TIGOX91

Rank 0
TIGOX91
PostedJan 06, 2014 9:07 am   Last edited by TIGOX91 on Jan 14, 2014 9:26 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Bard/Sorc Tigo's [All You Need to Know] Guide!

Work in progress...
Hi there, first im an annoying player that been buggin everyone around on forums with lots of doubts and questions about the game, thx to those players i've learned a lot...And what better than share my info with everyone???

Here it goes...

Bard/Sorc Tigo's speculation guide!

Pros:
- insane healing (AOE+ST)
- not reliant on damage(since dots dont benefict much from it)
- short of tankier
- too many debuffs
- great at pvp
- you'll always have a team for you

Cons:
- you lack damage, you'll need to handle things by time(dot)
- you'll be pet reliant for solo
- you'll need a dpser for fast runs
- you'll be bugged on pms for joining partys

So from the scratch, ull create your char, and there it goes the first question wich pet you should start with?

ill recomend either Adam (aka Sheriff):

or Eve (aka Merillee):

Why that? Adam for more damage and Eve for even more party healings(including yourself)
Why Adam over the tiny little dragon? even tho he looks cooler dragon is a pure offensive pet, so Adam has a little more of tankiness wich helps you solo things easly Wink

So you'll start the game and start doing the easy tutorial to lvl up...mostly is walk around talking with random npcs and kill some easy mobs Smile

Storm Melody
Main Hand Level: 1
Off Hand Level: 40
Attack ∙ Single Target ∙ Wind ∙ 2sec Cooldown ∙ 25meters Range
Using sonic waves, cast a song that calls upon the winds to create a storm to damage the target.

Heavenly Concerto
Main Hand Level: 1
Off Hand Level: 40
Attack ∙ Single Target ∙ Holy ∙ 4sec Cooldown ∙ 25meters Range
Damage over time, lasts 8 seconds
While listening to the heavenly concert that cleanses the world, deal holy damage to the target.

Rockin’ Electronica
Main Hand Level: 8
Off Hand Level: 44
Attack ∙ 5meters AOE ∙ Electric ∙ 12sec Cooldown
Inflicts stun, lasts 3 seconds
Show off your passion for Rock music and attack all the surrounding enemies with electric damage and cause stun.

and those will be your bread and butter skills, since unfortunly those are the only offensive skills you'll have as bard Sad

and you'll probably been asking what about my Envoy points and Char points???

as for char points i would recomend go:
Offensive
Max speed (50% cap)
then go for crit
Defensive
Max defense (75% cap)
then go for hp

As for envoy path, is very personal choice, but i would recomend you to get some points of them for sure:

Purifying Harp
When attacked, 40% chance to remove a negative buff on self.

Barrier Chords
Grants a nearby party member a shield whenever a skill is cast to block 15% damage 1 time, lasts 10 seconds, activates every 15 seconds

Barrier Chords
Grants a nearby party member a shield whenever a skill is cast to block 15% damage 1 time, lasts 10 seconds, activates every 15 seconds

Hymnal Blessing
+3% to all stats to nearby party members when casting skills

Selfless
Heal amount +3%

Spiked
Damage reflect 10%

Healing Chorus Expertise
Healing Chorus heal amount +5%

Holy Note Expertise
Holy Note heal amount +3%, cooldown -6%

Fire Spirit Summon
Unlocks “Fire Spirit Summon”
Must have grimoire and harp equipped

As for the rest of envoy path i advice you to fullfill the areas to get those skills, and you'll sure wont regret it...

And wait are you wondering what kind of gear you would use???
There are 3 different types of gear in AK, one ofensive one hybrid and one defensive...
There you go you'll be going for the Defensive one!

Def/Speed/Eva stats in all your gear try to farm them and hunt them as much as you can!

At the point you'll get Sirgun, you'll be easly solo/duo/party things cause Sirgun is a good pet to match with a Bard since he is a lot tankier, but remember if u are in a big party its better to use Eve if u picked her at first, theres still a tiny more heal going on every second, and every little bit counts to help Wink

At around lvl40 you'll be able to get your sorc/class and theres where your debuffs and more offensive stats will come from.

if you been soloing a lot you probably managed already the "hit-and-run" tactic wich will continue to be usefull later on expecially with the Sorc DOTs running everytime, just be sure to have the speed capped or the CDs on Sorc skills wont be that good, and you'll regret it for sure...

How about Sigils? yeah if u really wanna be a good a bard you'll spend a lot of money rolling thoses sigils to get the healing% bonus fromt hem...
But they make a huge diference!

And yeah this still a work in progress, going to keep adding things today at open beta, but for sure is a head start for everyone with some doubts Wink

Special thx to;
koagemos
(for jacking some of his guide info :p)

Stay tunned and add anything u think its relevant, ill make sure ill update it often, add more detailed images and so on....

Hope you liked it!
TIGO
Advertisement

TIGOX91

Rank 0
TIGOX91
PostedJan 06, 2014 9:08 am   Last edited by TIGOX91 on Jan 14, 2014 9:20 pm. Edited 1 time in total
Character Stats, Offensive and Defensive Points!

Skills!
- Offensive

- Defensive (aka Healing)

Party Buff

Best Items!

SubClass: Sorcerer Skills

Combo Skills!

Secret Stones!

Ultimate Skills!

Charm Stats!

Transforming Gear (Enhanching)

NPCs you'll Love!!!!

