CrimsonR4ge

Rank 0
CrimsonR4ge
PostedOct 26, 2013 2:50 am

What way should armor look?

the eternal struggle to look cool
Throughout MMO's, the main kill factor for me is unvaried customization. From what Iv'e heard about this game, is that the armor affects stats only, and the costumes are cosmetic. In order for this to be (in my opinion) proper, there should be varied costumes that can be obtained through monster drops, shops, or crafted. It turns me off to see that the only way to get costumes is extreme labor/grinding (Eden Eternal) or buying it with real money.

I am putting my hopes into thinking this game will be different, what are your thoughts on armor systems? what is your ideal system? I would like to know other opinions to make sure I'm not just a virtual costume hoarder. xD
Advertisement

KiraTsukasa

Rank 1
KiraTsukasa
PostedOct 26, 2013 6:52 am
So... you want nice things without having to work for them?

I suppose you'll also want to get end game gear at level 1 as well.

qawsar

Rank 5
qawsar
PostedOct 26, 2013 6:58 am
I prefer when games show off amazing armor as well as costumes.

However, because AK does have this variety of costumes available, and doesn't require every player to have insane amounts of gold in order to buy it off players, it's really nice.

Quests give you tons of costumes.
Dungeons give you costumes.
Gods give you costumes.
There are even boxes that can give you costumes from the adventure shop, of course these are untraceable, but they are cash shop costumes.

The cash shop provides more of a variety, but there's more than enough of a variety obtainable in game as well so I'm okay with it.

CrimsonR4ge

Rank 0
CrimsonR4ge
PostedOct 26, 2013 10:19 am
No, I'm not saying that. if you play Eden Eternal, then you would know that the costumes can be obtained with about 200 of those token thingies, and to do that you have to get 1 at a time from daily quests... that is too much, just for a costume. i do not want people to be entitled to costumes, yet i want some non-extreme way of obtaining just one. Its the tradeoff of what you get vs how much work it is to get it. please do not exaggerate my intended statement, KiraTsukasa

And also, thank you qawar, that was very insightful Very Happy

.Otaku

Rank 0
.Otaku
PostedOct 26, 2013 11:31 am
KiraTsukasa wrote:
So... you want nice things without having to work for them?

I suppose you'll also want to get end game gear at level 1 as well.  

i would sign up for that anytime.
GW2 did a great job

Sacrifice something for the greater good

llGrimll

Rank 0
llGrimll
PostedOct 26, 2013 11:50 am
For me, what really ruins a game is when they give you amazing looking armor and weapons so early in the game at low levels.
It doesn't make sense, unless it was followed by some quest that explains why you would be wielding such powerful looking gear, low levels should have low level looking gear.

And the looks should progress with your levels, getting increasingly stronger looking with added levels.

qawsar

Rank 5
qawsar
PostedOct 26, 2013 11:56 am
llGrimll wrote:
For me, what really ruins a game is when they give you amazing looking armor and weapons so early in the game at low levels.
It doesn't make sense, unless it was followed by some quest that explains why you would be wielding such powerful looking gear, low levels should have low level looking gear.

And the looks should progress with your levels, getting increasingly stronger looking with added levels.  

This ^

I remember playing games like RF where you get amazing weapons at level 1 and it makes no sense. But then again it was a horrible game.

Luckily, you don't get OP armor in the beginning nor OP costumes. In fact it's really plain, and as you do quests and progress through out the game, quests give you costumes that progressively seem to look better.

nilesse

Rank 1
nilesse
PostedOct 26, 2013 12:11 pm
It's still your own opinion on what looks "low-level" and what doesn't.
But yeah, there are enough costumes you can get without spending money.

SplinterDawn

Rank 2
SplinterDawn
PostedOct 26, 2013 1:08 pm
Want something that really doesn't make sense?

In high to end tier you start getting armor that barely protects anything, you know, the "less armor means more protection." Garbage.

SiegLhein

Rank 4
SiegLhein
PostedOct 26, 2013 1:16 pm
SplinterDawn wrote:
Want something that really doesn't make sense?

In high to end tier you start getting armor that barely protects anything, you know, the "less armor means more protection." Garbage.  

I do hope this doesn't apply to male characters too. I don't want my character to look like a exhibitionist...