Azda2

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
Azda2
PostedDec 26, 2013 12:47 pm   Last edited by Azda2 on Aug 13, 2014 12:30 am. Edited 6 times in total

Cyandra's Crit Bomb Wizard Sorcerer

Please note, this guide is very old.. created back during Founders Beta and may not be very accurate. I am not the most active or experienced player and have no plans on creating a new guide because of this. Please make sure to check out a newer guide from a more experienced player if you are reading this. Thanks!

Mastering The Crit Bomb

Recommended Eidolons:

Eternal Youth
Darling Dragon

Today I will show you the most efficient way to build your Wizard using Sorcerer as your second class if you are interested in providing massive DPS for whatever party you are in as well as in Arena and Duels. Even if you use a +0 Staff (which is dumb seeing how enhancing to +9 is fairly easy), you will STILL do a TON of damage. In order to accomplish this however you will need patience in finding the correct gears for your Wizard. Priority should be set by the following three stats respectively when choosing gears:

1.) Damage
2.) Crit
3.) HP

Character Build

There are three effective ways you can build your Wizard with the current cap at level 50. The first, which I recommend would be to take 15 CRIT and put the rest in DMG. This is the current build which I use on my Wizard and using this build you will Crit probably 50% of the time assuming you use the CRIT statted gears like listed above. The second way which you could build would be to put half your points in CRIT and the other half into SPD. At first thought you may think that's a pointless way to build however you're using your skills more often at a higher critical rate which can actually achieve a similar damage output of the first build. The downfall to this build is that you will lack damage if you're unable to successfully critical many times in a row. The third possibility, which is the most common that I've seen used, is to simply put full points into DMG. Doing so you will stand land a decent amount of crits however not as many as the two builds listed previously.

Envoy Path

For the highest damage output I recommend starting off taking all of the Battle Tactics DMG Masteries, Then Wizard Masteries 1,2, and 3. Then grabbing Wizardry for the extra range. After that take Wizard Studies 1,2 and 3. After you have all these save your points until you're able to unlock Frost Nova and Void Storm. The pick up Storm Caller as your last Mastery as it procs with both your Flash Storm and Void Storm.

Ultimate

For your General Skills I recommend taking Firebomb as your Firebomb skill has the shortest cool time of all your abilities and the stun is a little more useful overall than the knock back provided by Napalm. The Attack Spec you choose really depends on what character build you started with. If you are going with 50/50 SPD & CRIT either Focus or Boost would be your best two Specs. If you are going with full DMG then Zeal will be the best Spec for you to have. If you're going with a DMG/CRIT build like I am however then Divine Power or Callousness will be the Attack Specs you will want to choose from. For Advanced Skills you will want the Flash Storm upgrade as it's just far to efficient no matter what build you're using since it reduces 8% armor at a 100% chance. With Demon Seal and Flash Storm you will be shredding on Guardian's and Bards like no tomorrow. For Defense Spec the only useful one in our build is Vigor. With our Tactical Spec we will once again be going with the one that reduces armor called Break Defense. It has a 25% chance to activate which is basically 1 out of every 4 attacks, with our skills being highly spammable it's almost guaranteed to activate so this is once again just far too efficient at allowing us to shred on those Guardians and Bards. As for the very last category, Special Skills The Best Defense is the best mastery to take here as 1% of our damage will add quite a considerable amount to our defense. If you're rolling a CRIT/SPD build I would suggest taking the upgrade for Shattered Void however as the DoT added would be very useful to stack with your Demon Seal and Blood Seal skills.

How to combo your skills

The best way to combo your skills would be as follows:

Ranged Combo (If you need to keep as far from the enemy as possible)

Rejuvenating Prayer ~> Rejuvenation Mantra ~> Demon Seal ~> Firebomb / Ice Storm ~> Flash Storm ~> Demon Seal ~> Blood Seal ~> Firebomb / Ice Storm ~> Meteor Shot

Melee Combo (If you're being pressured or are able to get in close proximity to your opponent safely)

Rejuvenating Prayer ~> Instant Thunder ~> Demon Seal ~> Blood Seal ~> Flash Storm ~> Firebomb ~> Meteor Shot ~> Frost Nova ~> Void Storm ~> Rejuvenation Mantra ~> Devour Soul

