vitaminmusic

Rank 0
vitaminmusic
PostedDec 22, 2013 5:28 am

Ravager/Duelist Duelist/Ravager stat build ideas

Share your thoughts on these sexy classes!
What are your ideas for stat builds for these classes?
A lot of people been saying that the hardcap for speed is 50%, im considering going full speed up until i hit the cap the compensate the rest of the stats with future gear. With the game out this early, more testing needs to be done and its hard figure out min/max on certain builds.

Lets make this thread count.
Share your ideas!

Vitamin
Advertisement

blackdeath101

GameSage: Forum
blackdeath101
PostedDec 22, 2013 1:08 pm
I despise speed on my Duelist in that, I do not gear specifically for Speed nor do I put points into speed. The only thing cooldown reduction will do is take a skill out of my rotation (with enough CDR), and allow me to use crit buff and combos more frequently. But that is not worth all of the missed damage/crit I could be stacking.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though. I am going all damage for the early levels and then start getting crit up to a 1:1 ratio when I start getting the crit envoy's (crit % + crit dmg) For defense points, I have no idea yet. I keep flipping back and forth between full hp or 1:1 def/eva. Without any +'d armor, I have around 40% def and 37% evasion in all dps gear.

SiegLhein

Rank 4
SiegLhein
PostedDec 22, 2013 1:15 pm
blackdeath101 wrote:
I despise speed on my Duelist in that, I do not gear specifically for Speed nor do I put points into speed. The only thing cooldown reduction will do is take a skill out of my rotation (with enough CDR), and allow me to use crit buff and combos more frequently. But that is not worth all of the missed damage/crit I could be stacking.

Speed affect duelist's DoT tick, making it faster. which you guys are pretty dependent on actually. If you hardcap 50%, that means ticks goes twice as fast.

But that's if you get to 50%. Which no one can do in this beta.

Cant flim flam the zim zam

qawsar

Rank 5
qawsar
PostedDec 22, 2013 1:17 pm
Actually speed is very important. Besides reducing your cooldown reduction, it also makes your DoT's tick faster. At 30% speed your DoT's tick at .8 sec (a major difference late game), and that's the tick cap.

After which I'd go for crit. Putting points into damage doesn't add very much, but if you have high crit damage and %, combined with fast skills, and stacking DoT's to tick faster, you become very deadly.

As for defensive stats, try and cap both defense and evasion via points and gear. This is a difficult but possible feat.

auragameaccount

Rank 0
PostedJan 14, 2014 9:04 pm
qawsar wrote:
Actually speed is very important. Besides reducing your cooldown reduction, it also makes your DoT's tick faster. At 30% speed your DoT's tick at .8 sec (a major difference late game), and that's the tick cap.

After which I'd go for crit. Putting points into damage doesn't add very much, but if you have high crit damage and %, combined with fast skills, and stacking DoT's to tick faster, you become very deadly.

As for defensive stats, try and cap both defense and evasion via points and gear. This is a difficult but possible feat.  

then how much Speed should i put to get the 50 % ?

and how much Crit should i get to get the most damage out of each skill..

by the way i use a guardian and my Damage over time skills are what makes me win dungeons bosses and pvp

so yeah..

Question #1 : what is the Attack speed cap?

Qestion #2 : is it good to go attack speed + full def with a guardian?

Qestion #3 : at the cap level given it is level 75 how much points should I invest on my speed to get to the speed cap and get the most CDR for my skills?

Question #4 : when i reach speed cap, is it good to invest the remaining points to CRIT rather than Damage? why?

btw I am currently a level 51 Guardian and I have 44% speed -(all points invested on speed)
and i have 60% def (all points invested on Def)

if you would please answer my question I will really appreciate it thnx in advance