ArcaneSpecter

Rank 2
ArcaneSpecter
PostedDec 13, 2013 8:04 pm

Aeria Ignite is being stupid.

(Surprise, surprise)
I've installed my Aura Kingdom client, and after opening it, it prompted me (forcibly) towards Aeria Ignite, where it made me install the game AGAIN.
Even after doing so, it still doesn't realize that I have it installed and keeps displaying an 'install' button. Additionally, Aura Kingdom doesn't seem to be getting a Start Menu or Desktop icon.

Can anybody propose a solution to this?
Advertisement

dragoon2199

Rank 0
dragoon2199
PostedDec 13, 2013 8:11 pm
I installed via the site and Ignite detected the game easily.
Have you installed AK in another location or different method other than the site/ignite?

I am that little taste of bitter you so secretly desire... <3

jotasnake

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
jotasnake
PostedDec 13, 2013 8:34 pm
I havent installed it yet but i can confirm it later.

You should be able to run the launcher from the folder where the game is installed therefore avoiding it to be run through ignite. Thats why you can delete ignite after AGE games are installed if you prefer it that way.

ArcaneSpecter

Rank 2
ArcaneSpecter
PostedDec 13, 2013 8:35 pm
I have no such thing. My aeria_launcher file on the Aura Kingdom folder forces me, again, onto Ignite.

doc09

Rank 4
doc09
PostedDec 13, 2013 8:42 pm
Right now. this is the first draft to the minimal client. Ignore the "New Folder" title, i'll have that fixed out later on. When i get to a later draft of the MC, there will be more info and everything.

ChibiViolet

GameSage: Aura Kingdom
ChibiViolet
PostedDec 13, 2013 8:46 pm
I know this doesn't solve the issue of Aeria Ignite being weird but you could try Blue's mirror download on Google Drive.

Here's the thread for you

ArcaneSpecter

Rank 2
ArcaneSpecter
PostedDec 13, 2013 8:53 pm
doc09 wrote:
Right now. this is the first draft to the minimal client. Ignore the "New Folder" title, i'll have that fixed out later on. When i get to a later draft of the MC, there will be more info and everything.  

While your client seems to be sof ar the most functional thing yet, the patcher doesn't even get version.txt. Is that another issue, or does the patcher not work yet in general?

As for ChibiViolet, I have tried using Blue's, but thank you for the support.

doc09

Rank 4
doc09
PostedDec 13, 2013 8:57 pm
ArcaneSpecter wrote:
doc09 wrote:

While your client seems to be sof ar the most functional thing yet, the patcher doesn't even get version.txt. Is that another issue, or does the patcher not work yet in general?

The unable to download the version.txt is a launchermod issue, right now i think the one that's in that draft is set to #Set 2 ftp to http, try using #set 1.

ChibiViolet

GameSage: Aura Kingdom
ChibiViolet
PostedDec 13, 2013 8:58 pm
ArcaneSpecter wrote:
doc09 wrote:

I should have figured you did. I'm sorry.

ArcaneSpecter

Rank 2
ArcaneSpecter
PostedDec 13, 2013 9:01 pm
ChibiViolet wrote:
ArcaneSpecter wrote:
doc09 wrote:

I should have figured you did. I'm sorry.  

No need to apologize; You're still trying to be of help.
Right now I'm giving a go at replacing some fo the downloader files with Blue's (again) and see if that does it.

The fun part about this is that if Aeria would at least make Ignite OPTIONAL, none of this would occur.