LoDebar

Rank 3
LoDebar
PostedDec 10, 2013 12:51 am

Time for a new GRB System

Can our new GM's/PM's push for this?
With GM_Skudy's extremely accurate response to the crashed GRB this past weekend, it gives me hope that we may finally have someone that expresses concern for our enjoyment for the #1 most popular remaining event in Shaiya - the GRB.

We have been promised for a couple years now that there will be a new GRB, but nothing seems to be happening.

When all 4 servers were merged, 120 ranked guilds were compressed to 30 guilds per faction. Not everyone wants to be ranked #1, but most guilds would like to have a guild house so that the guild members can have a place of their own.

The contents in the Guild House are outdated to the EP2 era.

The GRB maps are well known, and the order and strategy in killing the bosses and mobs are now just a procedures that is repeated over and over and over. The main strategic advantage one guild has over another is how well the guild can respond to players being DC'd during the GRB. That means outside influences to the game are affecting the results of the GRB. A new GRB map with new puzzles with higher level mobs, and more advanced strategies are needed.

Because the former 4 US servers are down to 1 server, and there is a possibility that the German servers may merge with the US server, we need more guilds that can rank and get a guild house. The number should be significantly increased. 50 at the minimum.

The items in the Guild House should reflect EP7 not EP2. Most of the items that can be obtained from the merchants is useless to all of the players in this game, regardless of player level, grinder, or PvPer. The merchants needs to be upgraded to reflect EP7 and the way the game is played today and the types of gear people use now.

Blacksmith? come on now, stat 7 or 8 lapis? what advantage does having a special blacksmith get you if you rank #1? Nothing.

Because of this, GRB ranking is only for bragging purposes.

Since GM_Skudy has voiced compassion for our pain with an untimely crash right after end of the GRB, maybe we as a community can rally behind the new GM's/PM's to help them champion our desire to upgrade the GRB/Ranking/Guild House system to the developers that this is a very important part of the Shaiya experience.
Advertisement

argetlam3437

Rank 3
argetlam3437
PostedDec 10, 2013 1:15 am
+ 1

iceystryder

Rank 2
iceystryder
PostedDec 10, 2013 1:29 am
I totally agree with every word you said, but there is one more issue with this, we have already alot of bugs sneaking into the game and seeing how quick these bugs are getting fixed, im just hoping that they dont add more new stuff, it just seems the more stuff they keep adding the more bugs we get and no one to fix it.

I would rather stick with the current bugless GRB(not counting the crashes ofcourse) istead of a new GRB system with bugs but then again we all dont get what we always want and everyone has different opinions.

JamesGodden

Rank 5.1
JamesGodden
PostedDec 10, 2013 4:35 am

Re: Time for a new GRB System

Can our new GM's/PM's push for this?
LoDebar wrote:
#1 most popular remaining event in Shaiya - the GRB.  

You're definition of popular is misconstrued, it is the most active time in the game, not the most popular, I know from opinions in the various PvP orientated guilds i've been part of the GRB was always a CHORE but because it was a NECESSITY to give marginally better linking and access to cheaper pots and UTs people did it, that doesn't mean it is at all popular, that's like saying work is the most popular life activity, because more people do it than other activities like being retired or unemployed or in education.

What you mean is the GRB is the most active event.

P.S Guild house isn't Ep2 content it came in LONG after I began playing, and I'm an Ep3 baby myself

Spooky999

Rank 2
Spooky999
PostedDec 10, 2013 7:06 am
If it were me I would allow the score to be acquired at any 1hr period with in a set time frame say 12 hrs so Saturday becomes GRB day and at any point in that 12 hr window any guild can do their given hour. The hour starts from the time the first guild member goes through the portal.

This would allow guilds from all over the world to choose the time that best suits them while staggering the amount of people on the server at anyone time.

rossithin1

Rank 0
rossithin1
PostedDec 10, 2013 7:18 am
Agreed GRB needs to change. It use to be a joy but now theres nothing new it's a drag. The excitement of GRB as decreased over the years due to nothing new.

Emilia789

Rank 2
Emilia789
PostedDec 10, 2013 7:35 am
+1

horacijo90

Rank 1
horacijo90
PostedDec 10, 2013 9:02 am
+1 But the problem is that this isn't something what a GM can do if Nexon dont send patch to them they can't change it, the only think what a GM can do is to reqest a patch from Nexon.

Careyyy

Rank 3
Careyyy
PostedDec 10, 2013 9:11 am
horacijo90 wrote:
+1 But the problem is that this isn't something what a GM can do if Nexon dont send patch to them they can't change it, the only think what a GM can do is to reqest a patch from Nexon.

Then we are requesting GM's to request a patch for grb Razz

horacijo90

Rank 1
horacijo90
PostedDec 10, 2013 10:12 am
Careyyy wrote:
horacijo90 wrote:

Then we are requesting GM's to request a patch for grb Razz  

Yup Very Happy