Sigils

There's only two Sigils you require playing the Wizard class with my build. The first is a Fireball Sigil for your Staff and the second is a Flame Meteor Sigil for your Gloves. Make sure you put all of the Secret Stones you find into these two Sigils. On your other gears you're free to use any Sigil, even if for another class. The best thing to do for your other Sigils is try to find Sigils that add CRIT / CRIT DMG as they will be the most useful for this type of Wizard build. Below I will post some of the Sigils I am currently using. I won't include my Boot Sigil however because I'm still searching for something better I could use. Also please note that there is a difference between the Armor Sigil Meteor Shot and the Gloves Sigil named Flame Meteor, the Armor Sigil doesn't work with your skill named Meteor Shot which I have learned from experience, so make sure you don't level that Sigil if you choose to use it hehehe Smile

That's all for now, hope you enjoyed! Smile
Advertisement

fran0711

Rank 0
fran0711
PostedDec 26, 2013 1:20 pm
Thank you for this guide, I will try it out Very Happy . I got one question: Where to get this sigils, we can buy them from the NPC, or they are dungeon droops?
Oh, and something else, I think some days ago somebody reported here at the forum that the wizard mastery envoy patch dont works, its true? (Im not 100% sure that it was the wizard mastery, maybe it was the wizard study...but after some ppl recommended to he to add on another envoy "skills" , wich upgrade the damage...) Did you heard about this something?

Azda2

Azda2
PostedDec 26, 2013 3:49 pm   Last edited by Azda2 on Dec 26, 2013 4:00 pm. Edited 1 time in total
The Envoy's actually do work however the place you actually find the REAL stats for that is not the character page, but the button that says "Detailed List" on your character page. Looking at the image below you can see my derived CRIT DMG is 165% however if you check my detailed list I actually have 195% CRIT DMG total and not 165%. The reason this isn't listed under your Derived is because your Envoy effects aren't applied until AFTER you use a skill thus it's added separately from what you have when not using skills. With my Wiz Crit Party Buff I have 215% CRIT DMG total, however once again you only see this 215% reflected under the Detailed List and not my Derived because part of that 215% is only applied upon using abilities. Hope this answers your question. Smile

jotasnake

jotasnake
PostedDec 26, 2013 3:54 pm
Great guide for a wizard, finally one that i can fully support. I've been doing that envoy path as well, as for the stats i still don't know if i should continue with full damage or try to make a mix with crit in it as well.

When the cap increases, is it worth getting healing mantra or should i just worry about crit increase on the envoy path?

rinsaku19

Rank 0
rinsaku19
PostedDec 26, 2013 4:00 pm
To be honest, those combos are only theoretically reliable. If you played enough PvP you would know that casting demon seal(eva debuff) and blood seal(crit debuff) would kill you rather than help you. Casting those in PvP would kill you instantly because of the long cast time.

Azda2

Azda2
PostedDec 26, 2013 4:15 pm
Those combos work 100% of the time even if you're in a duel vs another player. I have almost 500 kills in PvP so far thus I am talking from experience. I win the vast majority of Arenas that I am in simply because I hit so hard that no one can live through my damage.

Demon Seal does more than just give an Evasion Debuff, The reason you use it first is because it stacks damage every time you attack (+455 damage with every attack) and it also provides a lasting DoT (797 damage per second).

Blood Seal reduces CRIT by almost 1,000 which is a huge amount, it provides a lasting heal by allowing you to heal 91 Health every time you hit an opponent this ability also procs multiple times when you cast Meteor Shot (I believe it can proc 4 times from using Meteor Shot a single time) and once again this skill provides yet another DoT (1138 damage per second).

Thus if any opponent is focusing you through those two abilities your team is already that much more likely to win the fight. It's extremely hard to kill through a caster who has stacked their Demon Seal, Blood Seal, and Devour Soul on you. The heal is just so massive if you are using the combo like I suggested (starting with your Rejuv Prayer & Mantra) that you can tank 2 or 3 Damage Dealers from the other team and still survive. Wizard is an extremely over powered class in this game when left without being crowd controlled that is almost not kill-able.

The only class that can kill me right now is a Duelist/Guardian and even then they need to have their weapon at least +9'd. Which even with that it's still a coin toss at who wins.

Soooo while it may seem foolish to start with those, it's the opposite. If you start with those you're just sealing the win for yourself.

@jotasnake
If you're going for a Damage Dealer then you don't want to branch into the DEF (Top Right) area. There's a couple of ways you could go about doing it, you can head up first into HP +1% and take all Attack Swiftness then go for the Snowman mastery or the second option, which is where I'll be focusing, is going to be to just finish off the bottom of your envoys completely by taking all Weak Point Analysis 1 + 2 then grabbing Astrology then do your Wizard Training 1,2, & 3.

