alabarnet

Rank 0
PostedDec 30, 2013 6:15 am

What secondary class fits the best with the Grenadier?

Hello! Razz I wanna ask from that people, whos knows even the end game and saw the harder mazes, and played on the HK or TW servers: Whats secondary class fits well with the grenadier? (I know that I will get a lot answer like: It depends from your play style, you have time to build a lot grenadier to see the subclass combinations...I did this all, but the another classes have allready some guide..)
So if somebody knows better this class, pls share with us some info/experience about the chosen subclasses: like duelists, sorcerer, bard? , gunsiegler..etc., positive,/ negative sides.. Thank you!
Advertisement

fran0711

Rank 0
fran0711
PostedDec 30, 2013 6:26 am
I went for Grenadier/Sorc, because I feelt that I need more "heal" in the dungeons + the sorcerers got some nice attack, but I'm not sure if this was the best choose how sub class.

SakuraSetsuna

Rank 1
SakuraSetsuna
PostedDec 30, 2013 7:24 am
Anything that complements the Grenadier's role of backline DPS and support. Therefore, definitely not Guardian, Ravager, or Duelist. Duelist MIGHT be okay if you're using it to cover your butt when dem Ravagers soar at you, but I don't see any use for it in PvE other than somewhat potent melee DPS.

That leaves ranged options. Bard is an okay subclass but from what I've heard it doesn't pan out in the long run, and with your HP healing crystal dealie you should have heals more than covered 'cept in dungeons.

Sorc is like everyone's favorite subclass cause utility is too good, with the CC, DoTs, and heal. Still, you already have a heal, I'm pretty sure you've got decent CC with the stun and ice.

Wizard is pretty good if you wanna add more nuking potential to your inventory. More damage/CC which works well with Grenadier.

And finally, Gunslingers are actually a pretty sexy cause traps are great when people step in em. They basically do what you do but with more mobility and utility and less damage. But your traps aren't as good as Gunslinger mains and have pretty high CDs, and DPS you have in spades.

tl;dr Depends what you want out of your Grenadier. Sorry, but it's true, lolol.

yuumimi

Rank 0
PostedDec 30, 2013 5:14 pm
I went Gren/Bard but considered Gren/sorc. It came down to the gear attribute of the harp is similar to cannon IMO (SPD build)
I plan on PVE not so much PVP (not enough hours to work and play)
I put alot of points in SPD so bard heal CD is only 1.2s
I figured this will let me solo most things when I can't find party in the limited amount time that I have to play