rengokun

Rank 0
rengokun
PostedJan 10, 2014 10:11 pm

Experimental Build Ravager/Wizard speculation

Hey guys,
I'll say in advanced that this isn't a sure-fire great build. I don't know if there IS such a thing since every combination has it's pros and cons. This may not work for you, and if there's any issues you see I strongly urge constructive criticism. Thanks!

The idea behind this build is to focus on Crit, and strange as it may sound, Fire damage.
I say that - and it may be a mistake for me to ride on just one skill here - because of the Ravager's Envoy skill (the name of which I can't remember at this point in time) that gives +10% Fire damage.
Part of me also believes this kind of build will be useful for solo play, but I haven't used it long enough to be able to factually say that.

Ravager Envoy skills would be focused on +Crit rate, +Damage, +Crit damage, the +10% Flame Damage one. Anything else I do see as optional, but some may be universally useful, such +25% Damage when your opponent is <X% Hp (I forgot the name of that Envoy skill too, sorry. I'd check in game, but it's down for maint as I write this.)

The Wizard skills I'd see as useful would be:
Firebolt - Staple Fire damage. Asides from general damage use, I'd also think that, given the somewhat-brittle nature of a low-defense Ravager, they can't hang around around powerful Boss AoE's. So having Firebolt, perhaps alternating with Flame Slash, may be worth using to keep up distanced DPS.

Blessing - Healing, of course. Though the effect to do +25% Damage to elementals should also prove to be helpful with damage.

Meteor - Nuking fire skill. It's use would practically be the same as any standard Wizard.

Energy Coalescence - +20% Crit damage is just good, and is arguably better for a Ravager, than it's own party buff - +HP

----
As far as Stat building goes, I'd only speculate either:
Full Crit/Full HP
40 Crit/x Damage/30-40 HP/x Defense

As viable. The latter build is the one I'm using at the moment.

I know I've not included any ultimate skills, though I think they should be chosen at the user's discretion based on what they feel is more suited for them at the time.
---
Well, that's all for now. Please do give some feedback! Positive is good, negative is better. As long as it's constructive of course.
Advertisement

235aero

Rank 0
PostedJan 10, 2014 11:32 pm
As a rav/wiz, that's basically the envoy's path and build I went for, except I passed over damage (left path) for crits (bottom path). I also went for the first stat build, the full crit and full hp build. One difference I did, however, was go for Armor of Thorns (5% def -> crit + 10% damage reduction from bosses). Right now, I'm focusing on stacking crit damage, using a crafted Argus's Heart and a crafted Fia's, for boss damage potential (which covers one of the weaknesses I note below).

At level 53, I've noticed that this build has a LOT of potential options. You can fight from ranged with your two ranged skills and the wizard path. You have two jumps which both do decent damage (and one is an AoE stun). You have your own heal which can shed a debuff and can get you back faster fighting from a corpse (not mentioning the damage boost, which is situationally awesome). You've got two slows which stack, and the ravager stunlock combo of raging -> horizontal -> raging ad nauseum. There's a ton of utility you can work with in battle here.

A couple cons: No ability for pvp. Combo skills can burst you down really hard faster than you can. Though, I've yet to experiment for group pvp here.

Single target damage potential very limited. One dot is all you have, and your major AoE's have a cd of a lot.

I might write more on this as I foray more into the lategame, but if you feel like talking with me, drop Athene a whisper on the Siren server!

somefratboynava

Rank 0
somefratboynava
PostedJan 11, 2014 1:29 am

New Build

Hi I am OUTLAW and I used this build in the founder testing period and it's awesome.

I support Rav/Sorc 100%!

There are a few key skills that I chose, I decided to use reflect, defense boost, and damage gains in the skill trees. The skills you gain from sorc as a secondary class coupled with life leech weapon/skills is perfect for soloing and you can go all the way to the top! I have only used the two skills gained from the crossover and mained the rest of the skills to enhance the primary class.

Find me in game if you have questions friends.

jamesbrown1103

Rank 0
PostedApr 08, 2014 8:50 am
Just wondering if anyone can recommend good beginner eidoloins to use for Rav/Wiz.
Couldn't find a conclusive guide to Rav/Wiz.. So any tips would be great!

I'm currently running with Grim to increase my overal DPS, but i'm starting to figure that eidoloins DPS just isnt working.. Haha.. So i'm looking to finding a tanker, possibly gonna try out Gigas and see how that goes..

Any thoughts anyone?

TopHeals2

Rank 1
PostedApr 08, 2014 10:40 am
I've already tested a flame slash fire build, it's pointless and so is wizard sub. Fireball isn't going to be used as a Ravager, especially after Rage comes out, so isn't meteor, nor does prayer give you 25% elemental damage unless you're a wizard main.

jamesbrown1103

Rank 0
PostedApr 08, 2014 9:04 pm
Oh man...
I got rav/wiz mainly cos ur guide was saying who stuns first wins.. haha..
So I was gunning this char for pvp.. and I was gonna make a bard for pve play..
So should I juz delete this char and remake now? Im lvl 46, havent tried pvp yet, so im still largely unsure..

TheDarx

Twin Saga Gold Founder
TheDarx
PostedApr 10, 2014 8:18 am
I recently changed to wiz-sub with my ravager/duelist.

Personally said, it's not that bad. The Instant Thunder doesn't have a nasty casting time of 3secs, Meteor does great dmg as AOE and you also have RP to get rid of nasty debuffs.

I don't use the other skills much, since they're nearly pointless. The 20% critdamage buff is pointless as well, since you'll easily hit 300% critdamage with ravager without that.

My conclusion is: it's better than duelist sub, since you'll easily reach critdamage anyways. The cooldown of Meteor is long, roughly 34secs unless you're a SPD-build. It's nice to have a 2 more attacks to use on mobs. Soaring, RoundNround, Flame Slash, Meteor, Instant Thunder... and Raging Slash for the single targets. Enough skills to use.

The only other sub I would recommend is Rav/Gunslinger, because of the traps and SpeedBuff.