tobi_dream

Rank 0
tobi_dream
PostedJan 02, 2014 8:29 pm   Last edited by tobi_dream on Feb 25, 2014 8:06 pm. Edited 20 times in total

Patronus's Beginners Guide to Bards <33

Basic, Simple, Need to Know, stuff about Bards and Healing C:
Patronus's Beginners Guide to Bards <33

This Thread is a Class Guide to the Bard Class~ All Info on here is contributed by players in the AK community (mostly myself though) Here you can find info on combos, builds, and healing in general! Feel free to ask questions. I will try to keep this thread filled with as much information as I possibly can, if you know of any information that you think belongs here or want and knew information put on here please request and I will do what I can do, as long as I see it is relevant and I have time to update c:

~My Little Eidolon?! o.o
just like every other class you need to find a Eidolon that fills in the gaps that your character lacks. As a healing class, Bards lack in dps and defensive abilites. I recommend starting out with either
Seriff OR Grimm
or
Seriff is a little "tank" Eidolon which can help you do some more damage and take aggro off of you and Grimm is a dps Eidolon which can help you kill mobs faster. In truth it really doesn't matter which Eidolon you pick (most people prefer Merilee, the cute pink haired sprite), cause they all do about the same thing, but some compliment some classes better then others~
SPOILER: at level 25 you get this beaUUUUUtiful Eidolon that is super tanky and is perfect for farming mobs with a bard ;D just so you know.

~Skills of the Trade... Literally o3o
[Storm Song] - your basic attack, you start with this move at the very beginning.
[Blissful Harmony] - Single Target, Damage over Time. does X amount of damage over time for 8 seconds.
[Healing Harmony] - Gained at level 4. This is your basic healing spell. Single target heal that heals quite alot of health. Also heals the caster.
[Ambient Drone] - Gained at level 8, this spell attacks and stuns all enemies near the user for 3 seconds.
[Ballad] - Gained at level 13, this is your HoT spell, stacks 3 times. Heals X amount of HP over 15 seconds to all party members (Like your MoL for all you Eden players.) Instacast and can cast while running so very useful for staying alive
[Healing Tones] - Gained at level 18, this healing spell heals all party members for a solid amount of HP. Not very strong (imo) so don't rely on it too much.
[Holy Notes] - Gained at level 24. This is an instacast spell that heals a single target. Very useful for when a player (or yourself) is about to die. Heals a moderate amount of health, but long cooldown so use wisely
[Rhapsody] - Gained at level 30, this spell increases the parties move speed by 10% for 30 minutes note it consumes x1 Note of Rhapsody. A Note of Rhapsody can be found @ a Grocer and can be bought for 868s. I do not recommend using this spell due to being expensive and I see no use for it right now (might be useful later for farming)

~Setting up a little interface~

Now that we know a little about the skills, let talk about how we should configure them in our key thingy. All players have a two stack thing like this

Starting off in the game you won't have many skills, but later on you will gain many and you will want to put them in a position to fit your playing style. The quesiton you want to ask yourself is "Do I want to heal mostly, or DPS?" This means do you want to configure it so you can access healing abilities better, or your dps skills. If you want to do alot of dungeons, or heal in pvp I would suggest putting your healing skills on the bottom row. This way you can use them by clicking 1-8 allowing you to get to the faster.

This is how I would recommend you have your skills set out for healing.
In this setting I have my:
1) Main heal spell
2) insta cast heal spell
3) HoT spell
4) and my party heals spell
and my dps on top so they don't get in my way >:C
This is actually how I have my spells set (besides my sorcerer spells added) but to each his own, and you should explore and find a way to have them that fits your needs best c:

