Tails_Miles

Rank 0
PostedJan 07, 2014 7:54 pm

Grenadier subclass

Hiya all, I was curious to know if a guardian would be a good subclass for a grenadier im focusing on SPD/CRIT as well as DEF.
Thanks.
Advertisement

glarbage

Rank 0
glarbage
PostedJan 07, 2014 8:51 pm
It's something to consider for sure. Assuming you're already aware there's not any envoy skills for Grenadier/Guardian, though.

Goth |Guardian/Gunslinger| - Hydra Server

nightbringer09

Rank 4
nightbringer09
PostedJan 08, 2014 9:58 am
That's quite a weird combo for them, really the guardian wud just give more def but gren is decent in that so no need for it. I haven't used gunslinger with gren but I used to have duelist as subclass on ST, worked a lot becus of my eva build, also duelist has envoy skills with it and one is an AWESOME dmg and dot skill.

MoGAznR3b3l

Rank 0
PostedJan 10, 2014 8:49 pm

Re: Grenadier subclass

Tails_Miles wrote:
Hiya all, I was curious to know if a guardian would be a good subclass for a grenadier im focusing on SPD/CRIT as well as DEF.
Thanks.  

Hi! I really like your creativity! But, as the aforementioned fellow grennys above me, I also wonder how it would benefit your Gren. I can see some skills coming to be of use such as your defense buffs and stuff, increasing your Def and maybe heals.. But what other utility can sub Guardian work for =O?

eos_of_devan

Rank 0
PostedJan 10, 2014 9:54 pm
Hmm, personally when I am viewing possible sub-class I like to take in case what role in party will your main class be performing. As a grenadier, I believe you primary role would be to be a single target DPS with the possibility of AOE DPS while staying at a distance and providing some additinal support via turrets or healing crystal (small heal)

With that in mind, I've had the thoughts of Wiz and Gun as better sub classes to augment your RANGED DPS potential A dead enemy can't hurt you.

Guardian as a sub class as mentioned before only adds a little utility with your def and makes you a bit more tanky when mobs get close. If you get your def high enough you could be an off tank build with an ability to put turrets down to do your dmg as well as tanking higher lvl bosses (temple of eidolon)