banites

Rank 0
PostedJan 10, 2014 10:15 pm

Malice

Why do it keep losing aggro T_T
Well as the topic says, im doing those lvl 50 dgns and i noticed quite alot i lose agro. specially to bards/sorcs. i got the +50 malice envoy and im full speed build. have it to 30ish percent. am i doing something wrong? rotation, damage or im missing something?
Advertisement

mackarels

Rank 0
mackarels
PostedJan 10, 2014 10:23 pm
Don't worry, even I tend to lose mobs sometimes.

It's probably because of the positioning of the mobs. Some mobs moved faraway from you and prevent getting hit by thunder cut, the only AOE malice inducing skill (beside terrifying roar). Shield bash is one target skill only (unless you use that shield bash upgrade from the ultimate skill)

One reason, is that you plainly forgot that your malice inducing skills are ready but you kept using the subclass skills, which do not have malice bonus. I'm guilty of this every single day (especially if a certain class is not in the party)

Another reason is that your partymate don't have an envoy skill that reduces malice...probably.

In any case always use terrifying roar if you have the chance, followed by thunder cut.

banites

Rank 0
PostedJan 10, 2014 10:30 pm
Ohhh okay. Im sub-class bard and i thought that using Bard's DoT and AoE Stun would help out on the malice since of the high damage potential i guess i was wrong, I should have just using my guardian skills then.

Also, does all guardian skills generate more aggro?

mackarels

Rank 0
mackarels
PostedJan 10, 2014 10:40 pm
terrifying roar - mass provocation for 4sec + malice
thunder cut - frontal AOE malice inducing skill
shield bash - single target (can be upgraded to...small or medium frontal AOE through ultimate skill)

sword slash is damage + tanking capabilities, windfury is a...screwed line AOE with no malice inducing skill (but definitely good for dodging red circles)

eiqenderes

Rank 0
eiqenderes
PostedJan 10, 2014 10:47 pm
bosses tend to lose aggro, usually when they are casting those red area skills.

and, usually they would change their target to your most damaging DPS, and (some) put the red carpet exactly below their feet.

at this time, use roar to regain control and save your DPS's face

actually this is pretty good IMO

if the boss never loses aggro, and keep attacking you like a raging bull, and your DPS team can spank him non stop without worrying anything, this game wouldn't be so interesting.

love it when random dumb ppl died because they didn't avoid the red carpet, wtfraged, and start blaming the bard and tank.
making them more dumb-looking.

banites

Rank 0
PostedJan 10, 2014 10:49 pm
Spam thunder cut it is then! haha Thanks!

Ahh yeah i usually lose agro for like 1-2 seconds.. just hurts if i used roar then boss were out of the AoE because of chasing >.<

mackarels

Rank 0
mackarels
PostedJan 10, 2014 11:02 pm
Other reasons you lose aggro.

1) Your team is so good at button smashing the skill slot while you're not.
2) Eidolons. Sigrun and gigas are guilty of doing this

banites

Rank 0
PostedJan 10, 2014 11:06 pm

--Thanks for the encouragement.

Synapseudo

Rank 3
Synapseudo
PostedJan 11, 2014 3:19 pm
banites wrote:

--Thanks for the encouragement.  

Well it's just a possibility. You can always improve if you're not the best, but frankly I'm having difficulties with aggro myself so I can't really say much.

I like to think of it this way: As long as my DPS members are relatively up to date with their gear, the better I hold aggro while my DPS members attacks the back of the boss, the more likely I am to lose aggro because they're going to out DPS my aggro soon. Of course, I could just be bad at holding aggro in general, I'm not used to this kind of aggro system.

mackarels

Rank 0
mackarels
PostedJan 11, 2014 7:26 pm
I just went into deep cavern with a party and I always tend to lose the aggro on bosses from around 3 secs to the duelist and sometimes to the bard.

What's important is to regain the boss' attention to you asap. This will prove how good you are at tanking.

Now, if only there are items/equipment that increases malice, it will make our lives easier