Skunk.

Rank 0
Skunk.
PostedJan 09, 2014 3:33 am

[illegal tag]

Can we get an official reaction on this?
Can we have the illegal tags removed already? We have had no official reply but many agree that the only reasonable thing to do is to remove Shanks[Emperor], FailOrc[BIPPS], DirtNap[WARDEN] tags and give them the placeholder they used back. These people exploited unawareness of several members of the GM team and shouldn't be granted a tag because of miscommunication. This is a slap in the face of many old players and should have been dealt with already.

Advertisement

.Mystery

Rank 1
.Mystery
PostedJan 09, 2014 4:14 am
Once it has been done, they cannot remove it. Unless the user allows it.

crazynes77

Rank 0
PostedJan 09, 2014 4:20 am
Nah youre wrong. Everything on someone's account remains the Property of Aeria Games.
Aeria Games however is obliged to provide the service payed for; the placeholder. But they are in no way obliged to keep the [TAGS]. They could simply at their discretion return the placeholder and remove the tags.

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedJan 09, 2014 4:42 am
crazynes77 wrote:
Nah youre wrong. Everything on someone's account remains the Property of Aeria Games.
Aeria Games however is obliged to provide the service payed for; the placeholder. But they are in no way obliged to keep the [TAGS]. They could simply at their discretion return the placeholder and remove the tags.  

True. Aeria has a long standing history of deleting or rectifying its mistakes, or even things that were not mistakes, but considered by the community to be unfair, like the ultimate item pocket raffle.

Bipps

Rank 0
Bipps
PostedJan 09, 2014 4:59 am

Re: [illegal tag]

Skunk. wrote:
Can we have the illegal tags removed already? We have had no official reply but many agree that the only reasonable thing to do is to remove Shanks[Emperor], FailOrc[BIPPS], DirtNap[WARDEN] tags and give them the placeholder they used back. These people exploited unawareness of several members of the GM team and shouldn't be granted a tag because of miscommunication. This is a slap in the face of many old players and should have been dealt with already.  

First of all how are these Illegal Items. Staff Replied to a ticket asking if it is possible to get this, They replied Yes. So there was nothing "Illegal" about these. Some of you talk about that its not fair ect ect and it should be [$$$] i mean really. To all you Haters that wanna hate because i have money or because i was smart, you really need to step back, get out of your Shaiya costume and your mothers basements and remember this is a game. This isnt hurting anyone, if anything the threats in game from players should be the things that get spoken about. I mean really calling people ***** or telling them they should die ect ect just goes to show how pathetic some people are.

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedJan 09, 2014 5:16 am

Bipps wrote:
Skunk. wrote:

First of all how are these Illegal Items. Staff Replied to a ticket asking if it is possible to get this, They replied Yes. So there was nothing "Illegal" about these. Some of you talk about that its not fair ect ect and it should be [$$$] i mean really. To all you Haters that wanna hate because i have money or because i was smart, you really need to step back, get out of your Shaiya costume and your mothers basements and remember this is a game. This isnt hurting anyone, if anything the threats in game from players should be the things that get spoken about. I mean really calling people ***** or telling them they should die ect ect just goes to show how pathetic some people are.  

It was ruled an illegal choice by the PM in the other thread, so technically they are correct.

The tags will most likely be removed.

Not everything Aeria sends to players is something legal; mistakes happen; for example 4000 HP on canta or 15 gear; we are not allowed to keep it. We're not allowed to keep level 7's GM linked into 15 mufflers. etc.

That being said, you are the third purchaser of these tags that has demonstrated a narcissistic, or at least egotistical, proud personality, which is particularly why I don't endorse these tags. They give you a presence for being a spender, and tell new players you are a good influence, when nothing you have presented defends that assumption, but rather presents the opposite. If it was more than just a grab for attention, I wouldn't have a problem with it. But that is all it is.

Mehrvigne

GameSage: Shaiya
Mehrvigne
PostedJan 09, 2014 5:16 am
Please don't turn this thread into another bash/flame war. It's how the last thread got locked because people couldn't act like mature adults and just say their piece and move on. They had to belabor the point after officials have already given a statement and turn a reasonable discussion thread into an immature whine fest. Please don't turn this one into one of those too. This is supposed to be an 18+ game. If you're not, please at least act like you're 18+.

There is no need to smear things in other people's faces. Not all servers have the same items available. I don't know what the EU servers had as opposed to the US servers. Maybe they had something that allowed you to buy tags on EU servers, but on US servers they didn't. The problem's been addressed already.

According to Skudy's other posts with possible updates soon from Nexon, it sounds like there are more important things GMs have to focus on than some extra brackets at the back of someone's name. Do I like it that someone can just buy something everyone else had to earn? Heck no! But really, what can you do about it? Can you change it? If not, just move on and play your game.

As far as removing the tags, removing them is easy. All it requires is for the player to buy a name change stone if they so wish. And if GMs have a rip roaring time gennaming people and putting tags on the characters, they can easily be removed. Will it happen? I don't know.

In the mean time, just try to be civil about it.

EvilSantana

Rank 0
EvilSantana
PostedJan 09, 2014 5:22 am

Bipps wrote:
Skunk. wrote:

+1 You're absolutely right Bipps what's this about xD Better GM fix that HP glitch...

Bipps

Rank 0
Bipps
PostedJan 09, 2014 5:39 am

Rekikyo wrote:
Bipps wrote:
Skunk. wrote:

It was ruled an illegal choice by the PM in the other thread, so technically they are correct.

The tags will most likely be removed.

Not everything Aeria sends to players is something legal; mistakes happen; for example 4000 HP on canta or 15 gear; we are not allowed to keep it. We're not allowed to keep level 7's GM linked into 15 mufflers. etc.

That being said, you are the third purchaser of these tags that has demonstrated a narcissistic, or at least egotistical, proud personality, which is particularly why I don't endorse these tags. They give you a presence for being a spender, and tell new players you are a good influence, when nothing you have presented defends that assumption, but rather presents the opposite. If it was more than just a grab for attention, I wouldn't have a problem with it. But that is all it is.  

First of all you dont even know me. For you to say i did it for attention is ignorant. You know the saying you should never assume anything. There is a big difference between a TAG and linking gear ect. There was nothing sly about my ticket i didnt trick or anything like that. As for being narcissistic you have the right to think what you want, But at least do it when you know someone..... End of story.

Skunk.

Rank 0
Skunk.
PostedJan 09, 2014 6:04 am

Bipps wrote:
Skunk. wrote:

I guess you call people with illegal links smart too, no its just ignorance of the GM that gave you the tag don't credit yourself with a characteristic you obviously do not posses. GM's either give every one the option to get a [TAG] or remove these bought [TAG]'s. You use the excuse of taking GM's attention away from important things. b plz... it takes a GM no more than 4 seconds to remove those unworthy [TAG]'s and give you back your place holder.