Mr.Renji

Rank 0
Mr.Renji
PostedDec 30, 2013 9:39 am

Pure Tank Guardian Build? ^_^

Build Question/Discussion
I'm assuming that SPD would be the best offensive stat for a pure tank Guardian. However, I have a question about it.
1. Do skills that create malice, create more malice when they do more damage? Or is the amount a flat number?

I've played enough MMORPGs to also assume that building DEF as a main stat and getting HP from gear is also the best route for a pure tank. (Please tell me if I'm wrong)

2. What is the most useful sub-class (if there is one) for a pure tank. The situation this question pertains to is a dungeon where there is a Bard, multiple DPSs, and myself. Which class offers the most assistance to my team in terms of debuffs, secondhand damage (maybe a class that does a lot of high flat damage who doesn't need damage or crit stacking to hurt things), or possibly a Bard as sub to heal myself?

Thoughts, facts and opinions welcome!
(I realize this is formatted atrociously, but I just woke up so..)

Advertisement

xzpwnz24

Rank 2
xzpwnz24
PostedDec 30, 2013 9:57 am
1. They create more malice when doing more damage
It's the opposite in this game, at endgame guardians can reach the def cap without spending any stat points in defense (for pve they usually put all of it into hp and all of it into eva for pvp), poverty players need to spend some points into def before reaching the cap
2. This would be between a ravager and bard subclass (whether you prefer to support your team with damage or heals)

Mr.Renji

Rank 0
Mr.Renji
PostedDec 30, 2013 10:00 am
xzpwnz24 wrote:
1. They create more malice when doing more damage
It's the opposite in this game, at endgame guardians can reach the def cap without spending any stat points in defense (for pve they usually put all of it into hp and all of it into eva for pvp), poverty players need to spend some points into def before reaching the cap
2. This would be between a ravager and bard subclass (whether you prefer to support your team with damage or heals)  

Very useful information, thank you!

ClumLord

Rank 0
ClumLord
PostedDec 30, 2013 10:02 am
1. Yes, malice is affected by damage. However, going for speed lowers the cooldown of those spells to compensate, aswell as your 2 shields (which is very very useful).

And yes i would advise putting your points into def to cap it at 75% and then go for HP. However it is known that an upgraded gear (+10-20 depending on your level) can get you to 75% damage reduction without points in defense, so you can chose to put all your points into HP right away if you like to PvE more or in Evasion if you like PvP. Just know that Evasion is pretty much useless in high level PvE since bosses and some mobs have high accuracy (chances to hit you).

2. Bard is the most useful sub-class. You would have more damage if you went for ravager, but want do you want? Having decent damage and tankiness, therefore not being that important in groups, or go for what will make you invincible? Going bard would mean having nice flat heals and HoT, while having put your points into speed gives you reduced cooldowns. And if there is already a bard in your group, that won't mean you will become useless, it will actually make their job easier as they won't have to renew the HoT spell every 15 sec aswell as healing everybody with their 3 other heal spells. Also, healing generates menace, so you would take some off of them by healing too.

qawsar

Rank 5
qawsar
PostedDec 30, 2013 10:34 am
ClumLord wrote:
2. Bard is the most useful sub-class. You would have more damage if you went for ravager, but want do you want? Having decent damage and tankiness, therefore not being that important in groups, or go for what will make you invincible? Going bard would mean having nice flat heals and HoT, while having put your points into speed gives you reduced cooldowns. And if there is already a bard in your group, that won't mean you will become useless, it will actually make their job easier as they won't have to renew the HoT spell every 15 sec aswell as healing everybody with their 3 other heal spells. Also, healing generates menace, so you would take some off of them by healing too.  

Actually bits of this are untrue. Bard sub is nice to keep yourself healed, but since bard main players will refresh HoT on the entire party, their going to refresh it on the tank regardless.

Also with the malicious passive and other passives on the new envoy path, most tanks can keep aggro later without even having to use taunt, so a healer stealing aggro off you is never an issue.

Also Ravager's AoE stun allows for the party to mass mob aggro a dungeon and then just stun and keep malice as the party safely chews away at a group, harp can do this as well as a sub.

Guardian/Bard is more PvE, while Guardian/Ravager is PvP, but Guardian/Ravager can also tank PvE perfectly fine if you know what your doing.

zemcyber

Rank 0
zemcyber
PostedDec 30, 2013 10:35 am
Is there any way to know the stat of the end game gear with +20? SO we can build around it, or we can reset the stat using some kind of cash item or something?

xzpwnz24

Rank 2
xzpwnz24
PostedDec 30, 2013 10:45 am
zemcyber wrote:
Is there any way to know the stat of the end game gear with +20? SO we can build around it, or we can reset the stat using some kind of cash item or something?  
You can reset your stats using ingame money

ClumLord

Rank 0
ClumLord
PostedDec 30, 2013 11:05 am
qawsar wrote:
ClumLord wrote:

Actually bits of this are untrue. Bard sub is nice to keep yourself healed, but since bard main players will refresh HoT on the entire party, their going to refresh it on the tank regardless.

Also with the malicious passive and other passives on the new envoy path, most tanks can keep aggro later without even having to use taunt, so a healer stealing aggro off you is never an issue.

Also Ravager's AoE stun allows for the party to mass mob aggro a dungeon and then just stun and keep malice as the party safely chews away at a group, harp can do this as well as a sub.

Guardian/Bard is more PvE, while Guardian/Ravager is PvP, but Guardian/Ravager can also tank PvE perfectly fine if you know what your doing.  

I think the HoT spell is not renewed by the bard if he's at a lower level than you; it is the case between two bards but i'm not sure if it's the case too when the harp is a sub-weapon.

And Guardian ravager, not matter what you say, is BAD. Guardians overall lose their importance end game, any class with a decent equipment will be able to tank, the only exception being maybe the Sky Tower. So if you want to really be the tank of the group, why the Hard would you go for ravager, a class that has completly different objectives than you. As a guardian, you WILL be outdamaged by pretty much everyone (except bards maybe) so why take a sub-class that won't give you anything more to help you tank?

Plus, with a +20 weapon, you will have decent damage as it is.

vanillaawre

Rank 0
vanillaawre
PostedDec 30, 2013 11:11 am
ClumLord wrote:
qawsar wrote:
ClumLord wrote:

I think the HoT spell is not renewed by the bard if he's at a lower level than you; it is the case between two bards but i'm not sure if it's the case too when the harp is a sub-weapon.

And Guardian ravager, not matter what you say, is BAD. Guardians overall lose their importance end game, any class with a decent equipment will be able to tank, the only exception being maybe the Sky Tower. So if you want to really be the tank of the group, why the **** would you go for ravager, a class that has completly different objectives than you. As a guardian, you WILL be outdamaged by pretty much everyone (except bards maybe) so why take a sub-class that won't give you anything more to help you tank?

Bard renews ballard constantly and it effects everyone. It doesn't matter how low of a level you are or higher or not. It still effects you.

zemcyber

Rank 0
zemcyber
PostedDec 30, 2013 11:35 am
ClumLord wrote:

And Guardian ravager, not matter what you say, is BAD. Guardians overall lose their importance end game, any class with a decent equipment will be able to tank, the only exception being maybe the Sky Tower. So if you want to really be the tank of the group, why the **** would you go for ravager, a class that has completly different objectives than you. As a guardian, you WILL be outdamaged by pretty much everyone (except bards maybe) so why take a sub-class that won't give you anything more to help you tank?

so actually Guardian fall of in the end game? ****, thats sad. Sad

so the best subclass for guardian is bard? o_0