DoubleN94

Rank 0
DoubleN94
PostedJan 03, 2014 3:11 am   Last edited by DoubleN94 on Mar 13, 2014 4:30 am. Edited 25 times in total

Secret Stone Secrets

[ INCOMPLETE. LOCALIZATION IN PROGRESS. ]
[ Requesting this Thread to be Moved to ( Self Help > General > Gameplay ) ]

I. About

What are Secret Stones? Secret Stones are items that you will eventually discover in-game that improve certain Skills and give Bonuses to the Character.

II. Acquisition

To get Secret Stones, one can either Buy them from NPC's or other Players, or Hunt them from Monsters.

1. Master NPC's in Navea (Military Hall).

2. Player Stalls in Navea (Stall Area).

3. Secret Stone Merchants in each Town.

Note: Limited to Cardinal Weapon Secret Stones for each Class.

Note: Cardinal Secret Stones works EXACTLY THE SAME as Crimson Secret Stones. I'm guessing it was given this Prefix to avoid confusion.

Secret Stones can be Traded, but will bind once Used / Upgraded.

Note: Cardinal Secret Stones can not be Traded.

III. Primary Prefix

As shown in Chapter II, there are multiple Secret Stones for each Skill. I will refer to these different types as Prefixes.

Let's take a look at two different Secret Stones for the Duelist Skill Slash Cut.

As shown above, Crimson and Golden are the Prefixes for the two different Secret Stones. They both Enhance Slash Cut, but different in their Bonuses.

1. Crimson increases the DMG.
2. Golden increases BOTH the DMG and CRIT DMG.

Note: Primary Prefixes apply ONLY to the Skill.

Once you've decided which Secret Stone is more suitable to your style, go ahead and Buy it.

All right. Good bye, 500 Silver.

WOAH **** WHAT HAPPENED TO MY SECRET STONE?! WHERE DID THOSE COME FROM?

This is the main reason why I made this guide. What basically happened is

IV. Secondary Prefix

Unlike Primary Prefixes, Secondary Prefixes are given at Random on Acquisition.

Let's take a look again at the newly bought Secret Stone.

In the example above, we can see that we gained TWO new Bonuses.

1. Increase CRIT DMG by 3%.
2. Increase DMG to Frost Attribute by 7%.

Note: Secondary Prefixes are determined by the FIRST Bonus given, so be sure to check out both Bonuses if it is good or not.

Pretty cool, right? But is that not inferior to the other Secret Stone?

Note: Secondary Prefixes apply to the Character, not to the Skill.

What.

This.

WHAT.

So here we are given a Bonus which not only affects one, but ALL of the Skills that you have!
Advertisement

DoubleN94

Rank 0
DoubleN94
PostedJan 03, 2014 3:11 am   Last edited by DoubleN94 on Mar 15, 2014 11:45 am. Edited 19 times in total
V. Primary Prefix Table

Note: Not all Primary Prefixes are available to one Skill.

Legend:

1. Red: Applies to all Skills except the Bard Skills Healing Harmony and Holy Notes.
2. Blue: Only applies to the Bard Skills Healing Harmony and Holy Notes.

3. A: Value is dependent on the Skill.
4. B: Value is less than A.
5. C: Value is less than B.

6. X: Value is dependent on the Skill.

7. S: Seconds
8. M: Meters

VI. Secondary Prefix Table

My apologies for the incomplete table. I have not yet learned of the proper Prefixes for the other Bonuses and I would update them as soon as I do learn of them. Help is very much welcomed.

Note: DMG And DEF Secret Stones DO NOT exist currently. Instead, we have Damage Dealt +X% and Damage Taken -X%.

Note: DMG Secret Stones do work, but they DO NOT increase your DMG Stat directly. This is why I refer to these as Damage Dealt Secret Stones as they work like Damage Taken Secret Stones, being a Final Multiplier.

VII. Upgrade

Note: Although Secret Stones can be Inlaid in Armors for a Direct DMG Boost (Unaffected by Bonuses), they can also be Fed to Secret Stones for a huge amount of EXP.

VIII. Secret Stone List

DESOUL

Rank 3
DESOUL
PostedJan 03, 2014 3:12 am
Don't we already have a pretty indepth sigil guide with all the prefixes/suffixes?

xzpwnz24

Rank 2
xzpwnz24
PostedJan 03, 2014 3:14 am
DESOUL wrote:
Don't we already have a pretty indepth sigil guide with all the prefixes/suffixes?  
The more the better, probably

Sixaxis

Rank 3
Sixaxis
PostedJan 03, 2014 4:56 am
Should just work something out with the other guy doing the Sigil Guide and combine them or something; unless you're trying to make one even more in-depth than his (Which is what it looks like you're doing): http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?p=17849827#17849827

DoubleN94

Rank 0
DoubleN94
PostedJan 04, 2014 8:20 am
Sixaxis wrote:

Should just work something out with the other guy doing the Sigil Guide and combine them or something; unless you're trying to make one even more in-depth than his (Which is what it looks like you're doing)

Having a separate guide has its own perks, in my opinion. I will have complete control over the updates made within the thread and to ensure that they are of high accuracy.

On another note, updated.

Fontelerry

Rank 0
Fontelerry
PostedJan 05, 2014 5:01 pm
nice info there

WarZone_A

Rank 2
WarZone_A
PostedJan 05, 2014 5:12 pm
Even though i figure it all by myself back when CBT, reading it allover again in different view make my head hurts.

Still nice guide.

RIP Whoever Onboard MH370, you all shall be remember.

DoubleN94

Rank 0
DoubleN94
PostedJan 14, 2014 5:38 pm
Sorry for the sudden disappearance of updates, but I'm currently trying to find out the proper Prefixes for the remaining Bonuses.

Rest assured I will have new contents up within the day.

kittymix

Rank 3
kittymix
PostedJan 14, 2014 5:41 pm
Some of those prefixes are bugged where it says it boosts effect of one skill but actually boosts effect of a different skill. I notice this on my bard the other day.