Deicidium

Rank 0
Deicidium
PostedJan 08, 2014 1:08 am

Best Class for a Solo Player?

because I always like to be alone soloing everything
currently I have a Wiz/Bard.. so far up until now, everything seems ok.. its just that when I see a duelist or grenadier or gunslinger, they seem to just click/tab the mobs then 1-2s = dead.. I dunno if it's because the attk speed/casting spd or anything.. Very Happy

for the quest dungeons, It's all good so far.. I just wonder if my class will shine later levels at soloing or those mentioned above will be far greater than my class in PvE?

again, tl;dr. what is the best class for soloing all content (if not all maybe almost all)

Your signature (limited in 255 characters) will be publicly displayed at the end of your comments and your posts in forums.
Advertisement

Ciega.

Rank 4
Ciega.
PostedJan 08, 2014 1:22 am
All of them (so far) do fine soloing, but if it really is an issue, perhaps try a nice Physical class. Something with good defensive qualities, such as Guardian for defense, or Duelist for evade. If you still find yourself having problems, perhaps give Bard a try. Or even put it as a subclass, as the Heal Over Time spell is spammable and very useful.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

principecapio

Rank 0
principecapio
PostedJan 08, 2014 1:36 am   Last edited by principecapio on Jan 08, 2014 1:58 am. Edited 1 time in total

Re: Best Class for a Solo Player?

because I always like to be alone soloing everything
Deicidium wrote:
currently I have a Wiz/Bard.. so far up until now, everything seems ok.. its just that when I see a duelist or grenadier or gunslinger, they seem to just click/tab the mobs then 1-2s = dead.. I dunno if it's because the attk speed/casting spd or anything.. Very Happy

for the quest dungeons, It's all good so far.. I just wonder if my class will shine later levels at soloing or those mentioned above will be far greater than my class in PvE?

again, tl;dr. what is the best class for soloing all content (if not all maybe almost all)  

Guardian sub Bard
Guardian sub Duelist
Guardian sub everything Razz

#GuardianFanBoy
#WannabeHeatcliff
#Idkwhatimdoing now

But trust me, guardian is a tank and though we don't deal substantial damage in comparison to main duelist or ravager, we still can survive and survivability is high with tanks and as a consequence guardians are perfect for solo.

Message me for a gameplay of solo Guardian sub Duelist

Edit: I always think that this game focuses on Social Feature (Guilds, Parties, Friends, etc) so if I were you, I would go for party once in awhile.
If you're following Kirito --and if you're not, then my apologies for my mistake-- then stop it. Be your own self, make your own character, make your own history. Plus he even admitted that soloing at the later levels were difficult and a "waste of time" in comparison to party, but I'm just going off the topic now.

Deicidium

Rank 0
Deicidium
PostedJan 08, 2014 1:40 am
btw, i'm a speed/hp build atm.. 5.2s on meteor.. so far so good.. maybe wiz/bard will scale better on later levels.. I'm confused

Your signature (limited in 255 characters) will be publicly displayed at the end of your comments and your posts in forums.

Deicidium

Rank 0
Deicidium
PostedJan 08, 2014 4:52 pm
Shocked

ken.vuo

Rank 0
PostedJan 08, 2014 5:00 pm
Bard/Sorc or Guard/Bard is defintevily the best soloers.

zTriggerHappy

Rank 1
zTriggerHappy
PostedJan 08, 2014 5:39 pm
Gunslingers. Why?

Fast attack speed which allows you to tag mobs faster, so you can basically "cheat" and tag everything in the area while everyone kills them for you.

Traps provide strong AOE and CC. You tag everything them lead them into a dark flare trap and watch them die in one or two ticks.

You can kite things instead of tanking them upfront. Permaslow on a target allows you to stay out of range indefinitely.

Your damage allows you to take things down faster than normal. The level 45 yellow guns provide 2% lifesteal, so by damage alone, you can continually take some damage so long you keep hitting fast and hard. Traps also provide insane DOT ticks.

Your sub class only makes soloing easier. Wizard for for AOE/CC/heal, bard for heals, etc.

sinistabg9

Rank 0
sinistabg9
PostedJan 08, 2014 6:32 pm
im ravager/sorcerer and it feels good