xilycaroline

Rank 0
xilycaroline
PostedJan 08, 2014 11:11 pm

Wizard/Sorc build

SPD/CRIT & Full HP?
Hey all~
I've been reading around the forum for about 2 hours now trying to find a good build for my Wiz. :3

I am in the process of resetting my skills, currently, having had them mostly balanced up until recently. I now want to find a build I can stick with that is beneficial for my class choices and style of fighting.

Offensive:
I have been seeing full crit, half crit/half SPD, DMG/Crit, and full SPD.
I am stuck between full crit, half crit/half SPD, and the DMG/crit build (both CRIT and DMG seem to be causing arguments as to which one is overall better).
I am not that great with math so I am not totally sure of the %'s and overall damage each build provides.

Defensive:
I have been seeing full HP, full DEF, HP/DEF, and HP/EVA.
I am stuck between full HP, HP/DEF, and HP/EVA (both EVA and DEF I have seen a lot of topics where people rule one or the other out).

** I, for one, do not really want to be a support class, and I would much rather be just DPS.
I am all for PVE and have never been a big fan of PVP, so I most likely will not aim for a PVP/PVE build.
I have read probably every topic in this section of the forum, as well as look at some of the TW/HK builds :/ **

With the build you like, what stats on armor should I go for as well? Smile I have really just been mixing it all up at this point.

The only build that I have seen get more support then non-support is SPD/CRIT and Full HP.

So what are your thoughts? Sorry for posting another thread looking for help on a good build.
Advertisement

jotasnake

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
jotasnake
PostedJan 09, 2014 10:08 am
Instead of full HP i would go for full def. I just think it works best with the whole class

A wiz is not supposed to be hit a lot, so whenever you do get hit, extra def will come in handy to make sure you can handle the hits. I've been going with a full def stats so far and +0 armor, so far ive had no problem in the def department, even against bosses and such.

xilycaroline

Rank 0
xilycaroline
PostedJan 09, 2014 2:33 pm
jotasnake wrote:
Instead of full HP i would go for full def. I just think it works best with the whole class

A wiz is not supposed to be hit a lot, so whenever you do get hit, extra def will come in handy to make sure you can handle the hits. I've been going with a full def stats so far and +0 armor, so far ive had no problem in the def department, even against bosses and such.  

alright :3 whats your view on the DMG/CRIT/SPD thing? I've read some of your posts on the other thread and I think you are the one who has SPD? Is it like half CRIT/half SPD or just full SPD? I could be wrong, though, if that is not you.

lightsage10

Rank 0
PostedJan 09, 2014 3:39 pm
For a Wiz/Sorc I'd say CRIT is your best friend. With SPD being secondary to that.

Sorcerer DoT skills can still do massive damage as a subclass and they benefit more from the CRIT than having a lower CD from going with a SPD build. They have short animations as well.
The beauty of the AK stat system is that you can reset you stats by paying in-game gold. Which means you can play around with them a bit more.

We do need more testing over the DMG vs CRIT issue, but I'm finding CRIT to be more useful. DMG can be offset more easily by gear than CRIT and SPD. Currently, I'm dishing out more damage with a SPD/CRIT focus than I was when I was adding DMG.

I do suggest CRIT/Spd for you though because you'll still want lower CDs on some skills to increase your DPS. As for the actual spread... It's up to you. You'll probably want to pump CRIT first though. Especially if ignoring DMG.

DMG/CRIT runs into the issue of full/long CD on all your skills. Stacking DMG or CRIT on gear is, again, far easier. This build might become more viable at end-game levels once that content comes out though. I can still see CRIT and SPD being priority stats though.

It's better to focus one stat and then have a secondary stat. You don't have to max CRIT or SPD or DMG. But you don't want to balance between the two or three of them. Making your hits Crit as much as possible will be your priority. Second to that is getting them out as quickly as possible.

That said, you can run either CRIT/SPD or SPD/CRIT. Just decide if you want the extra damage from Crits or the faster damage from SPD. Keep in mind that your best Sorc skills are DoTs with short CDs that benefit more from the Crit.

As for the HP/Def/Eva thing... I can't really say. I'm running full Def right now. Running HP isn't very effective because it just means you have more to heal. Def means taking less damage. Evasion... I'm undecided. I suppose it's helpful when soloing, but the Def is doing more for my survivability right now.

