ArcaneSpecter

Rank 2
ArcaneSpecter
PostedJan 09, 2014 4:51 pm   Last edited by ArcaneSpecter on Jan 09, 2014 7:09 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Tutorial Costumes and Costume List!

(+Tutorial ON costumes!)
The few of you who have seen the (outdated) costume list of AK posted on the Taiwanese forums will remember that costumes come in "styles" and "tiers" of sorts.

I will only be using the above one as an example of this (since there are obviously more), but it should be enough to illustrate my point.

The first line on the top is a "style" (as I have come to refer to them), and the bottom one is a different one. Among costume styles, each costume seems to be a different 'tier' and look somewhat more elaborate than the last.

From the image I showed, we (or rather, I) only current see three of them within our version. The Engineer's Suit (first one of the top line), which is a starting costume, the Futuristic Suit (second one of the top line), and the Aristocratic Suit (first one of the second line).

Those of you who have played Grenadiers, or looked at them during the character creation screen, will probably recognize the fourth outfit of the first line, though. That would be the Grenadier's tutorial outfit as illustrated right above, and just like any other costume, can be found in-game, but at somewhat late levels. That said, in my first image you can see that the Grenadier's is, actually, not the last tier of its 'style'

Personally, I'm a bit fond of some of these costumes, but their availability seems to be very uneven throughout the game. From what I've seen (I could be wrong, obviously), only the Wizard's Tutorial Outfit is currently within the game, under the name of Inferno Wizard/Witch's Robe.

This seems a bit irregular, but if you've been following my awkward 'tier' system for costumes, you'll probably understand once you see the following image.

As you can see, the costume that Wizards wear as they go through the tutorial firsthand is only the second tier in its "style", and right below, you can see that the Sorcerer's is actually the second-to-last of its own, behind what appears to be a gender-locked one.

The reason of why Wizards seem to earn theirs a bit earlier is because the 'tier' system I've been describing doesn't seem to only apply to complexity, but also how soon within the game you'd earn it, be it through quests or monster drops, all costumes seem to be following a balanced 'levelling' of their own in terms of complexity, even if they are not necessarily better than the ones before them (i.e. none of them give any stats, of course.)

This thread has three objectives;

Initially, to show how some of the costumes seem to work within the game, following a basic style and becoming more intricate or changing their motif as they go, but retaining their basic silhouette.
Note: I will post the rest of the styles if it's requested by anyone, though I believe some people have already seen them.

Apart from that, however, I'd like to use this thread to try and pinpoint where the rest of the outfits shown during the tutorial may be found during regular gameplay, if by any means possible. I personally would really want to give certain ones of those to my characters.

As a final point, though, I'd like to ask moderators (if any at all read this) if there is any way to give some priority to the costumes found in the tutorial for them to appear within the game before more quests are implemented (in a pay-less method, if possible). This is obviously unlikely, since China nor any of the other versions would have received this quirk, but given how these are the very first outfits that the game shows to the players, I think it's also nice if the players themselves are able to find them in-game and actually say "Hey, this is what I saw during the tutorial! I liked how it looked!"

Keep in mind that the last petition I've made is only ther ein case the costumes are not avaliable now or within the next few updates (before or after public release, that is), so in the event that they already are, please let me know and ignore the last paragraph.

Needless to say at this point, I take fashion very seriously.
Advertisement

kemzanbr

Rank 0
PostedJan 09, 2014 5:59 pm
I'm requesting those pictures xD.
Great info btw.

ArcaneSpecter

Rank 2
ArcaneSpecter
PostedJan 09, 2014 6:27 pm
1st; Contains Wizard and Sorcerer tutorial costumes.

2nd; Contains Grenadier tutorial costume.

3rd; Contains Ravager, Katar Class and Guardian tutorial costumes.

4th; Contains Bard and Duelist tutorial costumes.

5th; Contains Gunslinger tutorial costume (Bottom row are cash shop outfits).

By looking at how costumes tweak as they advance in 'tier' can really show where some more basic versions are coming from.

Of course, the motif doesn't always stay the same. A clear example would be how the Sorcerer's costume looks sinister and witch-like in relation to the Priestly robes that come three tiers before it.

Additionally, please keep in mind that this list is outdated. Even in our current version, a handful of new costumes have already been (and will continue to be) released.

ArcaneSpecter

Rank 2
ArcaneSpecter
PostedJan 09, 2014 7:43 pm
I hope I'm allowed to bump this, because I just did.