jotasnake

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
jotasnake
PostedDec 23, 2013 8:19 am
Been going for full damage. Is going full crit really better?

Advertisement

ClumLord

Rank 0
ClumLord
PostedDec 23, 2013 4:46 pm
I have trouble figuring out the best path too. Your basic passive gives extra crit damage so i'm guessing it's only logical to go that way buy leveling up crit in offense and taking the passives that give you critical chances and critical damage. But i see that some people advise a Speed Build...

So what is the best build then? If Speed then what passives do you take?

purewater100pc

Rank 1
purewater100pc
PostedDec 23, 2013 7:04 pm
jotasnake wrote:
Been going for full damage. Is going full crit really better?  

i tested full damage and full speed
i find crit must more efficient

this is because most damage gear have crit and Crit damage tag with them.this give u a higher scaling when u are already using crit.also going full dmg full speed make us waste our crit dmg percentage.

TL:DR : crit > dmg atm cuz of content cap

Speed build is also good because u can rotate ur spell faster, but as i notice spd does not ( or does but a very sightly effect) decrease casting animation, me as i am right now i can rotate all my spell without having speed.but ofc with speed u can do meteor every 5-7 sec instead of 11 sec. but think again we are mage and we are pretty squishy, how i survive my battlefield is i kill the one targeting me be4 they kill me.so i prefer a quickburst.

this is just my personal opinion, every build works is just how you play the game

That_Guy26

Rank 0
PostedDec 24, 2013 12:59 am
Anything else

animecutiechan

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
animecutiechan
PostedDec 24, 2013 1:04 am
I've been going full crit with a little bit of points in damage I'm not too worried about speed yet I'd think again about it. I do love hitting hard and dealing tons of dmg but I'm squishy and almost die xD maybe more cast speed would help but Im unsure if I should just build the DEF on my wizard instead.

xTempest08

Rank 0
PostedDec 28, 2013 1:14 am
Toepeka wrote:
That_Guy26 wrote:
OK thanks And any sub-classes ?  

Probably socerer for a sub class. It will give you DoTs , healing AND cc

Which will Increase your survivability  

what does CC means?

AuraGalaxy

Rank 0
AuraGalaxy
PostedDec 28, 2013 7:45 am
Again, I suggest you look at my thread about Wizard Builds and Sub-class for end-game. (It is in chinese and I hope people have time to translate it to english).

http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?p=17816043#17816043

After reading many posts in TW forum, there are indeed lots of debate between Wizrad/Bard and Wizard/Sorc. Due to our level cap and limited content, only people who have play TW server(Not me) can give you an accurate information for end-game. So you need to analyse and decide by reading their discussions. All I want to say is..there MUST be a reason why people use more Wizard/Bard than Wizard/Sorc right? My conclusion after reading those discussion are, Wizard/Bard is better for PvE and this game is more PvE-centric.

Also, Wizard/Gun is probably the best wizard combo for 1v1 PvP.

DESOUL

Rank 3
DESOUL
PostedDec 28, 2013 10:21 am   Last edited by DESOUL on Dec 28, 2013 12:44 pm. Edited 2 times in total
Dont listen to idiots, full crit and HP.

Reason being, Wizard is made for crits, just like Ravager and Duelist.

We have a buff with 20% crit damage and a passive for 15% crit damage for a reason, staffs also have crit damage and rate by default.

You are the only trully effective magic crit burst class, so exploit the edge you get , dont be stupid and go with little things like SPD, we already have low cooldowns, not to need any SPD stat.

Why HP?
Because our HP pool is so small, that those 5% def will not help in any way, but an extra 20% HP ontop of your already low HP, will help you lots to survive that extra hit, or that big aoe.
For 50 points into HP, you get a increase of 30% HP bonus.
For 50 points into DEF, you get 10% DEF ontop, you decide if 30% hp or 10% def is better, but i would lean towards HP.

mirukomi

Rank 2
PostedDec 28, 2013 11:19 am
AuraGalaxy wrote:
Again, I suggest you look at my thread about Wizard Builds and Sub-class for end-game. (It is in chinese and I hope people have time to translate it to english).

After reading many posts in TW forum, there are indeed lots of debate between Wizrad/Bard and Wizard/Sorc. Due to our level cap and limited content, only people who have play TW server(Not me) can give you an accurate information for end-game. So you need to analyse and decide by reading their discussions. All I want to say is..there MUST be a reason why people use more Wizard/Bard than Wizard/Sorc right? My conclusion after reading those discussion are, Wizard/Bard is better for PvE and this game is more PvE-centric.

Let them discover by themselves i guess, many people ask for advices but generally if the advice doesn't fit their taste they just deny it adn go "i know teh truth, i will do that it will work better, TW sht"

Although you did the right thing, read what others version experienced, theorize it and test it in obt.

Adeninax

Rank 0
Adeninax
PostedDec 28, 2013 12:27 pm
I think going for full spd build isnt wrth at least u have bard as a sub. There's some passives based on crit boosting so i think going for dmg/crit is the best option. There's soome ppl who talks about full crit build but we gotta consider in OBT will be better equipments which prolly increase significaly the crit rate.

mirukomi wrote:
AuraGalaxy wrote:

Let them discover by themselves i guess, many people ask for advices but generally if the advice doesn't fit their taste they just deny it adn go "i know teh truth, i will do that it will work better, TW sht"

Although you did the right thing, read what others version experienced, theorize it and test it in obt.  

I wonder why there are just 3 classes used as a sub for wizard. What about using another AoE calsses as subs for focusing on PVE like ravager and cannon?