TIGOX91

Rank 0
TIGOX91
PostedJan 06, 2014 9:08 am
Reserved for future content!

nonlamer

Rank 0
PostedJan 12, 2014 6:11 am
Thankyou for your guide Tigox, glad to see high lvl bard sharing his guide Smile

About PvE, does Fire Spirit good? does it be able to mob on par with meteor from sub wiz? I'm deciding about playing bard/wiz or bard/soc, so I would like to hear your opinion about this two at the late game scenario, both solo and group (PvE and farming prior).

TIGOX91

Rank 0
TIGOX91
PostedJan 12, 2014 9:41 am
nonlamer wrote:
Thankyou for your guide Tigox, glad to see high lvl bard sharing his guide Smile

About PvE, does Fire Spirit good? does it be able to mob on par with meteor from sub wiz? I'm deciding about playing bard/wiz or bard/soc, so I would like to hear your opinion about this two at the late game scenario, both solo and group (PvE and farming prior).  

Yeah for sure Fire spirit is one of the best combo skills on all classes, it for sure pays off.

As for each wizard is more of a solo player you'll have more aoes for faster cleaner, but sorc will let u have good damage on single target with way lower cds compared to wizard as sub...

And on late game your wizard subclass wont be as usefull as your sorc debuffs, cause on higher lvls you'll be needed to heal not to aoe damage, so if ur able to do single target and debuffing, i guess is way better team related!

Why ppl chose wiz as sub ao much?? Solo players and the 2combo skills that are team buffs, wich will fall late game...

Hope ive helped you and will add the comparision betewen those on the recent guide upgrade is coming out Wink
Since no one replied even though no one liked it, but now i mus thank u and feel confident to keep going Wink
Tigo

regis_hirune

Rank 0
PostedJan 12, 2014 11:42 am
[quote="TIGOX91"]
nonlamer wrote:
Why ppl chose wiz as sub ao much?? Solo players and the 2combo skills that are team buffs, wich will fall late game...  

Because at the first look, the burst from staff seems good. At least for me, I wasn't thinking about the buffs, but for a useful damage class.

Well...
Now I'm going with bard/sorc.

@guide
Good job, it's well explained.

@questions
The EVA buff from envoy path, is it good?
Will you talk more about sigils?

TIGOX91

Rank 0
TIGOX91
PostedJan 12, 2014 12:54 pm
[quote="regis_hirune"]
TIGOX91 wrote:
nonlamer wrote:

Because at the first look, the burst from staff seems good. At least for me, I wasn't thinking about the buffs, but for a useful damage class.

Well...
Now I'm going with bard/sorc.

@guide
Good job, it's well explained.

@questions
The EVA buff from envoy path, is it good?
Will you talk more about sigils?  

Yeah, surely not starting a war btw Bard/Wiz, they have they pros, tho i still DOTs are better combo for a healing class, since you dont need to be focusing so much in Damage and Critics wich as Wiz you u'll be reliant, same goes as the Wiz sub CDs, i guess they are kinda of big to get full potential from it, this compared to sorc ofc Wink

As for the EVA buff, its always usefull in PVE but i rather think its way better on PVP and on higher lvls instances, but i can tell you at lvl50 the EVA buff is more or less +500 EVA without the +20% ultimate you also have from it...

So thats kinda of personal opinion and luck, for sure things will miss you more, but dont see it as a must have, tho i personal have it cause i like it Smile (still thinking on higher lvls)

How about the Sigils, yeah will cover that up, and way more detailed guide, as the same time i'll try to keep it clean and simple... im just gathering images and more personal info before i patched up, and was waiting for "reviews" too since was thinking ppl disliked my guide Wink

+ one thing i can tell everyone for sure... ill be around often on forum for fast replys Wink so thats already an update :p

rgdoabc

Rank 0
PostedJan 12, 2014 1:42 pm
TIGOX91 wrote:
and was waiting for "reviews" too since was thinking ppl disliked my guide Wink

Your guide is fine, don't worry about it.
The bard population is not that high and most of the players don't even know about the existence of this forum.

Good work and keep going Wink

suraj.aiyer

Rank 0
PostedJan 12, 2014 2:16 pm
i just wanted to know if i go full eva in def is it still good ??
or shud i just follow the 75% def and rest HP ??

i hav heard that EVA is good for pvp but i donno hw it works in PVE u mind explaining this thing
i mean the stat comparison on bards Very Happy ty

and ur guide is amazing helped me a lot

Ill Wait for ur reply thx Smile

TIGOX91

Rank 0
TIGOX91
PostedJan 12, 2014 2:31 pm
suraj.aiyer wrote:
i just wanted to know if i go full eva in def is it still good ??
or shud i just follow the 75% def and rest HP ??

i hav heard that EVA is good for pvp but i donno hw it works in PVE u mind explaining this thing
i mean the stat comparison on bards Very Happy ty

and ur guide is amazing helped me a lot

Ill Wait for ur reply thx Smile  

In PVE mobs will miss you if you have insanly high EVA, tho is something ur reliant on luck...
See it this way, you'll be hit with a 50k hit, you have high EVA, so you'll have a chance to dodge it tho if u'll be hit ull be in a critical state...

now the same 50k hit with more defense and Hp for sure ull lower it even tho with some eva u might dodge it u have just less chances to do it, but still u wont recieve the 50k damage with higher defense Wink

And yeah ppl usually say EVA is for PVP because moves usually have higher accuracy than us players, so they wont miss as much as a player Wink they will miss but isnt something u can rely on Wink