shiinacutie

Rank 0
PostedDec 21, 2013 1:09 am

Duelist Envoy Path skill

Duelist mastery the one that gives you supposedly a crit rate% when equipping dual blades is not working.. i hope by open beta this would be fixed as this could greatly affect us duelist..
Advertisement

blackdeath101

GameSage: Forum
blackdeath101
PostedDec 21, 2013 1:36 am
There is % crit rate and % crit, both do different things.

% crit rate amplifies your crit rate. So if you had 1000 crit rating and got 1% crit rate, it would become 1010 crit rating.

shiinacutie

Rank 0
PostedDec 21, 2013 2:55 am
ok lets use your formula for crit rate %.. i have 18.51 crit atm.. i have 5% crit rate total from duelist mastery.. how would u calculate it then?

if your equation is like this.. 18.51 x 0.05.. well i guess its really a bug then cuz it didnt add any crit at all..

and lastly whats the difference between crit rate% and crit %? thanks..

blackdeath101

blackdeath101
PostedDec 21, 2013 3:20 am
Crit Rate = number that calculates into crit chance %. 1000 crit rate might be 30% crit at level 25, and then 25% crit at level 28. The amount of crit rate to turn into 1% chance to crit increases each level.

You are putting into crit rate % which increases your flat number, which then increases your crit %. So it won't be near as effective until higher levels when you have a very high crit number. Until then, you want to take points that say "Crit 3.2%" as those will increase your crit by 3.2%.

That said, I just made a level 3 character to get the first "Crit 0.8%", the opposite of what you took which says "Crit Rate +x%..". My level 3 went from 6.64% crit to 7.44%, just as expected. Thus, proving that Crit Rate % increases the flat number.

Now as to why your crit might not have appeared to be changed. As I was saying, when you level up, the amount of crit you need for 1% crit goes up. So when you leveled, you might have gone from 18.5% crit down to 17.9% crit or something like that. You then picked up the a "Crit Rate %" which increased your crit up to a similar number that you had before you leveled, making it look like it didn't change.

If you are still sure that it is bugged, I can go further and level this toon up and screenshot crit rate % taking effect.

shiinacutie

Rank 0
PostedDec 21, 2013 3:23 am
blackdeath101 wrote:
Crit Rate = number that calculates into crit chance %. 1000 crit rate might be 30% crit at level 25, and then 25% crit at level 28. The amount of crit rate to turn into 1% chance to crit increases each level.

You are putting into crit rate % which increases your flat number, which then increases your crit %. So it won't be near as effective until higher levels when you have a very high crit number. Until then, you want to take points that say "Crit 3.2%" as those will increase your crit by 3.2%.

That said, I just made a level 3 character to get the first "Crit 0.8%", the opposite of what you took which says "Crit Rate +x%..". My level 3 went from 6.64% crit to 7.44%, just as expected. Thus, proving that Crit Rate % increases the flat number.

Now as to why your crit might not have appeared to be changed. As I was saying, when you level up, the amount of crit you need for 1% crit goes up. So when you leveled, you might have gone from 18.5% crit down to 17.9% crit or something like that. You then picked up the a "Crit Rate %" which increased your crit up to a similar number that you had before you leveled, making it look like it didn't change.

If you are still sure that it is bugged, I can go further and level this toon up and screenshot crit rate % taking effect.  

thanks for that wonderful explanation.. i really get it.. so this crit rate +x% isnt useful in low levels.. right?

blackdeath101

blackdeath101
PostedDec 21, 2013 3:27 am
Yes. Unless you are able to get very high crit stats on your gear, it will never be as effective as getting the flat 1.6 and 3.2% crit points.

claydohvhid

Rank 0
PostedDec 28, 2013 7:23 pm
this is too hazy for me still, in duelist envoy path, which one should I get? crit % or crit rate? or both?

FearMyWrath

Rank 0
FearMyWrath
PostedJan 06, 2014 6:15 am
Seems fairly simple to me, here's what I understand of it:

There are 3 stats:
- Crit.Rate: A number, it corresponds to a certain amount of Crit depending on what level you are. A Crit.Rate of 1000 might be 20% at Lvl10 but only 12% at Lvl14. (numbers only used as explanation)
- Crit: The actual percentage/chance you have on doing a Critical hit.
- Crit Dmg: The amount of extra damage you do when a critical hit happens.

This explains that Crit% adds directly to your chance of hitting critical.
While Crit.Rate% affects the Crit.Rate-number, which will affect your chance depending on your LVL.

I hope this explains it better, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here! Wink

edit: I think its the same with most other stats like defense and evasion, there's a raw number which corresponds to a % depending on the lvl you are..