed
Gives us extra Movement speed and Evasion

Tactical
Break Defense
Gives us e
xtra DPS

Special
Aurora Whirl for Defensive
(3% of DMG RECEIVED added to HP during skill)
Whirling Guns and Blades
Extra DOT DPS

Gunner Skills to Take
Gunner Combo skill
Decoy
Turns an enemy into an ally for X time
Dark Flare Trap
Does AOE DOT damage
Frost Trap
Imobilizes Enemy and does AOE DOT damage
[b]
Advertisement

Bliss42

Rank 0
Bliss42
PostedJan 11, 2014 11:05 am
makes sense, and you might have convinced me to go gunslinger, i originally was going for ravager as sub, but i dont really use sub skills and only using two at a close range is really smart, but im srry though im sticking to my crit/def build i rlly like it and sticking to my envoy path, but ty for the advice btw im strictly pve no pvp, as i assume your build and envoy path is geared towards pvp as you made the argument about avoiding stuns and all

IkamiruXE

Rank 0
PostedJan 11, 2014 11:10 am
Bliss42 wrote:
makes sense, and you might have convinced me to go gunslinger, i originally was going for ravager as sub, but i dont really use sub skills and only using two at a close range is really smart, but im srry though im sticking to my crit/def build i rlly like it and sticking to my envoy path, but ty for the advice btw im strictly pve no pvp, as i assume your build and envoy path is geared towards pvp as you made the argument about avoiding stuns and all  

It is not geared towards PVP.
It is a build thats good for both later in Party Dungeons Stuns occur like every 10 seconds or so and without evasion this is a pain in the arse.

satoor9

Rank 0
satoor9
PostedJan 11, 2014 11:13 am
-75% is when you are immobilized not when you are stunned.

Also Traps Are killers in 1vs1 same with sleep but both will be countered once dream state actually get fixed since atm DREAM state NEVER Proc.

Eva is good atm cuz many people are low lvl with not much acc but once people get +20% acc even capped eva will be worthless if used alone .

Dot Doesnt crit for duelist their skill however does.

IkamiruXE

Rank 0
PostedJan 11, 2014 11:53 am
satoor9 wrote:
-75% is when you are immobilized not when you are stunned.

Also Traps Are killers in 1vs1 same with sleep but both will be countered once dream state actually get fixed since atm DREAM state NEVER Proc.

Eva is good atm cuz many people are low lvl with not much acc but once people get +20% acc even capped eva will be worthless if used alone .

Dot Doesnt crit for duelist their skill however does.  

I was informed that DOT does CRT do you have a source of whether this is true or not and thanks for the heads-up about the immobilize I did not read correctly this will require some updating.

As for the EVA this is more based on PVE not PVP which is the miss-understanding here.
And the reason its 50/50 HP EVA is because of that.
The HP Regen from skills will help you keep yourself from dieng.

Kenjichu

Rank 3
Kenjichu
PostedJan 11, 2014 4:33 pm
EVA will be useless in the near future, as future mobs / monsters will always keep hitting, thus increasing the difficulty.. which makes sense in a Story MMO. Oh, also to mention people who play this game to PvP will have ACC, so..

DoTs does crit.

Knowing that this is geared towards PvE, I think you're good to go but are you gonna cap anything out by equipment? From what I like to say, EVA has a relatively small number to be able to cap out so investing it into EVA is wasteful. IMO. You can cap DEF by Equipments, but you have to spend some cash to go beyond +10, I think. Since you need Blue scrolls to do so. I need confirmation on that. Usually, players that are experienced (e.g TW, HK), they would do that and invest in HP. HP + DEF seems more efficient and EVA can be "almost" capped out later in the game where trophies would give insane EVA.

The only bad side I see about this is that if there is a Gunslinger Main in the party, and say you're fighting a boss ; his will only work. Though if you're fighting a mob, its nice.

InanimateObject

Rank 3
InanimateObject
PostedJan 11, 2014 4:40 pm

Re: [GUIDE] Duelist/Gunslinger DOT Trapper [CRIT,SPD|HP,EVA]

IkamiruXE wrote:

1. We get reduced damage when laying traps.  

I thought the damage reduction was only for main-class Gunslingers? That was what I was told, anyway. :s
(If it works for sub GS too though, that'd be pretty nifty.)

IkamiruXE

Rank 0
PostedJan 11, 2014 6:05 pm
Kenjichu wrote:
The only bad side I see about this is that if there is a Gunslinger Main in the party, and say you're fighting a boss ; his will only work. Though if you're fighting a mob, its nice.  

I´ve been in parties with multiple Gunslingerers and as far as I know the Dark Flare Trap stacks. The freezing one doesn´t like you said.

InanimateObject wrote:
IkamiruXE wrote:

1. We get reduced damage when laying traps.  

I thought the damage reduction was only for main-class Gunslingers? That was what I was told, anyway. :s
(If it works for sub GS too though, that'd be pretty nifty.)  

You might be right. I will check into that.

EDIT:
Not quite sure about it it says Gunslingers will get reduced damage but I'm not sure if this only applies to main or also to sub-class when confirmed it doesn't work I will change the guide around.

Kenjichu

Rank 3
Kenjichu
PostedJan 11, 2014 6:21 pm
Oh they do?
That's interesting.. but nonethless great.

MrRaven.

Legendary Founder: Scarlet Blade
MrRaven.
PostedJan 12, 2014 7:59 am
Sorry but they do not stack. The higher level trap will be the only one ticking. You can easily see this ingame. And no, the trap protection does not apply to sub classes.