kupokupokup

Rank 0
PostedJan 10, 2014 11:07 pm   Last edited by kupokupokup on Jan 15, 2014 12:31 am. Edited 8 times in total

Duelist/Ravager Double Trouble Guide(IN PROGRESS)

Hello the names Bravera, you can find me in Hydra server channel 7!
Testing different builds for Duelist/Ravager ill keep this updated on what i find.
Im going to explain my different builds and there pros and cons. ^_^
This is for Post lvl 50, you should be doing quests until level 50.

-----------------------------------Tank Build-----------------------------------
THIS IS MY PVE BUILD, MEANT FOR BEING TANKY, AND OCCASIONALLY BEING A TANK IF U HAVE A GOOD BARD. YOU WILL NOT BE TWOSHOT BY BOSSES WITH THIS.

----------------------------------- Why Tank?-----------------------------------
Ok let me explain, Duelist is surprisingly tanky if you cap out your Defense And HP with gear and stats. You will say, but duelist has no tank skills Shocked WRONG!
There are Three main skills you will be using!
----------------------------------- Skills!-----------------------------------
Slash Cut: Being the Duelist main skill, this skill has many uses, I use it to AOE mobs, or as a filler while my harder hitting skills are on cooldown.
Cross Slash: This is your main form of DPS in PVE, Get 5 stacks then use your hard hitting skills.
Dancing Balisong: This is your BNB, Learn to love this skill
One of the ultimate forms of your ravager skill will reduce the damage of attacks by 8%, this skill is important to use when fighting boss monsters. (sorry server is down cant see skill)
Also, you will have two stuns, this is good to use right after a boss uses a RED skill, gives your Bard time to get everyone to 100% HP.
(im lazy, ill finish this later)

-----------------------------------Offense Stats:-----------------------------------
Ok Ill give you some Hard Info on DPS. I did not make this, all credits to imakebirdiescry
http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=2156481
Personally I prefer Crit for PVE, because you can get CRIT DAMAGE to bosses easily.
-----------------------------------Defense Stats-----------------------------------
Hp and Def are both Viable, as a tank u dont want to rely on evasion.
I choose HP cuz i like to see big numbers. Very Happy
Defense works cuz its easier to heal 22k HP then 30k HP
-----------------------------------Envoy's Path-----------------------------------

I took the DMG % path, then the Crit % Path, grabbing any ultimate along the Way.
Currently going down the DEF%/HP% Path.
It is absolutely mandatory to get the skill that Absorbs 3% of damage dealt as HP.
-----------------------------------Weapon-----------------------------------
Im currently using the Crafted 50 Weapon, this one is just as strong as the Meiras one. This one is better for PVE, it gives 25% Crit Damage to Bosses.
-----------------------------------Explanation-----------------------------------
When I had this build, i had, 44% Damage reduction, 50% including ultimates/trophy/Set Effects
30k HP, 24.6k DAMAGE.
I can spam Dancing Balisong, my Heal skill every 5 seconds, this heals a Base 2200 HP, and 3% of damage dealt
or a total of about 5-6k HP, If 3-4 mobs are hit with this, it will heal me from 1% to 100% HP.
I stack my DOT, Cross Slash, 5 deep, the DOT deals 2300*5 stacks per second.
I can currently Tank TOTO in HELLL, with a good bard, considering he is probably one of the Hardest bosses in the game right now, and im not even close to finishing my gear, id say this is OP. Thanks this guide is nowhere close to finish and end game is nowhere in sight ;D
Advertisement

kupokupokup

Rank 0
PostedJan 10, 2014 11:08 pm
Reserved

kupokupokup

Rank 0
PostedJan 10, 2014 11:08 pm
Reserved

kupokupokup

Rank 0
PostedJan 12, 2014 7:19 am
Reserved

risenfallonce

Rank 0
risenfallonce
PostedJan 12, 2014 9:55 am
Hows this build in PVP?

satoor9

Rank 0
satoor9
PostedJan 12, 2014 12:13 pm
i should have gone duelist /ravager or duelist /guardian

currently i have 95% eva 55% def -85% CRIT dmg reduction.

im using duelist/bard only problem is my hp at 15k lol.

nator316

Rank 2
nator316
PostedJan 12, 2014 1:05 pm
Pro cons against picking sorcer or gunslinger

IGN: Notaria Sorcerer/Wizard lv 5X Server: Siren Guild: Forgotten

Kenjichu

Rank 3
Kenjichu
PostedJan 12, 2014 2:42 pm
Why invest 3 points into CRIT when you're basically investing all in ATK?
I don't think 3 points in CRIT in beneficial at any point.

kupokupokup

Rank 0
PostedJan 12, 2014 9:18 pm
I have a pvp set, its ok i guess because, you have two gap closers, two stuns, and with a good weapon good burst damage too. I mean, its not game changing, cant beat guns+heals, i dont think anyone beats guns+bards qq, but ive had some very close matches in 1v1 i think this a very strong 1v1 build. As for the 3 Crit i think that was a accident lol

xo_stradivarius

Rank 0
xo_stradivarius
PostedJan 12, 2014 9:23 pm
hello there, im using your build and it did turn out to be good, lv 49 atm.

im taking my subclass when 48, i did not have subclass from 40-47.

can you explain what 2 skills that stuns? (i only know the 5.6s one, is it bouldering smash?)

and if you mind i'd like to know your skill rotation.

thanks!