DESOUL

Rank 3
DESOUL
PostedDec 26, 2013 4:35 pm
Okay guide, dont like the Envoy paths and stat distribution, also the signets could have been better, but overall okay for a first wiz guide.

rinsaku19

Rank 0
rinsaku19
PostedDec 26, 2013 4:38 pm
Azda2 wrote:
Those combos work 100% of the time even if you're in a duel vs another player. I have almost 500 kills in PvP so far thus I am talking from experience. I win the vast majority of Arenas that I am in simply because I hit so hard that no one can live through my damage.

Demon Seal does more than just give an Evasion Debuff, The reason you use it first is because it stacks damage every time you attack (+455 damage with every attack) and it also provides a lasting DoT (797 damage per second).

Blood Seal reduces CRIT by almost 1,000 which is a huge amount, it provides a lasting heal by allowing you to heal 91 Health every time you hit an opponent this ability also procs multiple times when you cast Meteor Shot (I believe it can proc 4 times from using Meteor Shot a single time) and once again this skill provides yet another DoT (1138 damage per second).

Thus if any opponent is focusing you through those two abilities your team is already that much more likely to win the fight. It's extremely hard to kill through a caster who has stacked their Demon Seal, Blood Seal, and Devour Soul on you. The heal is just so massive if you are using the combo like I suggested (starting with your Rejuv Prayer & Mantra) that you can tank 2 or 3 Damage Dealers from the other team and still survive. Wizard is an extremely over powered class in this game when left without being crowd controlled that is almost not kill-able.

The only class that can kill me right now is a Duelist/Guardian and even then they need to have their weapon at least +9'd. Which even with that it's still a coin toss at who wins.

Soooo while it may seem foolish to start with those, it's the opposite. If you start with those you're just sealing the win for yourself.

@jotasnake
If you're going for a Damage Dealer then you don't want to branch into the DEF (Top Right) area. There's a couple of ways you could go about doing it, you can head up first into HP +1% and take all Attack Swiftness then go for the Snowman mastery or the second option, which is where I'll be focusing, is going to be to just finish off the bottom of your envoys completely by taking all Weak Point Analysis 1 + 2 then grabbing Astrology then do your Wizard Training 1,2, & 3.  

I think your combo skills are directed towards tanky opponents. My combo does very well with Duelist/Guardian but can't deal with Bards.

This is prolly why I don't think it's the best combo, because the situation is different.

Anyways, great start! Have fun!

Altros253

Rank 0
PostedDec 26, 2013 5:13 pm
I'm not a wizard in-game, so I can't say too much on this. What I can say based on dueling my friend who is a wizard/sorc is that I think full crit would be better than splitting between crit and damage. If you went full crit you could get your crit rate to nearly double what it is now. the DMG stat doesn't help your DoTs from sorc and there's no way those 43 levels in DMG got any where near doubling your damage stats.

I also question calling that build a crit bomb build with only a 24% chance to crit. Wouldn't that mean you're only a crit bomb 1/4 of the time? I would rather go full CRIT and then stack gear with CRIT & CRIT DMG (especially going for level 48 blue gear with the "Lion's Fury" prefix as that gives +30% CRIT DMG against players).

This is just my 2 cents, and keep in mind that I don't have a wizard that I personally play, but I have played with Indra (for those of you that have felt his nukes) since the start.

DESOUL

Rank 3
DESOUL
PostedDec 26, 2013 5:16 pm
Altros253 wrote:
I'm not a wizard in-game, so I can't say too much on this. What I can say based on dueling my friend who is a wizard/sorc is that I think full crit would be better than splitting between crit and damage. If you went full crit you could get your crit rate to nearly double what it is now. the DMG stat doesn't help your DoTs from sorc and there's no way those 43 levels in DMG got any where near doubling your damage stats.

I also question calling that build a crit bomb build with only a 24% chance to crit. Wouldn't that mean you're only a crit bomb 1/4 of the time? I would rather go full CRIT and then stack gear with CRIT & CRIT DMG (especially going for level 48 blue gear with the "Lion's Fury" prefix as that gives +30% CRIT DMG against players).

This is just my 2 cents, and keep in mind that I don't have a wizard that I personally play, but I have played with Indra (for those of you that have felt his nukes) since the start.  

Kind of have same opinion here.

43 points in damage is 15% damage, while having those 43 points into crit, would make it extra 11% crit.

Assuming you are a half decent wizard and you have all the passives, plus the right Signets and the buff, you should be over 210% crit damage.

At that point, your 15% damage is not worth squat compared to the 11% crit you would get from those stats.

Why? Because math, learn it.