PostedDec 16, 2013 2:25 pm
Yes, been playing it since last year ^-^v

MaximusVRR

Rank 3
MaximusVRR
PostedDec 16, 2013 2:59 pm
crystalpink wrote:
Yes, been playing it since last year ^-^v  

Nice! Any idea which server I should join? So keen for the WvW so planning to join Blackgate. About class/race I'm going for a Asura Necromancer, so going to go for a Minion Master. Gonna roll out with 8 different Minions /m\.

crystalpink

Rank 5.1
crystalpink
PostedDec 16, 2013 3:23 pm
Umm, Blackgate is the most stacked server at this moment, so if you go to BG for WvW, you might have to deal with:

- Massive skill lag, especially during blob vs blob and 3-way blob battles.
- Long queue. Might take a couple hours to get into WvW during reset night (On Friday).

The good thing is you can get big fights here and there, which means you will get more lootbags and more kill counts compared to playing in less stacked servers.

As for the class/race:
- Asura is nice. They can be really cute if you design them well.
- Necro is a decent class and helpful in WvW comp build if you run with guild WvW group. They usually need necros to run with them.
- Minionmancer build is not that helpful in WvW if you run with a group. Marks-and-wells (condi) build is preferred by people in WvW guilds.

Anyways, feel free to try different builds and play the one you like the most.
You can reset your build anytime you want =)

gamesruud2

Rank 5
gamesruud2
PostedDec 16, 2013 3:25 pm
crystalpink wrote:
Umm, Blackgate is the most stacked server at this moment, so if you go to BG for WvW, you might have to deal with:

- Long queue. Might take a couple hours to get into WvW during reset night (On Friday).

The good thing is you can get big fights here and there, which means you will get more lootbags and more kill counts compared to playing in less stacked servers.

As for the class/race:
- Necro is a decent class and helpful in WvW comp build if you run with guild WvW group. They usually need necros to run with them.
- Minionmancer build is not that helpful in WvW if you run with a group. Marks-and-wells (condi) build is preferred by people in WvW guilds.

and I thought chinese was hard to understand...

MaximusVRR

Rank 3
MaximusVRR
PostedDec 16, 2013 3:41 pm
crystalpink wrote:

As for the class/race:

Couple hours to get into WvW? I heard the game was dieing seems it's quite the opposite, ah. Yeah heard about the lag in WvWvW zerg fests. On second thought I'm just curious to try it out, won't pick a server solely on that (+ the fact my build's useless in it).
Coming from a Veteran, which server would you advice me to join? Not a server suited for a newbie but a one you'd say has a good population! And are MM builds useful in PVP/PVE you know dungeons/raids sort of things? Only MMOs I've ever played were Tera Rising and DC Universe for a couple of months. btw, thanks for any and all your help! Mind giving Ingame name, or you're taking a break from the game like every ex GW2 player says. Razz

crystalpink

Rank 5.1
crystalpink
PostedDec 16, 2013 5:33 pm
Well, if you compare the population now to the population during the first few weeks or months of the launch, then yes, it looks like it's dying, according to people who played since beta or first few days of the game release.

I joined last December, when some people (including AngryJoe) already left GW2, and I think the population stays the same. I see people left the game for good, and I also saw some new players every month.

The stacked server will always have the most population.
Blackgate seems a good choice if you want a server with big population (PvE and WvW).
Other than that, you can try Jade Quarry. I heard from my brother that the WvW community there is nice, and they have big population, too.

For MM build, I saw one necro used it in sPvP, but it was a zerker/glass MM necro, not a bunker one, so yea the necro was quite deadly.
In PvE, I don't know. I don't do PvE/dungeon much coz I bought GW2 solely for playing WvW xD

I still play every day since I'm still addicted to WvW. ^^;;;

My IGNs: Euphemia Hime, Chibi Asura San, Vanille Morgana, Pinky Pearl, Avicenia