Gunslinger
Ravager
Sorcerer
Wizard

Alessa
Grimm
Merrilee
Serif

For people like me who need the comparison to decide.

~RB~
Advertisement

Ikki9117

Rank 0
Ikki9117
PostedDec 02, 2013 1:20 am
Best(by 3 stars)

Single Target: Duelist, Grimm and Serif

Area of Effect: Grenadier and Wizard, none

Defensive: Guardian, Serif

Evasive: Duelist, Alessa

Heal: Bard, Merrilee

Support: Sorcerer, none

Worst(by 3 stars)

Single Target: none, none

Area of Effect: none, Merrilee

Defensive: none, none

Evasive: none, none

Heal: Guardian and Gunslinger and Ravager, Alessa and Grimm and Serif

Support: none, Serif

~RB~

DainBlack

Rank 0
DainBlack
PostedDec 02, 2013 11:34 am
Thanks! This chart is very helpful for deciding which class/sub + eidolon combination to choose when making a new character.
I added in names and pics for an easier view - http://i.imgur.com/vOhJpoU.jpg

mirukomi

Rank 2
PostedDec 02, 2013 12:18 pm
Err those eidolon won't be used past lv25 (or only for show). Not saying it's useless but it would/will be far more useful with the others eidolon. It won't make much difference w/e starting eidolon you choose, it's more aesthetic than useful.

Not to mention those rating (official) are bad, let's take grenadier, AOE 3 stars, it's totally not accurate if you consider axe and staff to be AOE 3 stars too, grenadier is mainly single target, its AOE are super small, or unreliable and the only good one is not used that much. Nothing in comparison to axe or staff.

I would highly recommend people to look at skills detailed description (even more test it out themselves during CBT) before deciding and not paying much attention to those ratings.

My 2 cents (i'm not criticizing your works, just the official base rating)

whitenuts00

Rank 1
whitenuts00
PostedDec 02, 2013 12:28 pm
I'll choose Grimm at the start regardless of stats just because it's the epitome of awesomeness. :3 I even decided to dust my tablet off and draw a really quick sketch of it today.

<br> [DeviantArt ]</center>

DainBlack

Rank 0
DainBlack
PostedDec 02, 2013 12:50 pm
mirukomi wrote:

Not to mention those rating (official) are bad, let's take grenadier, AOE 3 stars, it's totally not accurate if you consider axe and staff to be AOE 3 stars too, grenadier is mainly single target, its AOE are super small, or unreliable and the only good one is not used that much. Nothing in comparison to axe or staff.

I would highly recommend people to look at skills detailed description (even more test it out themselves during CBT) before deciding and not paying much attention to those ratings.

My 2 cents (i'm not criticizing your works, just the official base rating)  

I see. It's great to have an overall comparison of the strengths and weaknesses of each class, but thanks to your insight - the ratings aren't a complete representation of them. Melee vs range is also an important factor to consider. I agree that the best way to decide would be to get familiarized with the skills of each class and then test out whatever combinations ourselves. Each player is different and while some players prefer a particular pairing, others may choose differently based on their playstyle.

That's the thing about starting a new game. Not many of us know what works well yet and any in-depth knowledge we do get are from a few experienced players such as yourself who played the original Chinese version. These kinds of decisions will get easier as more player experiences regarding specific class combinations is shared in the future.

Nice sketch of Grimm btw, whitenuts00.

bcurtich

Rank 0
bcurtich
PostedDec 02, 2013 1:57 pm
Exactly what mirukomi said.

These stars ratings are generally not good nor accurate and by no means represent the capabilities of a class in its entirety, even less if we consider subclasses aswell.

DontEatEl

Rank 0
DontEatEl
PostedDec 02, 2013 3:54 pm
Well I guess that's true that it doesn't tell you how good a specific class is when it is given 3 stars for the specific, um... thing .... title, heading, group?

But however it does tell you the general idea of the actual class. Although it is not precise nor in any case near accurate, it is just a generalised image of the class. Say, for example, you want to play a support class, then for someone who does not have access to the other versions of this game, I will look at the class page for help. From here I can see which classes are support type class and then that helps me to figure out what class I may chose to play which in this case is a sorcerer.

Sure, I could look at the skills description of each class to fully understand what class I may want to play, but you know, for someone like me who is too lazy to do things like that, I'd rather just use what I got without doing further research and try each class out during the CBT instead. But in a why this info will still be quite informative even if it only helps a lil. Razz

But yea, thanks Ikki9117 for making it easier to see and compare the classes even if its only a general idea of each class. :3

Scythe_like

Rank 1
Scythe_like
PostedDec 02, 2013 4:18 pm
Duelist + healing eidolon sounds logical, but yeah, stars dont explain much at all ^^

kapluut

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
kapluut
PostedDec 02, 2013 4:35 pm
Also, Stars are kind of oddly balanced.. Some classes have 9 while the Grenadier has 11 and some sit in the middle at 10.