nammari

Rank 0
PostedJan 07, 2014 4:38 pm

Wizard / Sorcerer Void Storm sucks :/

Hi. i just got to level 40 and i took the void storm. after testing it out. it sucks really bad...
why u ask. its cooldown is 2 min and hits really low dmg compared to the normal skills.
the *cast time* when he jumps up and slams down is really horrible in pvp and might be useful in pve because if u jump up ofc everyone just runs away or something.

anyway. the main reason i decided it sucks because when he jumps up i can do about 2-3 skills in the time when he lands and i can deal lot of more dmg than that. and the 2 min cd is horrible :/

i have not tested other combo skills or seen then so i could be wrong.
Advertisement

Liddokun

GameSage: Aura Kingdom
Liddokun
PostedJan 07, 2014 5:30 pm

Re: Wizard / Sorcerer Void Storm sucks :/

nammari wrote:
Hi. i just got to level 40 and i took the void storm. after testing it out. it sucks really bad...
why u ask. its cooldown is 2 min and hits really low dmg compared to the normal skills.
the *cast time* when he jumps up and slams down is really horrible in pvp and might be useful in pve because if u jump up ofc everyone just runs away or something.

anyway. the main reason i decided it sucks because when he jumps up i can do about 2-3 skills in the time when he lands and i can deal lot of more dmg than that. and the 2 min cd is horrible :/

i have not tested other combo skills or seen then so i could be wrong.  

You can reset your envoy path with gold and take another skills if you don't like it.

jotasnake

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
jotasnake
PostedJan 07, 2014 6:14 pm
The other dps combo skill is also a waste of time, similar to void storm, long cooldown, long animation, not enough damage to make up for it.

Not sure if healing mantra is worth it

Miathann

Rank 0
PostedJan 07, 2014 7:46 pm
jotasnake wrote:
The other dps combo skill is also a waste of time, similar to void storm, long cooldown, long animation, not enough damage to make up for it.

Gona sneak in a related question: For a Crit Wiz/Sorc, what Envoy path is best? +dmg/+crit/+crit with staff, and that is as far as i have figured would be the "best" for my character build, but i dont know what i would take from there tho, anyone that has any knowledge of the better envoy path for a crit/crit dmg build?

jotasnake

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
jotasnake
PostedJan 07, 2014 7:52 pm
Theres a bunch of crit stuff in the path so you might just try to get them all if you want to build a crit character.

DESOUL

Rank 3
DESOUL
PostedJan 07, 2014 8:00 pm
I found the Combo skills to be a waste of envoy points for wiz/sorc in closed beta, thus i don't take them anymore.

vendettahz90

Rank 0
vendettahz90
PostedJan 07, 2014 8:08 pm
Miathann wrote:
jotasnake wrote:

Gona sneak in a related question: For a Crit Wiz/Sorc, what Envoy path is best? +dmg/+crit/+crit with staff, and that is as far as i have figured would be the "best" for my character build, but i dont know what i would take from there tho, anyone that has any knowledge of the better envoy path for a crit/crit dmg build?  

By lvl cap ( 75 ) you will have enough Envoy pts to get all the crit paths and then some dmg or speed ones aswell, also remember to look for the passive envoy skills ( grey squares on the outskirts of the board ) good ones to check for are the meteor shot -35% cooldown and the staff skills range +2.

My suggestion is go all crit on envoy then dmg or speed depending which one you find more useful. Please bear in mind i myself went the speed build so this is based purely on speculation as i haven't tried out the crit build at all.

Any how good luck, and you can always reset your points, granted is going to cost you some hard earned gold.

Regarding the combo skills, in most cases and most classes these skills are horrible in comparison to your normal rotation, so my suggestion is to not get them unless they have an added effect that you find is useful or a must for your desired build. Also i saw sumwhere in this forum that healing mantra heals fr about 4k at lvl 58, which sucks so keep that in mind.

Miathann

Rank 0
PostedJan 08, 2014 10:56 pm
vendettahz90 wrote:
Miathann wrote:
jotasnake wrote:

By lvl cap ( 75 ) you will have enough Envoy pts to get all the crit paths and then some dmg or speed ones aswell, also remember to look for the passive envoy skills ( grey squares on the outskirts of the board ) good ones to check for are the meteor shot -35% cooldown and the staff skills range +2.

My suggestion is go all crit on envoy then dmg or speed depending which one you find more useful. Please bear in mind i myself went the speed build so this is based purely on speculation as i haven't tried out the crit build at all.

Any how good luck, and you can always reset your points, granted is going to cost you some hard earned gold.

Regarding the combo skills, in most cases and most classes these skills are horrible in comparison to your normal rotation, so my suggestion is to not get them unless they have an added effect that you find is useful or a must for your desired build. Also i saw sumwhere in this forum that healing mantra heals fr about 4k at lvl 58, which sucks so keep that in mind.  

I picked up the -35% Meteror cd, quite usefull for bosses and AoEing in general, happy with that, the +2 meters for staff skills i am seriously in doubt about and will skip it.

For the "speed" envoys are those the ones that in totall are -3% cooldown? seems rather low to me for that many points in the envoy tree that you have to go to get them.