Zokari771

Rank 2
Zokari771
PostedJan 05, 2014 2:11 pm

Best Subclass for Gunslinger?

I plan to roll a Gunslinger once the OBT is released, and I've heard that at level 40 you can pick a second class as a sub-class to complement your main class. What I'm wondering is what works well/best for a Gunslinger, and also what are the differences between having a class as a subclass and having it as a main class. What are the differences between a main Wizard and a Ravager with Wizard as a sub for example.

Any help would be appreciated, and sorry if this has been discussed already but I couldn't find anything that could help me out when I searched earlier.
Advertisement

xzpwnz24

Rank 2
xzpwnz24
PostedJan 05, 2014 2:23 pm
Main classes have a bonus of +3 skill levels in all their skills and whatever special effect that may be in their envoy's path, subclass skills have a x3 longer cooldown
If it were me, I'd go with gun/wiz because it's great for single target damage later on

mokkipo

Rank 0
mokkipo
PostedJan 05, 2014 2:32 pm
Your main class will always be stronger than your sub class. Think of a sub class as something that compliments your main. Also sub class skills will have a way longer cool down. Also envoy skills only add to your main. You will get ultimates for both though.

I haven't played a Gunslinger, but I think a Gun/Sorc (for debuffs and healing), Gun/Wiz for single dmg and aoe. Or you could go Gun/Grenade and have good dps. Really its up to you. Pick which two classes that would compliment eachother well.

Zokari771

Rank 2
Zokari771
PostedJan 05, 2014 2:46 pm
Thank you very much both of you for your replies. Smile

Could you give me a little more information about how the sub-class actually works? Like do you switch between classes during combat, or are you just your main class but with sub-class skills? And on the subject of envoy skills, do you mean any points I put into my envoy path will only affect me as a Gunslinger and not as a Wizard or Grenadier sub for example?

xzpwnz24

Rank 2
xzpwnz24
PostedJan 05, 2014 2:51 pm
Zokari771 wrote:
Thank you very much both of you for your replies. Smile

Could you give me a little more information about how the sub-class actually works? Like do you switch between classes during combat, or are you just your main class but with sub-class skills? And on the subject of envoy skills, do you mean any points I put into my envoy path will only affect me as a Gunslinger and not as a Wizard or Grenadier sub for example?  
You automatically switch to your subclass weapon when a skill of that class is used during combat
Each main class has their own unique envoy's path that you can build differently, some options in the envoy's path benefit both classes (if it plainly states 4% increase in damage) there are however options that only benefit your main class (4% increase in damage when equipped with dual pistols) and main class skill upgrades

Zokari771

Rank 2
Zokari771
PostedJan 05, 2014 3:06 pm
xzpwnz24 wrote:
You automatically switch to your subclass weapon when a skill of that class is used during combat
Each main class has their own unique envoy's path that you can build differently, some options in the envoy's path benefit both classes (if it plainly states 4% increase in damage) there are however options that only benefit your main class (4% increase in damage when equipped with dual pistols) and main class skill upgrades  

Thank you once again, that's cleared up a lot of questions that me and my friends have. Smile

Virtuezx

Rank 0
PostedJan 05, 2014 3:37 pm
I liked this guide to help choose a second class
Click me!

Here is also a detailed look at all the class skills at what not.
Click me too!

helar86

Rank 0
PostedJan 07, 2014 7:58 pm
Want to ask, DoT from trap applies only if target keep staying in trap?

znim

Rank 0
znim
PostedJan 07, 2014 8:21 pm
helar86 wrote:

Yea the damage continues as long as they are on it.

unknownelfen

Rank 0
unknownelfen
PostedJan 07, 2014 9:25 pm
znim wrote:
helar86 wrote:

Yea the damage continues as long as they are on it.  

Actually its wrong.

Step on trap to trigger the DoT, doesn't matter if you are inside or outside the trap, the dot will continue.

Elfen - Guardian/Bard - Lv 65