RockmanZXZ

Rank 2
RockmanZXZ
PostedJan 06, 2014 1:32 pm

How to build a full-support bard?

Yop, thats the question :V
Hey there everybody,

my gf rly wants to play a full support class....but right now we only got bard as a "real" supporter.
So, the question is what sub to use? I heard sorc is a good choice...but y exactly?

Also, for stats I guess SPD and DEF is the way to go...with some HP mixed in propably.

Any helpful advices? Thx in advance Smile
Advertisement

HeartlessFate

Rank 1
HeartlessFate
PostedJan 06, 2014 1:36 pm
I ran Sorcerer as a sub during CBT and its a really good support class!. From the sorcerer skills, you get a skill that applies a DoT to an enemy and heals anyone that attacks that enemy. You also get an AoE HoT that removes a random debuff from allies. You also apply a DoT to random enemies around you. Their combo skills are an evasion buff and a flame golem summon, both lasting 30 seconds.

For your stats, i would recommend speed for offense and either def or hp for defence (for PvE) or Evasion ( if your going to PvP). The cap for Defence is 75% and the cap for evasion is 95%, which gets scaled as you level ,so that the numerical (number) values for all stats are scaled based on your level.

RockmanZXZ

Rank 2
RockmanZXZ
PostedJan 06, 2014 1:40 pm
Wow! Thx a lot...that sounds amazing Very Happy

NaberiusAvie

Rank 0
PostedJan 06, 2014 2:01 pm
I also ran Bard/Sorc in CBT and loved it. I did go for offensive SPD for less cooldown on spells, and I went half HP and Defense on my defensive stats.

I was able to survive a hoard of aggros in GG and sometimes not so lucky lol. In OBT I'm probably going to end up trying to max my evasion, as in PVP it can be really difficult to survive when the enemy's team just pick you off on your team.

GreyEnneract

Rank 0
GreyEnneract
PostedJan 06, 2014 2:48 pm
Bard/Sorc is the best for full on support.

GreyEnneract Of Inspire

nator316

Rank 2
nator316
PostedJan 06, 2014 3:29 pm
If you go with another class and not bard does the winged girl heals you enough, or its better Bard to heal yourself and others

IGN: Notaria Sorcerer/Wizard lv 5X Server: Siren Guild: Forgotten

kuroimiyuki

Rank 0
kuroimiyuki
PostedJan 06, 2014 3:39 pm
nator316 wrote:
If you go with another class and not bard does the winged girl heals you enough, or its better Bard to heal yourself and others  

The starter Merrilee right? Her HoT is a nice little bonus but even weaker than a potion. You won't be able to rely on Eidolons healing an entire party, you're going to need at LEAST a Sorcerer.

Mallachy

Rank 0
Mallachy
PostedJan 06, 2014 10:10 pm
kuroimiyuki wrote:
nator316 wrote:

The starter Merrilee right? Her HoT is a nice little bonus but even weaker than a potion. You won't be able to rely on Eidolons healing an entire party, you're going to need at LEAST a Sorcerer.  

I agree. v.v
Getting a tank/DPS eidolon is more useful than relying on her. But either way, it's most likely that you'll be changing eidolons before her heals turn useless.

acemaloof

Rank 2
acemaloof
PostedJan 14, 2014 7:06 pm

nrg99

Rank 0
nrg99
PostedJan 14, 2014 7:44 pm
Bard/Sorc is the all out heal/support combo. Pump all stats into speed/def and your buffs/heals never end, not to mention you get the bard/sorc ultimate which is a huge eva boost and extra heals, as well as a few dots and immobilizers.

Basically in a party, I stand right in the middle of everything and no ones health every gets below 90% for more than 1/2 a second. With a decent pet you can solo most dungeons even in party mode, and evan at lvl 40-45 you can destroy a lv60 edolion without ever worrying about dying.

With all stats in speed you can pull 3 ultimates off in a single boss fight, and your cooldowns are shorter than spell durations for buffs.

Basically even at lvl 53 If I'm in your party you basically have "god mode" enabled.

CACHE [Serenity] - SIREN