~When To Heal??~

Notice: Your heals DO create malice

A lot of healers do not understand that their heals create malice. This can be a problem in dungeons and such. When in a dungeon, you should wait to heal until the tank has taken aggro of the mob(s) so that they do not kill you. A lot of tanks get very frustrated by healers who heal just for the fun of it. At the beginning of a dungeon, before you start, it is NOT recommended to stack your HoT move and to use whatever spells to get ready, this is because you are still in the dungeon and you are creating aggro, they may ask for you to "buff them" and such, but this will cause the first couple of mobs to attack you causing even more malice to be created. (your tank should be tough enough to not need your healing, unless he/she is as squishy as a jellyfish) Once the tank has come to a stop and gathered all of the mobs he/she desires, you may then start healing c: if by chance you DO start getting attacked (don't worry it happens to us all *hair flip* heals too OP) just run around and try to draw the mob into the tank so they get attacked, but don't sit there, cause the chances of you getting hit by an aoe are kinda high. owo

Wizard VS. Sorcerer; The not so epic fight of the fangirls \ o/

Bard/ Grim:
Here is a list of ALL of the spells that come with going with the Grimoire class as your second class \ o/
Soul Draw: Single Target spell that leeches 10% of opponents health.
Demon Seal:Targets will suffer a continuous damage tick, have reduced EVA, and take additional damage from further attacks for 12 seconds, small area attack
Shadow Bolt: Single Target attack that Immobilizes target for 4 seconds.
Blood Seal: Effect : Targets will suffer a continuous damage tick, have reduced Crit, and will heal HP to attackers for 12 seconds
Rejuvenation Mantra: Allies will gain HP per second for 12 seconds and will randomly cure a single negative status.
Flame Impact: Fires a straight-line AoE dealing Flame damage.
Nightmare Totem: Places a totem that causes sleep and a continuous damage tick for 6 seconds
Powerful Strike Mantra: Allies will gain a DMG boost for 30 minutes; consumes one Murmuring Holy Water

Ultimate Skills; from Envoy Path
[Song of Winds] Grants Speed, raises evasion by flat amount
[Fire Sprite] summons fire sprite (lasts 30 seconds)
[Holy Sound Wave] single line attack

Though lacking in the ultimate skills, the Bard/grim combo seems to be a favorite for its "full support" status. when taking this path, you receive an area HoT (heal over time) that also removes a debuff. This ability makes it ideal for pvp allowing you to have another HoT ability PLUS a debuff skill. Your Fire Sprite can actual be very useful, it does about the same damage as another player (without special skills) and has above average HP and very high Defense.

Bard/ Staff:
Here is a list of ALL of the spells that come with going with the Wizard class as your second class \ o/
Fireball:Your basic fireball attack, does a flat amount of damage to a single target.
Icy Curse:This is a single target ice attack that does and X amount of DoT
Ice Storm: Does flat damage to a group of enemies and gives immobilized status (3 seconds)
Rejuvenating Prayer: Heals X amount of damage. Lasts 12 seconds
Storm Curse: Does damage to a single line of enemies
Meteor Shot: Area attack that Summons Meteors to rain down on your enemies
Instant Thunder: deals electric damage to a single target and teleports you to them. stuns for 3 seconds.
Energy Conflux: Increases party members’ critical damage by 20%, lasts 30 minutes

Ultimate Skills; from Envoy Path
Raises party members attack
deals lightning damage to enemies (area attack?)
lowers damage party members recieve

Going with this duo you receive to party buffs (increase in attack power, and a shield reducing damage taken.) You also get more dps from that staff along with an aoe and other dps attacks

Other skills:
These are other skills that you can find on your Envoys Path. You do not have to have a certain weapon combo to use these.

