InsidiousRose

Rank 0
InsidiousRose
PostedNov 29, 2013 1:11 pm

Lvl 23 Quests?

I'm a level 25 whipper currently doing(or was doing) lvl 23 quests, since I had been grinding ahead. My question is, are there many quests for level 23? It feels like I'm missing some. This isn't my first Arkana, and I remember an entire chain of quests in Path of Snakes.(Don't remember the level...) The map says 23 - 24 for Path of Snakes, and I haven't gotten a single quest to kill Corrupted Arkana, which are at the entrance. Do those quests start at 24? I already have quests with Yuna waiting.

I only got 20 quests for level 23, and I'm at 31% experience. This is without any PvP, or Caergate.

Is this normal? Am i missing some quests, or is it just because lvl 25 requires a lot more EXP & grinding?
Advertisement

uchihapoly

Rank 3
uchihapoly
PostedNov 29, 2013 1:42 pm

Re: Lvl 23 Quests?

InsidiousRose wrote:
I'm a level 25 whipper currently doing(or was doing) lvl 23 quests, since I had been grinding ahead. My question is, are there many quests for level 23? It feels like I'm missing some. This isn't my first Arkana, and I remember an entire chain of quests in Path of Snakes.(Don't remember the level...) The map says 23 - 24 for Path of Snakes, and I haven't gotten a single quest to kill Corrupted Arkana, which are at the entrance. Do those quests start at 24? I already have quests with Yuna waiting.

I only got 20 quests for level 23, and I'm at 31% experience. This is without any PvP, or Caergate.

Is this normal? Am i missing some quests, or is it just because lvl 25 requires a lot more EXP & grinding?  

Ummm i just finished making a Cyberblade to 25 xD and i did have to kill corrupted arkana in the process but i don't remember exactly if i had to kill them at 23 or 24. Just keep doing the quests till you have no more and then if you still think you are missing some press J and look for them o.o they should be there.

Thanks to lorddarthmel for his godlike skills.

InsidiousRose

Rank 0
InsidiousRose
PostedNov 29, 2013 2:01 pm

Re: Lvl 23 Quests?

uchihapoly wrote:
InsidiousRose wrote:

Ummm i just finished making a Cyberblade to 25 xD and i did have to kill corrupted arkana in the process but i don't remember exactly if i had to kill them at 23 or 24. Just keep doing the quests till you have no more and then if you still think you are missing some press J and look for them o.o they should be there.  

Eh, Well, thanks, I suppose.
Just wanted to know to make sure. It looks like each level gives you 15 - 20 or so quests, so I don't think I missed any. The quests are a bit of a concern to me because the map says you begin fighting monsters and completing quests in Path of Snakes at 23, and I haven't gotten a single quest there until 24. Corrupted Arkana are lvl 23(I think). I feel like I'm missing something. :c
I think I'll just finish off lvl 23 with grinding until lvl 26 and then do the lvl 24's.
Thank you for the help, sir.

lynn.sue

Rank 0
PostedDec 01, 2013 11:01 am
I've run 6 Arkana to the upper 20's so I have a body of work to compare things with.

I've noticed that since the patch you run out of quests with less of the level completed than before. I have a CB at lvl 26 right now and it doesn't seem like any quests were dropped (yes, I had the corrupted Arkana quest), it just seems like either the quest XP values were tweaked or the level XP required were increased. Case in point: My previous Arkana could work JUST the quests and wouldn't run into the "no quests left but still need to level" situation until just before the quest to enter Drailmarsh. With my CB, however, I was out of quests and had to grind while still at Hamil's Camp.

In the 20's, questing used to take you to about 75% of the progress to the next level. Now, you should celebrate if you make it to 45% before the quests run out.

EDIT: Just had a thought and this may or may not be valid...

The CB seems to cut through mobs faster than my other toons. Not sure if the class is OP or I just lucked into a good configuration of skills. Anyway, it occurs to me that in the 20's you're expected to make up some of the grindage with trips to Janus or Turnpike. With my other toons, I might - say - complete 3 or 4 quests before a Janus or Turnpike rolled around. With the CB, however, I could blow through 6, 7, even 8 quests before the next Janus/Turnpike. That would reduce the total number of Janus/Turnpike opportunities I would have before running out of quests and having to start grinding. The missed XP from those PvP battles could be where the difference is between the older toons and the CB. Like I said, just a thought and I haven't done any math to confirm nor deny this.