I considered giving a 2, but i just couldn't because the things pushing my rating down are just too "strong". So my rating was a 1.
- The release of Aura Kingdom so far has been very positive when it comes to the schedules, GM involvement, in game events. AGE has been improving on their quality of releasing client based games as i was very impressed so far by what they have been doing in AK.
- Founders pack prices, the vast majority of the community including myself felt the prices were too high. I bet the numbers are alright since i've seen a lot of diamond founders but i honestly think if the prices were actually fair you would have seen a lot more. Selling 10 packs of 300 bucks when you could have been selling 50 packs of 200. I may be wrong but this seems to be the majority opinion on it and from what i could tell most people were looking to get the bigger pack (20k ap based on the bigger pack from SB) but decided against buying one at all after seeing the prices.
- The GS team for the release of AK. I completely agree and understand why the first batch of a GS team has to be consisted of mainly former/current GSes. This saves time for the liason to train anyone on the general policies of being a GS, brings experienced people to a release of a game which some may consider the crucial time of a game. However picking people based on their work in other games instead of work in the specific game they are moving over to seems a bad choice. Most of the picks are former/current EE gses who haven't been a part of AK, most of them are strangers to the AK community and have done nothing towards helping and supporting the game. They can be excelent GSes but i think its a blow to the community when they see strangers representing them and there are excelent members in the community who have worked hard to help the game and the players through the pre-beta phase. I understand the liason of AK is the same as it was on EE, which is way he is more familiar with the GSes there, i'd like to think it wasn't because EE moved over to the EU office and they have, lets say, diferent policies when it comes to handling their GSes, i hope it wasn't those "diferencies at the end of the month" that made these people change as i have a feeling some of those were. (Not all)
(Dinasty Warriors Online)
-While AGE has improved in releasing new games (see above) they have been going down in quality when it comes to shutting down a game. It still makes no sense to me the whole rebate thing. AGE has been doing a 30 day rebate after the server shutdown announcement when they should be doing a 30 day rebate prior to such announcement. Players don't want to be compensated for the money they spend after a game has been announced "dead", they want a compensation for when they supported the game while he was alive. It's that simple. Most of those people will be goin away from this publisher and by doing these, you are just pushing them harder away when they could have been lured through events and promotions to other AGE games.
- Passing over LC to a diferent publisher with a one day notice was not a bright idea and the explanation given as to why they decided to do this was questionable.
(LO and DKO / Also a bit of FEAR)
- THe lack of updates being given by the GM team amazes me, negativily speaking of course. A simple "we have requested updates on the game and are waiting for an answer" would be better than silence. It's not that hard to create a topic once a week and let everyone know on whats going on, even if nothing is going on. I would include FEAR on this one, as in between alpha phases and after them theres a complete blackout and players are left to wonder on whats going on.
- Consider getting a couple of GMs working on these games, offering support instead of getting new games here. Most of those games are a mess because theres no forum support, no GSes to help, and everyone is just left to work with what they have. Also, don't we have enough games with region blocks? For a company that calls himself an worldwide publisher, i see more and more of "you can't play due to your region".
- Why aren't all the partner games together in a section like the aeria ignite games? It would make the forums look a lot better. It still amazes me how games with less than 50 posts deserve a whole section for them when other big games like DMO are stuck under a Aeria Ignite sign.
Happy holidays to everyone