jotasnake

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
jotasnake
PostedJan 02, 2014 9:43 am
dante_cabal wrote:
so this means i have to download the french client to play on the eu server and enjoy events + battlegrounds in my timezone?
you dont need a phD to tell that this is BS. atleast let us join the french server with a english client....  

It is simply common sense. THe international english version is run by the US office and therefore events and such have to done at times where the GMs are at the office.

You don't have to download the french client, im also from europe and im quite happy in this one. If i have to miss on some events so be it, i'll play on my own regular time.

The point of the french server is to have a game translated into a diferent language for a diferent group of people, i dont think its intended as an EU server to help those with ping related issues.

Advertisement

thekaxy

Rank 0
PostedJan 02, 2014 12:15 pm
jotasnake wrote:
dante_cabal wrote:
so this means i have to download the french client to play on the eu server and enjoy events + battlegrounds in my timezone?
you dont need a phD to tell that this is BS. atleast let us join the french server with a english client....  

It is simply common sense. THe international english version is run by the US office and therefore events and such have to done at times where the GMs are at the office.

You don't have to download the french client, im also from europe and im quite happy in this one. If i have to miss on some events so be it, i'll play on my own regular time.

The point of the french server is to have a game translated into a diferent language for a diferent group of people, i dont think its intended as an EU server to help those with ping related issues.  

i still don't get the idea of making a france server for french instead of making a Europe Servers for everyone....

Superman0X

GameMaster: USA
Superman0X
PostedJan 02, 2014 12:22 pm
thekaxy wrote:
jotasnake wrote:
dante_cabal wrote:

i still don't get the idea of making a france server for french instead of making a Europe Servers for everyone....  

Anyone can play on either of the servers. they are both for EVERYONE. The servers (and clients) are configured to support one language each. The EN Server is located in North America (but anyone can play on it). The FR Server is located in Europe (but anyone can play on it).

jotasnake

jotasnake
PostedJan 02, 2014 12:23 pm
Because there is a server for europeans who know english, its the international version of the game in english. The servers may be located but that makes no diference to your gameplay enjoyment. Unless you have a bad connection, you shouldn't notice any diference.

I have played so many mmorpg over the years, most of them located in the US, and im from Europe and never had issues.

The only issue is indeed event times but this can't be changed, you can't run events without someone actually running them from the office and you don't expect GMs to be there at 3 or 4 am running events for the europeans. Thats why there will be a GS team conducting events as well, to try and make them available to a wider schedule.

Keep in mind a couple of things. First, this is a beta phase and therefore lag issues is to be expected. Second, AGE has done it in the past and may do it again when they release a server with EU timezone event friendly, too soon to tell. Third, i hardly believe that the french server was meant as an european server but rather something for french speaking people as most europeans don't speak French (contrary to what some believe), therefore if you don't know english you're stuck waiting for a translation for your language or playing a game that you don't understand the language, if you know english play the worldwide available version.

This is not an fps game, thats where server location may play a part because a quarter of a second lag could be the diference between life and death. In mmorpg, after playing them for years, i haven't had a problem with lag with myself being an european. If you have, it's because your connection isn't good enough (mine is decent, not top notch) or your computer has some issue.

marian_sasuke

Rank 0
PostedJan 02, 2014 1:42 pm
The thing is - some people from EU suffer from higher ping which is pretty gamebreaking when in PVP you're up against players from NA. Don't know if I check right but I checked through the resource monitor and my ping is always above 130 and wouldn't go down (also have laetrix installed).

jotasnake

jotasnake
PostedJan 02, 2014 1:59 pm
Not sure what machine and speed connection you have but improving those will greatly decrease your ping.

Don't play the game in settings above the ones your computer can handle. Make sure you're not running anything on the background in your computer that may use some of your bandwidth. Also make sure you're computer is defragged regularly as this could be a source for lower fps.

You should have a diferent ping than people from the US but like i said if all the conditions are met and your machine is clean and your connection is at the very least decent, you shouldn't even notice the diference.

marian_sasuke

Rank 0
PostedJan 02, 2014 2:06 pm
My computer specs are AMD Athlon x2 3,01 ghz processor, 3 gigs ram and NVIDIA 9600GT DDR3 1gb video card.
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3203344753.png - this is my connection.
I don't know why but I always experience higher pings than 120 when I play in NA servers which is annoying.

jotasnake

jotasnake
PostedJan 02, 2014 2:09 pm
With those stats and computer speed i wouldn't think you would encounter such a high ping.

Not sure what the issue could be, sorry.

marian_sasuke

Rank 0
PostedJan 02, 2014 4:24 pm
Could it be from the ram ? If I read right the game needs 4 gigs of ram.

jotasnake

jotasnake
PostedJan 02, 2014 4:26 pm
marian_sasuke wrote:
Could it be from the ram ? If I read right the game needs 4 gigs of ram.  

I also have 3 GBs of ram and didn't have any lag issues. Been experiencing a bit of lag during the stress test but thats expected, during the founders/close beta i was doing great.