And yes, I'm very PvE oriented.

jotasnake

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
jotasnake
PostedJan 09, 2014 3:57 pm
xilycaroline wrote:
jotasnake wrote:

alright :3 whats your view on the DMG/CRIT/SPD thing? I've read some of your posts on the other thread and I think you are the one who has SPD? Is it like half CRIT/half SPD or just full SPD? I could be wrong, though, if that is not you.  

Yes i'm full SPD. Thats because more speed equals less cooldown and more attack speed, as a wizard i feel its essential to be able to spam skills as fast as you can and the ability to spam your better ones faster. You may notice a lower damage due to not having an high enough crit rate, but as you level along you will be able to bring up your stats through your gear so when you hit the speed cap you can start investing on crit. I prefer a full speed build with any excess points in crit.

I always aim for speed in my gear over crit or damage, and so far i've been enjoying my character quite well, i feel its pretty powerfull.

xilycaroline

Rank 0
xilycaroline
PostedJan 09, 2014 8:04 pm
lightsage10 wrote:
For a Wiz/Sorc I'd say CRIT is your best friend. With SPD being secondary to that.

Sorcerer DoT skills can still do massive damage as a subclass and they benefit more from the CRIT than having a lower CD from going with a SPD build. They have short animations as well.
The beauty of the AK stat system is that you can reset you stats by paying in-game gold. Which means you can play around with them a bit more.

We do need more testing over the DMG vs CRIT issue, but I'm finding CRIT to be more useful. DMG can be offset more easily by gear than CRIT and SPD. Currently, I'm dishing out more damage with a SPD/CRIT focus than I was when I was adding DMG.

I do suggest CRIT/Spd for you though because you'll still want lower CDs on some skills to increase your DPS. As for the actual spread... It's up to you. You'll probably want to pump CRIT first though. Especially if ignoring DMG.

DMG/CRIT runs into the issue of full/long CD on all your skills. Stacking DMG or CRIT on gear is, again, far easier. This build might become more viable at end-game levels once that content comes out though. I can still see CRIT and SPD being priority stats though.

It's better to focus one stat and then have a secondary stat. You don't have to max CRIT or SPD or DMG. But you don't want to balance between the two or three of them. Making your hits Crit as much as possible will be your priority. Second to that is getting them out as quickly as possible.

That said, you can run either CRIT/SPD or SPD/CRIT. Just decide if you want the extra damage from Crits or the faster damage from SPD. Keep in mind that your best Sorc skills are DoTs with short CDs that benefit more from the Crit.

As for the HP/Def/Eva thing... I can't really say. I'm running full Def right now. Running HP isn't very effective because it just means you have more to heal. Def means taking less damage. Evasion... I'm undecided. I suppose it's helpful when soloing, but the Def is doing more for my survivability right now.

And yes, I'm very PvE oriented.  

This was an awesome answer, thanks a bunch. Smile I have been feeling SPD just did not know whether to go DMG or CRIT with it but this clears it up~

xilycaroline

Rank 0
xilycaroline
PostedJan 09, 2014 8:07 pm
jotasnake wrote:
Yes i'm full SPD. Thats because more speed equals less cooldown and more attack speed, as a wizard i feel its essential to be able to spam skills as fast as you can and the ability to spam your better ones faster. You may notice a lower damage due to not having an high enough crit rate, but as you level along you will be able to bring up your stats through your gear so when you hit the speed cap you can start investing on crit. I prefer a full speed build with any excess points in crit.

I always aim for speed in my gear over crit or damage, and so far i've been enjoying my character quite well, i feel its pretty powerfull.  

I think I will follow this one, cap SPD and put CRIT on my gear/stack once I do cap SPD.

lightsage10

Rank 0
PostedJan 09, 2014 9:33 pm
Just remember you can always adjust it if you feel you need to later on.

dolp22

Rank 0
PostedJan 09, 2014 10:21 pm
Just new here, so, what's the speed cap of a wizard and how would you know that you're already in the speed cap?

BLADER.X

Rank 0
BLADER.X
PostedJan 09, 2014 11:54 pm
dolp22 wrote:
Just new here, so, what's the speed cap of a wizard and how would you know that you're already in the speed cap?  

The speed cap of all classees is 50%, you can see all your avatar stats pressing "c" in game.

The only problem I have about the spd/crit build its that almost all the equipment with this both stats also have eva... I dont want an eva wiz xD I prefer those equipments give you defense or hp instead of eva, it appear all that equipment was created thinking in duelist >.>