AikaFuwa

Rank 0
AikaFuwa
PostedDec 20, 2013 6:05 pm

Need guidance for Wizard

Wizard Guide
Hi guys, I'm quite new here

I want to create a wizard. However I have lot of questions so far..

1) Is there any wizard guide out there that I can refer to?

2) Stat distribution (Atk, def) so confused, could someone plz let me know how to distribute points correctly for wizard build?

3) I heard about "sub-class". What is that? Does it mean I can choose another class for my wizard? Which level I can do that? If yes, what is the best wizard/? combination?

Thanks
IGN: Aika
Advertisement

jotasnake

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
jotasnake
PostedDec 20, 2013 7:19 pm
I don't know of any wizard guide but i've been playing one and so far my experiences have prooven to be sucessfull and its a pretty good class.

About the stats, i've been going full attack/deff, i tried a bit with crit but gave up and did a reset, i felt i was better off with full attack and full defense.

The subclass, you can pick one at lvl40 by doing a quest when you get there. You can pick from any of the other classes, you will gain acess to the skills of the other class you have (with a bigger cooldown to compensate for it), some combinations have combo skills.

The prefered choices for Wizard is Harp or Grimm, i went with Grim and so far i like it.

AikaFuwa

Rank 0
AikaFuwa
PostedDec 20, 2013 7:48 pm
jotasnake wrote:
I don't know of any wizard guide but i've been playing one and so far my experiences have prooven to be sucessfull and its a pretty good class.

About the stats, i've been going full attack/deff, i tried a bit with crit but gave up and did a reset, i felt i was better off with full attack and full defense.

The subclass, you can pick one at lvl40 by doing a quest when you get there. You can pick from any of the other classes, you will gain acess to the skills of the other class you have (with a bigger cooldown to compensate for it), some combinations have combo skills.

The prefered choices for Wizard is Harp or Grimm, i went with Grim and so far i like it.  

Thx for your reply
What is "Grimm" btw? It is an Eidolon instead of a sub-class right?

Lhent

Rank 0
Lhent
PostedDec 20, 2013 8:17 pm
Pretty sure he's referring to Grimoire, or Sorcerer in this version. Grimm would be the dragon eidolon, so it's easy to see where you'd be confused.

AikaFuwa

Rank 0
AikaFuwa
PostedDec 20, 2013 9:02 pm
Lhent wrote:
Pretty sure he's referring to Grimoire, or Sorcerer in this version. Grimm would be the dragon eidolon, so it's easy to see where you'd be confused.  

I see, thanks

mirukomi

Rank 2
PostedDec 21, 2013 6:24 am

Re: Need guidance for Wizard

Wizard Guide
AikaFuwa wrote:
Hi guys, I'm quite new here

I want to create a wizard. However I have lot of questions so far..

1) Is there any wizard guide out there that I can refer to?

2) Stat distribution (Atk, def) so confused, could someone plz let me know how to distribute points correctly for wizard build?

3) I heard about "sub-class". What is that? Does it mean I can choose another class for my wizard? Which level I can do that? If yes, what is the best wizard/? combination?

Thanks
IGN: Aika  

1/ only on foreign version forums like TW or HK
2/ 2 popular builds:
-speed/def
-dmg/def
3/it's your 2nd class unlockable at 40, allows you to use all skills of that class at some certain lvs, all skills of this class CDR x 3
popular combo are: sorcerer, bard, gunslinger

jotasnake

jotasnake
PostedDec 21, 2013 6:48 am
Sorry, i meant Grim, like lhent said, the weapon for the Sorcerer class. That extra m came out of nowhere Razz

AikaFuwa

Rank 0
AikaFuwa
PostedDec 21, 2013 7:27 am
If I focus on dps, I think it would be good to focus on dmg/def? If yes, how much points/ratio should I put in those two?

For the Envoy Path/Aventurer's Road. I refer to this:
http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=2058103

But don't know what is the order to take the skills, any suggestions?

jotasnake

jotasnake
PostedDec 21, 2013 8:33 am
I went with full points on damage and defense, not sure if an alternative would be better but i'm happy with this choice.

As for your envoy path, i worked on the bottom left corner which is mainly damage, also made my way along the 2 combo skills for staff/grim which are on the bottom and on the left side. On open beta, with more lvls and more points to use i'll work my way into the top right corner for the other combo skill and getting some def and hp along the way.

Not sure if this is the best one but its the one that seems to suit me the most.

AikaFuwa

Rank 0
AikaFuwa
PostedDec 21, 2013 9:03 am
jotasnake wrote:
I went with full points on damage and defense, not sure if an alternative would be better but i'm happy with this choice.

As for your envoy path, i worked on the bottom left corner which is mainly damage, also made my way along the 2 combo skills for staff/grim which are on the bottom and on the left side. On open beta, with more lvls and more points to use i'll work my way into the top right corner for the other combo skill and getting some def and hp along the way.

Not sure if this is the best one but its the one that seems to suit me the most.  

Great, look good to me.
Btw, I'm focusing more on PvE