[Efficient Immune System] - When attacked there is a 35% chance that a negative debuff will be removed from you.
[Child of the Sun] - Damage of Holy Skills +10%
[Sneak] - Malice -50%
[Energized Healing] - Damage +10% after healing yourself, lasts 20 seconds.
Prickliness - Reflect 10% damage when attacked

Just so you know
Crits DO effect heals (not Hots though)

If you have any questions please post below. If you see any typos or incorrect data please contact me via messages (to keep from spam lul). If you have anything information, etc you want added post below so we can see how effective and accurate the information is c:

Here are a few Guides that are floating in cyber space that you also might find useful~

Muse's Bard/Wiz PvE Guide
A VERY in depth guide to healing and such, mostly points to Bard/Wiz but tons of other useful info

~Patronus, Hydra Server
Advertisement

Raymond13557

Rank 0
Raymond13557
PostedJan 02, 2014 8:31 pm
to think... i thought healing was all work.. but to me all that effort in healing others makes it well worth it.

schattenwulf123

Rank 0
schattenwulf123
PostedJan 02, 2014 8:38 pm
The Harp-Grim combo buff raises Evasion by a flat amount, not SPD. It's a Typo.

Harp-Grim is considered 'full support' because grim gives bard an aoe-debuff remove for the party which is also an extra heal-over-time. Also grim gets debuffs that lets allies deal extra damage on enemies, or makes anyone that hits a debuffed enemy heal-per-hit (bloodseal).

jeanhawks

Rank 0
PostedJan 02, 2014 8:58 pm
I've gone for spd/crit/ (def and hp mix)

i realised with that the longer single heal i can heal 18k in one go... o.O
it was 3 heals in one... i think crit heals were part of it too....
quite powerfull...saw it battle tab. not best heal i think but i think quite impresive

a few things i will (re)roll in obt:

- i roll for bard/sorc in obt. the shield/atk skills from wiz as supp is quite daring. but i believe that curing pt later ingame will help party more. cause in most other mmos out there, debuffs in late game are quite powerfull.

- i'll work up my speed to 50% to assist in faster healing and more free cds

- I'll work up my def somehow before 70% ...60% i would say ( i believe i get more def with equip, buffs otherwise

- I'll get more hp for sure

- I'll get again crit stat for sure, my direct heals benefit a lot from it. and i can deal a bit better dmg too.

- i'll roll for the hp, atk speed, def stats, - malice, support spells + helpfull passive skill for bard from envoy path

had bard/wiz before but missing a lot more support benefit. else tried in cbt and was highly satiesfying me ^^

tobi_dream

Rank 0
tobi_dream
PostedJan 02, 2014 9:44 pm

Raymond13557 "to think... i thought healing was all work.. but to me all that effort in healing others makes it well worth it."  

Very nice quote o3o

@ schattenwulf123 -
Thank you for clearing up the confusion on the Harp/Grim combo o/ I can see why that debuff can be very important, unfortunately that is the only thing I see that can be worthwhile for Bard/Grim D:

@ jeanhawks - impressive heal o.o I haven't started looking at my heals yet (still only level 34). It sounds like crit does have something to do with healing, which should be very useful. I agree with you on the cast speed xD I miss my 80% on my other games </3.

Thank you for your opinions and information o/

aminru

Rank 2
aminru
PostedJan 02, 2014 9:49 pm
jeanhawks wrote:

- i'll roll for the hp, atk speed, def stats, - malice, support spells + helpfull passive skill for bard from envoy path

I'm... not sure whether the -50% malice passive is even necessary, considering you're going def/hp. More likely than not you'll be able to at least take 2 shots from the boss and still live to tell the tale (no pun intended).

Heals that aren't HoTs can crit, however.

Sepyui

Rank 0
Sepyui
PostedJan 02, 2014 11:33 pm
Interesting thread, thanks for gathering the information. As a Bard main myself, I'll be keeping a close eye on this.

Maybe if I learn something, I'll share it here too Smile

taufanbakti88

Rank 0
PostedJan 02, 2014 11:50 pm
Anyone know about Overtone (Buff attack envoy skill) ?
My current point boost around 873. What i realize is that skill doesn't increase with level while Sonic Shield (Def buff envoy) keep increase as my level increase. Anyone feel the same ?

EndlessLullaby

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
EndlessLullaby
PostedJan 03, 2014 12:00 am
I think I'll give Bard\Grim SoW build a try
My main has the Fire Sprite.
Go Bards!<3

DESOUL

Rank 3
DESOUL
PostedJan 03, 2014 12:19 am