justinalaso

Rank 0
PostedJan 09, 2014 1:48 am

Best subclass for Wizard

What do you guys think. Im thinking between Gunslinger/Sorceror/Bard

I'm more focused on PVP than PVE. So waht do you guys recommend me?
Advertisement

BLADER.X

Rank 0
BLADER.X
PostedJan 09, 2014 6:08 am
I dont think any subclass give the wiz a really big advantage in pvp, I just can say u:
Sorc: Give and extra (and with enough spd) spameable and permanent hot buff, its a party buff and remove debuff, so its going to be useful in pvp, the totem can sleep the enemies, other than that the sorc will not give other vantages in pvp

Guns: The spd buff make more easy a spd/crit buil, the traps of the guns can help u sometimes in combats one vs one (the downside its u need to be melee to use them, and the last thing u want most of time its be near to your enemy) and u can take advange of the second move reduction skill (aimed shot)

Bard: If your team have a bard, the bard sub dont really going to give a really big advantage, you can heal yoursel after a combat, but it depends of the situation

Conclusion: the 3 subs are fine, anyone give u a big advantage, take the one u like more.

lostfeather

Rank 0
lostfeather
PostedJan 09, 2014 8:33 am
Basically I agree with what Blader said. I'd just give Sorc a slight edge over the other two.

Reason for that is that the Sorc' kit is very potent itself for PvP. DoTs don't get mitigated by defense, they have a sleep on demand and a HoT that cures a debuff.
Gunslinger really has a lack of useful tools for PvP for the Wizard. Traps might or might not be useful since people have to step on them. Wizard has a slow itself so the slow from Gunslinger is void. Bard on the other hand will make you a bit more durable but you won't be spamming heals. As soon as your enemy has enough dmg to outburst the HoT you keep up, your sub will be useless. And as Blader said already, with a main Bard there is no need really to heal yourself but to deal damage.

But in the end, all subs can work pretty well as long as you know what you are doing.

jotasnake

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
jotasnake
PostedJan 09, 2014 10:02 am
Agreed with both players above me.

The sub class between those three won't make a big diference when it comes to your power in PVP. Between the three, i think the one that gets the advantage is Sorc. You can get the speed needed from gear and stats, so Guns is not an option to me. And a bard sub class is nice from a PVE stand, but for pvp i don't see it being that big of a deal.

SakuraSetsuna

Rank 1
SakuraSetsuna
PostedJan 09, 2014 5:53 pm
I'm of the impression that Bard is a good subclass for PvE spec, Slinger for PvP, and Sorc for all-rounder/both. Bards are great for extra survivability when grinding/mobbing and dungeons. Gunslingers have an extra slow, traps are cool especially for that damage reduction buff, extra movespeed means better kiting, and the speed buff is coolbeans if you wanna focus more on crit. Sorc can both heal and offer damage/cc, so it kinda takes the cake, but its also the most boring/expected combo imo so I personally dislike it.

Keep in mind that this doesn't mean a bard subclass sucks at PvE or Slinger sub sucks at PvE. Obviously all of them have merit, its what you like better that matters.

On a different topic, I wonder why people don't consider Grenadier as a Wizard subclass. I'd have thought they'd work just as well as the standard choices.

BLADER.X

Rank 0
BLADER.X
PostedJan 09, 2014 11:48 pm
SakuraSetsuna wrote:
I'm of the impression that Bard is a good subclass for PvE spec, Slinger for PvP, and Sorc for all-rounder/both. Bards are great for extra survivability when grinding/mobbing and dungeons. Gunslingers have an extra slow, traps are cool especially for that damage reduction buff, extra movespeed means better kiting, and the speed buff is coolbeans if you wanna focus more on crit. Sorc can both heal and offer damage/cc, so it kinda takes the cake, but its also the most boring/expected combo imo so I personally dislike it.

Keep in mind that this doesn't mean a bard subclass sucks at PvE or Slinger sub sucks at PvE. Obviously all of them have merit, its what you like better that matters.

On a different topic, I wonder why people don't consider Grenadier as a Wizard subclass. I'd have thought they'd work just as well as the standard choices.

The dmg reduction buff of the traps doesn,t work with sub guns, they still have heavy dot dmg and nice debuff (inmobilize and healing reduction)

For the moment I consider sorc and guns as the better options, with a good bard that concentrate in heal and not in trying to be a hybrid dps (like some bards I meet in the arena...) itrs pretty hard to die right now, maybe in lvls 60+ the sub bards will start to shine against the insane dmg of the bosses.

I was curious about cannon too, it was one of my options of subclass, IMO cannon its not very popular choice cause his better skills its the stun and the ice aoe, and the wiz alredy have acces to 2 stuns and 1 ice aoe, the turrent looks cool anyway, not sure if its strong or weak

lostfeather

Rank 0
lostfeather
PostedJan 10, 2014 7:23 am
SakuraSetsuna wrote:

BLADER.X wrote:

I was curious about cannon too, it was one of my options of subclass, IMO cannon its not very popular choice cause his better skills its the stun and the ice aoe, and the wiz alredy have acces to 2 stuns and 1 ice aoe, the turrent looks cool anyway, not sure if its strong or weak  

Yes, basically what Blader says.
Wizard and Grenadier have a very, very familiar skill set. They both have a low CD stun, a slow, a mini heal, AoE. The idea of a sub class is to make the main class you chose complete. So naturally you'd want something that you do not already have within your main skills, be it crowd control, sustain or more AoEs. Grenadier offers nothing new to the Wizard.