CheeseMonkeyss

Rank 0
CheeseMonkeyss
PostedDec 22, 2013 1:38 am

Wizard or Sorcerer?

Main or Sub
Which is better as a main and sub weapon for PvE, Wizard as main and Sorcerer as sub or Sorcerer as main and Wizard as sub?
Also which one has more AoEs or DoTs?

Advertisement

killed_wine

Rank 0
PostedDec 22, 2013 4:05 am

Re: Wizard or Sorcerer?

Main or Sub
CheeseMonkeyss wrote:
Which is better as a main and sub weapon for PvE, Wizard as main and Sorcerer as sub or Sorcerer as main and Wizard as sub?
Also which one has more AoEs or DoTs?

Wizard have more AOE and sorcerer more DOT,as for PVE its depend on your play style but i think wizard deal more damage then sorcerer

Virtuezx

Rank 0
PostedDec 22, 2013 4:08 am
Here is look at all the classes skills. You can scroll through to find the Wizard and Sorcerer. Well in this they are just Staff and Grimoire

http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=2058103

Toepeka

Rank 2
Toepeka
PostedDec 22, 2013 4:30 am
this is my general opinion on a sorc.

Sorc's allow for classes with not much survivability ( in this case wizard ) a fighting chance.

by that i mean the CC and the DoTs. However, taking sorc as a main class may not provide as much satisfaction as it would a sub class for the main reason that it goes well with any class.

for example.

take the Ravager. Off tank, nice aoe, fair bit of dps. But, that alone wont be enough to go that extra mile. Then Bam. Add the sorc as a sub class and youll get a nice heal, CC AND DoTs.

so the ravager has just become a Dpsing off tank support that can heal. ( might be a little bit over exaggerating but you get the point )

so i honestly would say stick with the wizard as the main class and sub in the sorc for the survivability so you get all the perks and aoe's of the wizard and THEN the cc and heal from sorc.

i would say build SPD and HP, only due to the fact that you can get a decent amount of def from your equipment anyway and you shouldnt be in close quarters combat so having little EVA should not be a problem.

Hope this helped you to some degree Smile

again this is only my opinion

mirukomi

Rank 2
PostedDec 22, 2013 6:55 am
Go wiz main, i won't repeat what toepeka said, it's a fine advice.

CheeseMonkeyss

Rank 0
CheeseMonkeyss
PostedDec 22, 2013 10:04 pm
Thanks for all the responses guys.
Now I just have one more question.
Let's say I use Wizard as a main and Sorcerer as a sub geared for PvE, which of the 4 starter Eidolons would work best for AoEs?
I'm thinking about either picking Grimm or Alessa, but I'm leaning more towards Alessa.

Toepeka

Rank 2
Toepeka
PostedDec 22, 2013 11:33 pm
CheeseMonkeyss wrote:
Thanks for all the responses guys.
Now I just have one more question.
Let's say I use Wizard as a main and Sorcerer as a sub geared for PvE, which of the 4 starter Eidolons would work best for AoEs?
I'm thinking about either picking Grimm or Alessa, but I'm leaning more towards Alessa.

To be honest. Your first eidolon doesn't really matter, all 4 will benefit you in equal ways, for me I just chose Grimm because he looked the best haha.

But really it won't really put you at a disadvantage no matter who you pick Smile

xzpwnz24

Rank 2
xzpwnz24
PostedDec 23, 2013 1:29 am
Wizard as main to spam their signature skill meteor